Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Part 1

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Level 50's have already been milked of there cash, BB do not need to worry about them so much as it is the lower levels who will continue to pay for gems...

I hoped for a mention of when nords 2 was coming to ALL servers - Nothing
    PVP - Nothing
    Higher levels - Nothing

Feel let down - Totally

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I'm really looking forward to the crisis quest.

Actually I'd like to see more adventure content for lower levels. I'm level 26 and just did Bounty Hunter which is pretty easy, even for me, but from the information I've read on the guides there's a big jump in the number of troops required for even Lost Skull (around 50 troops for BH, over 500 for LS?????) never mind the other adventures like Horseback or Witch of the Swamp. It would be good for players like me to have some easier adventures at lower levels because I don't have enough room on my island for hundreds of troops yet and I can't afford to make them quickly because my buildings are quite low level still. Some adventures that need 1/2/300 troops for lower level players would be really good.

I'm still working on clearing my island, but it would be nice to have something different to try for a change.

World
    Newfoundland
    BB throwed us a bone. New buildings in 2013? ok, you showed us a carrot, where's stick?
    I'm not looking forward to those updates as they bring nothing important to the game. I also look for another game as your competition have more of a interest in community and game development that BB.
    I should feel excited about these news right? but I'm not. It just feels like the game is going to slowly die without proper development [removed] soon there will be 2 years since they promised PvP (2011) Still no info about PvP/past lv50/Science system. I'm not really sure if I'm ever going to play any other BB/Ubi. game thanks to The Settlers Online experience. I have never seen a game that was so slowly developed and 'managers' just [removed] down on players.
    Some of the players base is going to move to anno online and 'surprise, surprise' they are going to be let down as we are in TSO.
    It really makes me laugh when I hear that developers get feedback from our forum, what kind of feedback is being sent there and who is sending it? It seems like they get wrong messages or none at all. Even support is useless but I can't discuss that. You guys would be surprised what they can and can't do.

Ubi/BB please rename yourself to Joke Company™.

Way to go!
    Oh and Keep it up!

K0sh1,

Please do not use profanity.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 30.04.13 at 16:09.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bluebyte just a suggestion and I am not even joking...

Elance is a company that you can hire freelance programmers/developers to make something for you, basically you list what you need and the programmers bid against it to give you the best price and time scale etc.

Can I post on behalf of Bluebyte asking for some cheap developers to design PVP or add more levels? I am sure if I told them it needs to be done by this time next month it will.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Well, like I already wrote to the players in my guild some time ago, I need something more then just low level updates to keep me interested. As I don't want them to force to built a new guildhouse plus starting up ANOTHER new guild, I will keep daily logging in for now.. Just to be able to cancel the stupid guild quests (if that is again possible) and that kind of things. But for the rest?? Nah, I will be spending my time on a game with updates

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    And again, nothing about levels above level 50.
    Maybe over 2 weeks

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Very frustrated - yet again more new features that haven't been on previous Dev Diary updates but still no clarity on the stuff that was on Dev Diary updates 12 months ago.

Come on BB be honest with us and tell us truth. Can I suggest the following as an official update;
    1. We are struggling to implement PvP and have no idea how to make it work. Activity on this area has been postponed indefinitely.
    2. We are still looking at how to make the sciences work. We will test this out with a couple of new buildings. But don't hold your breath on seeing a fully developed science tree any time this decade.
    3. We have no intention of lifting the L50 cap. Basically we will take your money, keep telling you its coming but in truth we stopped any Dev in this area 6 months ago.
    4. We are a German company and that's where our loyalty will remain. We will always ensure our German server players have better content than all other servers and that they will retain an advantage over the rest of the world when looking at global quests like End Of The World due to them having additional general types.
    5. We will be keeping this server on Beta status but not tell you why. Basically its broken, we have performance issues and every update re-introduces bugs we fixed and released months ago. Seeing as we don't employ proper System Architects or any form of code control we feel it best that we retain the Beta status until we retire the game - expect this to be when we have finished training the new Anno Dev Team on the TSO Beta systems.
    There we go ^^ certainly seems more appropriate than the current position of no real details of any substance or value being provided. Maybe you should just copy and paste the above for the next Dev Diary instalment.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    very frustrated - yet again more new features that haven't been on previous dev diary updates but still no clarity on the stuff that was on dev diary updates 12 months ago.

Come on bb be honest with us and tell us truth. Can i suggest the following as an official update;
    1. we are struggling to implement pvp and have no idea how to make it work. Activity on this area has been postponed indefinitely.
    2. we are still looking at how to make the sciences work. We will test this out with a couple of new buildings. But don't hold your breath on seeing a fully developed science tree any time this decade.
    3. we have no intention of lifting the l50 cap. Basically we will take your money, keep telling you its coming but in truth we stopped any dev in this area 6 months ago.
    4. we are a german company and that's where our loyalty will remain. We will always ensure our german server players have better content than all other servers and that they will retain an advantage over the rest of the world when looking at global quests like end of the world due to them having additional general types.
    5. we will be keeping this server on beta status but not tell you why. Basically its broken, we have performance issues and every update re-introduces bugs we fixed and released months ago. Seeing as we don't employ proper system architects or any form of code control we feel it best that we retain the beta status until we retire the game - expect this to be when we have finished training the new anno dev team on the tso beta systems.
    there we go ^^ certainly seems more appropriate than the current position of no real details of any substance or value being provided. Maybe you should just copy and paste the above for the next dev diary instalment.
    so true!!!

+1

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Talking

Excellent! This game is now addictive.

Just as I bacame saturated game developers came with this new stuff.

Keep the Settlers spirtit on Blue Byte

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I'm already shutting down production on my island, just keeping a few bits running here and there in the vain hope that one day BB will actually increase the level cap. I'm bored. BB doesn't give a flip about those of us that have hit 50!

Reply to Thread