Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Restore Gunhof's Island

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry Restore Gunhof's Island

Gunhof island froze due to a bug, supports only fix was to reset his island/account and have refused to restore to its former glory.

He has gone from lvl 48 to today level 36 (had to start from level 1), I remember looking at his island it was excellent, now not so good...

Just making this post to say come on support sort it out! Its worrying to think how much time and effort one may spend on here for something like this to happen through no fault of your own and support to not put it right.

BB_Ravel / BB_Dantesama - is there anything you can do??
    Last edited by PChamps; 21.04.13 at 20:48.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was "only" lvl 48, but thats not the point, i focused on upgrades and not xp hunt..

I moved a lvl 5 silo (had around 50 of them lvl 5) and my island freezed, wrote "zone is locked, try again" and couldnt load my island, contacted support and they gave me 2 options, reset my account, or let it be LOL call that an option.

I got a fraction of my ressources back from my buildings, but still struggling to get some of it back, they gave me until lvl 3 of my buildings, suggested i could make an complete list of my island, since i know/knew it very well, i had around 70 noble deeds, 26 lvl 5 cooking, 8 lvl 5 coinages a few lvl 4 also, 12 lvl 4 goldsmelters, an tons of other buildings. around 150 red flying in star menu and over 200k goldore also in star, but didnt got stuff from my star menu back.

But yes they told me what i would get back, but yeah didnt had an option so had to reset it.. But i got my bought gems back to use on my island again luckily :-)

I have mailed ALOT with Tatiana from support, and have tried to explain how much time i have used on this game, and how difficult it is to get your island to that lvl, and hoped she understood, but i dont think she knows how long it takes to get where i was..

I have got ALOT help from guildies and guys and girls on my friendlist, and its so much appreciated, so i can lvl up fast.

Sorry for my poor english, but hope it makes a bit sense.

If a mod is interested in my complete mails with tatiana, i could send it.

I just dont get why they arent more interested in helping a paying player to get back to his old lvl, and give me the stuff, so i can rebuild my island again. I easily conquered my island back, and i can live with that, but my lvl and my stuff i have used on buildings i dont get why i cant get that back ? And what about stuff from my star menu, and what about all my bought deeds/silos, why cant i get them back. so i pretty quick could get back to my old standard :-)

And what if this happens again ? Use another year just see it all dissapear, just because i move a building, thats not fair.
    Last edited by Gunhof; 21.04.13 at 21:11.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Gunhof I think you are playing this game way too hardcore. They told you right - just let it go

World
    Sandycove
    Personally I think the amount of time and effort having gone into a players game should not just be "let go". It is clearly a major bug that has occurred not just once in this game, but many times and needs priority investigation to get it fixed. It has happened to 2 people I know already, and there are posts from many more on this forum.

If you ever go to the test server, you will know that there is an opportunity to start players at certain levels and with level 5 buildings; now if that can be done there, it can surely be done for a player on normal servers.

I have screenshots of the whole of my island just in case the worst happens to me. I would anticipate, given the above comments on the test server, that some bright spark at BB could rebuild my island back to those levels should the need arise.

In the short term, the problem seems to be with moving buildings; perhaps it would be best to remove this function until a fix is found?

It is unacceptable to expect a player to start from scratch with limited resources - if this continues to happen, people will just give up on the game.

Given Ubisoft is accepting hard cash from some people who play, it doesn't say much for the stability of the game to have to accept this.
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 22.04.13 at 07:27.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunhof View Post
    I got a fraction of my ressources back from my buildings, but still struggling to get some of it back, they gave me until lvl 3 of my buildings, suggested i could make an complete list of my island, since i know/knew it very well, i had around 70 noble deeds, 26 lvl 5 cooking, 8 lvl 5 coinages a few lvl 4 also, 12 lvl 4 goldsmelters, an tons of other buildings. around 150 red flying in star menu and over 200k goldore also in star, but didnt got stuff from my star menu back.
    Perhaps this can be a suggestion for BB for when this happens again... Have an option players can use to save a log of what status their island is at. The logs would simply include the number and level of buildings. If frequently saved (once a day or even once a week) this would enable a player to quickly re-establish their island if they could show BB the most recent log or that BB could access it themselves from a central server. Not sure how far it could extend, because resources come and go so quickly, but building numbers and levels should be a reasonable thing to expect and not have to remember or write down by hand.

BB definitely need to address this though - you can't have players losing a year's worth of play and having no way to re-establish all that they've created and worked for. If BB don't have the records/logs to give players back what they had in the event of such serious bugs, then that is something they must sort out as a matter of importance. Players are spending real money here and BB cannot hide behind the 'beta version' excuse when they are taking players' money.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Gotta agree, how can something simple like moving a building to a different sector cause a crash on a players island? absolutely awful bug that needs to be fixed.
    Ive had it twice now, once from moving a noble and another time by building 8 flowerbeds at once! The 2.a.m script got me bk in but im not sure i could take being frozen out altogether and the only option is to reset to level 1.

My star menu has over a 100 unique buffs, loads of decs and tons of adventures and if they were not given bk id be gone!

I wont be moving anything else around my island until this bug is fixed!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same here, id never move a building again, wont let this happen again.. And the only reaseon to why i keep playing, is that i got my 66k gems back, and have some really kind friends/guildies helping me to get back in the game really fast :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really think u have to hold back. Wana see what you do after so much time/energy/money invested and one day u have on your screen : game over

(reply to viper9)

What regards BB suport really think they should take this kinda problems with more seriosity, because we all now is not just a game..
    Last edited by kavajdan; 22.04.13 at 13:20.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    Perhaps this can be a suggestion for BB for when this happens again...
    bb just [removed]... the same problem gets discussed on the german worlds since multiple months.
    why should some hobby programmers could make user saved logs when they cant even store them on the server.

Fadito,

Please do not use abusive language.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 22.04.13 at 21:30.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    BB keeps a log of the buildings you have and the levels, I know this as I had to reset and they gave me a list of what I had, they also gave me enough materials to rebuild to the same level as before and all the XP to get me back to the level I was at, keep on talking to support and make yourself a real pain until they give you everything you need and then more to compensate for time wasted

Closed Thread