Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] BB Q&A Video

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

[Feedback] BB Q&A Video

You can find the thread right here.

Please comment below.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    No news on when we can expect the items from the German server on here? (ice mansion, artic iron mine, 220 gen, invasion of the nords - aka nords 2)

Was a good video though with the mention of some good future plans if they happen. Would like to know about if they are going to add 7 new buildings for science levels will the island be made bigger as so many high levels have almost filled their islands to capacity.

World
    Sandycove
    Disappointing ...

There is still no definite timescale mentioned as to when any of the new content will be introduced.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    A Q&A video straight from the forum would be nice with no vetted questions. Let members vote say the 10 best questions and BB have to answer them the best they can.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I actually found that the video raised more questions than it solved, especially for those of us that have played for a while and have either reached level 50 or are close to reaching lvl 50.

Along with other posts in the forum, I found the consistent use of End Game player to be slightly worrying. It could just be another instance of bad translation/bad terminology from BB's side, but it did leave me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

End Game player implies that the game is finished; that there will be nothing more. However - this has never been implied nor stated by BB before. On the contrary... We used to be able to see that granite and exotic would be unlocked at level 52 (or was it level 51?). We have been promised new economic adventures for almost a year... Likewise with (the optional?) PvP. However, I do understand that we move with snail mail speed, after all move building was promised in December 2011 and appeared in late Summer of 2012.

Nor was there any mention of when long running servers would be moved out of Beta. We keep being told that it is the servers that are in Beta, not the game. The EU/UK English servers have been up and running for almost 18 months. I find it slightly baffling that a well established company like BlueByte cannot get hold of the staff to create stable servers in that time period.

I do appreciate that BB have implemented a new quest chain that affects all levels. However - considering how many of their player base have reached lvl50 across older servers, I question the priorities. I do understand that new players mean more money in the coffers, however, without the players that started a year ago or longer, you would not have the successful game that you have today.

I found the answers to what lvl 50 players could expect to be "clear as muck". No time frames, no specifics. Actually - that applies to the whole video.

I used to expect better...

Nice to see the community managers being able to ask questions though, even if the answers were worthy of a seasoned politician.

Blue

World
    Newfoundland
    End Game Content simply refers to content that is currently at the tail end of the game, when a new update comes out with more buildings or newer adventures, that becomes the new end game content.

You could view it currently as Granite and Exotic Wood Planks being end game over Stones and Pinewood Planks.

Certainly doesn't mean where we are at now is the end of the game, just means you can't currently progress past it as things stand.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I will be polite in my remarks today.

No time frame, nothing about L50+, nothing about mentioned, they mentioned all those new buildings without telling me they considered that people have been playing for MORE then 18 months and have their entire island being used, nothing about the lagg (my explorers lost in 2x12h searches 45mins!!!).

Well, I will be spending my online-games-money-budget on another game this month.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Yeah it seems to fit the viewpoint a lot of level 50 players have, in that BB would prefer it if we got bored and left to free up room for new players...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by toastkid View Post
    Yeah it seems to fit the viewpoint a lot of level 50 players have, in that BB would prefer it if we got bored and left to free up room for new players...
    thing is though many of us like me have spent to much real cash in the game to do that that's why now at lv49 i will take my time to get to lv50 as i have spent a small fortune on this game (before anyone comments yes it was my choice) but i also remember there was a option to search for exotic wood and granite that was removed from treasure hunt options. so i will do what many are probably doing now take time to get to lv50 then do adventures just to rid the game of boredom and take part in any quests/events that may come along but still have to wait for them to make new levels ect like everyone else

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Well it was really nice to see BB doing some real feedback and addressing community raised issues (somewhat) directly. Also it was great to see some feedback on actual complaints without the usual excuses or backslapping.

What would be great is if you could tackle these issues with more detail, i know timescales are bad for everyone.. as missing the date irritates.. but some of the issues raised are more than a year old and and have been consistently confirmed as in progress but with nothing more than that.

I agree with the commentator above that the language of "End game players" was worryingly like level 50 is where progress basically stops... but to be fair there was no mention of a raised level cap. It sound like you get to level 50 and then all you do is more of the same type of adventures as you've done a million times (albeit new special ones) for a different kind of XP. :S not particularly innovative or inspiring I must admit.. how about new goals and objectives to get away from the formulaic combat system..

The most fun i had on TSO in the last year was when the Quests system got overhauled and I had a hundred new quests to do overnight.. the guild really gelled and came together to help everyone get those done. It promoted guild and personal pride raising everyone's interest. More diverse ways to play and gain XP would be really fun.

The new skill trees obviously sound interesting but do make it seem like our island will now be gearing to production paths... for what reason? To ramp production for an item for trade? Not really clear on that.

The Guild portion of the video pretty much answered nothing.. yes all the guild stuff we want and you want to give us is the obvious stuff (like a thousand other online games have done) but where? when? how? The current system only loosely works and is prone to failure and lacking in many basic features. How about addressing those fixes so the system works between now and when the shiny new features arrive?

Overall what was missing was some addressing of the bigger issues with the game and the topics that garnered the loudest protests on the boards (the messy End of the world Event.. which according to the video we all really liked and the terrible pre-easter event with the badly thought-out quest tree that was impossible for some by level and others by a design in it's % chance system.). All in all it's a huge step forward but still baby steps to what the community (here at least) actually want to see and hear addressed.
    Last edited by Nashius-Maximus; 19.04.13 at 09:55.

Reply to Thread