Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild Quests - Island of the Pirates

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Guild Quests - Island of the Pirates

I sent this as a support question a while ago and was told it had been forwarded to the right department but have yet to hear back any further. I post it here for general comment and suggestions.

Hi there,

This is a suggestion, or maybe plea, that you rethink the frequency at which Island of the Pirates appears as a guild quest requirement. The mid-level players (who one could suppose are the majority of people in the game, not just a majority in my guild..) who receive this quest are finding it increasingly hard to a) have enthusiasm for and b) complete in the numbers needed to round off a complete (all members participating) Guild Quest.

Main issues;
    This appears for my guild (SYS- Schoolyard Settlers) currently about twice a week. It is in several 'quests' eg. Today it is part of 'Shooting down the moon' chain, but I know it is in others too. We have tried to complete it over 3-4 days before cancelling due to not having the last 3 people moving on with it. And I know from my guild leader that friends of his leading other guilds sometimes have to wait 5-7 days to accomplish the full quest.

This could be resolved by changing the requirements for one or two quests so that it appears less frequently; however I think there is a better solution.

Since these are Guild quests - I think that it would be beneficial for all adventure requirements to be two-player or more. This game is actually quite segregated although it is an MMO, joint quests are really the only way to interact with other players apart from chat and trade. We as a guild do much better when our core medium level players have for instance, Dark Priests as a requirement for Guild Quest because we can share it with a teammate. I would like to recommend (perhaps with the new update? pretty please ) that all adventures required for guild quests be duo-able - to help build gamesmanship, build good team/guild friendships and dynamics; and create a workable guild quests system that doesn't leave us backing up for days.

Some other thoughts;

The frequency of the quest across the board, means it is hard to come by in trade and the price is inflated. I don't think guild quests were designed to or should affect the economy in such a way.

We are no longer enjoying the adventure as it has this weight burdened on it that we 'have' to complete it, every few days. Then, if we end up not being able to fully complete; 20+ guild members have done the quest, possibly having bought it at an inflated price in trade, and do not get the reward they were working for because it is practically impossible. It's not good for morale! I like to enjoy an adventure with a bit of variety and it's a good map but I have stopped playing it for fun; I hold onto them now for guild quests and that is paranoia and hoarding.

Thankyou for reading,

[Since I sent this, Guild leader can no longer cancel the quest if we don't complete. It is now requiring people who have not had luck with explorers to spend 400-500GC + for the adventure every 3 or so days, or else pay gems to complete. I can only imagine the price will keep rising as there are not enough adventures to go around. Obviously Easter had an effect on this with less explorers adventure-hunting as they were all on treasure hunts instead. I hope stock rises and price falls soon but I don't see much hope. If someone hasn't the gold or the adventure and we get this quest twice a week, the gems one gets for a weekly bonus are not enough to cover paying for it.

I think this is one of the best short adventures in the game but there is NO space to enjoy it when it is not a guild quest, or indeed to enjoy any adventures apart from those required for guild quests without keeping a good stock of Retired Bandits in one's star menu. Please Please take this into serious consideration.]

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    another way BB could help solve this problem would be to reduce the price of buying the adv in the merchants as 150 map fragments is also quite impossible to get especially if we have to do it ever 4th day or so

tjd1969
    I completely agree with what has been posted above and feel that it is ridiculous at how the cost of this cheap adv has gone through the roof making it unaffordable for lower level players. I think that quild quest adv should be more multi-player advs and this way high level players are able to help low levelers.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I agree! make it iotp more rare in guild quests or increase the chance to find the adventure,its really rare that explorer arrives with iotp..... Furthermore as MMM said,it would be better to have multiplayer adventures as quild quests so the "guild" word will have also a meaning and reflects also a team.

World
    Newfoundland
    It does appear BB are taking your comments in (maybe not from this thread made today, but from others made before and feedback submitted like above)

If you check on the Test Servers change log you'll see it states this

FEATURES
    • More than 100 new guild quests
    I'm not normally one for pasting information from other places like that, however I feel it'd be good to let you guys know that stuff appears to being done to help with issues like this

EDIT: I don't know when/if this will hit the live servers
    Last edited by peck_ed; 17.04.13 at 10:30.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks Peck_ed, I certainly look forward to a bit more variety!

And thanks for the support guys!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

I had a bit of a rant on this very subject on another thread last night. Seriously demoralising and bad for the whole guild quest system. More variety is definitely needed, or at least a tweak to the algorithm so it doesn't show up as often! Nice work MMM

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    And now here we are a month later, and still nothing has happened. I just had Island of Pirates in GQ for the third time in about 8-10 days. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Please_do_something.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    This -> http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...tures-and-more.
    Suggests a lot more guild quests from tomorrow. Increasing the pool of quests should ease this issue (but of course, we haven't seen this in action yet)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Personally i think adventures should be dropped as guild quests all together
    Last edited by veganbot; 22.05.13 at 13:02.

Reply to Thread