Reply to Thread

Thread: Jolly Geologist doesn't find deposits.....

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Jolly Geologist doesn't find deposits.....

See timeline below.
    Sent out 3x Geologists (one jolly, 2 standard). Jolly comes back after finding nothing, the standard ones find deposits (no deposits were exhausted between the geologists coming back.

[08:16] System: Your geologist starts searching for a new deposit...(Jolly Geo)
    [08:16] System: Your geologist starts searching for a new deposit...(Std Geo)
    [08:16] System: Your geologist starts searching for a new deposit...(Std Geo)
    [08:17] System: Your geologist did not find a new Stones deposit, because you already have too many deposits of this type. (Jolly Geo)
    [08:17] System: Your geologist starts searching for a new deposit... (Jolly Geo)
    [08:18] System: Your geologist has found a new Stones deposit! (Std Geo)
    [08:18] System: Your geologist has found a new Stones deposit! (Std Geo)

World
    Newfoundland
    Did you send out the Standard before those Jollys that failed to find the deposit?

Think of it this way, the second you send out a geologist, he is assigned to find a certain deposit, then you just have to wait for the timer to finish. If you send out a standard taking 30 minutes, then 2 minutes later send out a Jolly both to look for 1 missing Marble Deposit, the standard has already called dibs on it! So your Jolly will fail to find even if he does return first

Would that theory make sense in your situation?

(Sorry if I didn't explain that too well!)
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Sandycove
    Not entirely true I'm afraid, because I send out my geologist 3 hours before my coal mine runs out, and it does find the deposit after the 4 hours needed by the geologist.

I did notice that sometimes a geologist notification pops up stating he couldn't find anything, but when you log out and log in again, the deposit was found after all.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    Not entirely true I'm afraid, because I send out my geologist 3 hours before my coal mine runs out, and it does find the deposit after the 4 hours needed by the geologist.

I did notice that sometimes a geologist notification pops up stating he couldn't find anything, but when you log out and log in again, the deposit was found after all.
    Yeah, I will see if I can find out the timings for this, I have noticed coal can be different and also the location of the found deposit, but on the smaller ones it seems to fall into place
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Reply to Thread