Newfoundland
    +1

World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    All the changes are more than welcomed but, as the users above me say, what about the end-game content? (by end-game I refer to 45+, not necessarily 50). I personally lost interest a loooong time ago, and just come back for the "special" events, otherwise I log-in to replenish my mines/fields, daily quests (all-in-all 2-3 minutes/day) and when the island "froze" itself (a feature that I dearly miss) I was skipping even the daily activities. Given the fact that I don't even read the forums anymore some of the following might be already said and I apologize for repeating them.
    1) increasing the level cap; I remember reading about this some time ago but I haven't seen anything new (or you have done it and renounced the idea of removing the messages older than two weeks; case in which I apologize again); this won't be just "another limit" because players will have things to do in this new levels ⇓
    2) expanding the useful available terrain; from my point of view this can be achieved in one of two ways:
    -another 3*3 island with required levels from 36-60 for each new patch (one patch every 3 levels);
    -expanding the home island to a 4*4, thus adding 7 new areas (eg. by creating a volcano eruption in the NE 41 area), with the ability to explore a new area at levels 36-60 (one patch every 4 levels); to decrease server load you could keep the island as it is, and add the "expanding" event at level 36. As enemy camps there could be something like lava fiends, demons and stuff (if "the settlers" already made some step towards surreal beings -easter bunny, santa- I don't see were's the harm in some demons .
    I don't know which one would have a lesser influence on the servers, but that's why the test servers exist
    In both cases the enemy camps should be VERY HARD (but NOT almost impossible for a F2P-er) to beat at the minimum required level, and, most important, the enemy camp must have randomized troops (maintaining them at a certain over-all power level for each camp) thus making the players to make some calculations by themselves and not just open a "best army composition for camp x" page. Not to influence the actual gameplan to heavily, each new area could give only 5 new building slots.
    3)"moar" periodic events; I noticed that you're trying to aim for a every "2 month-ish" event, which is certainly a good thing. But wouldn't it be possible for more? I don't mean Farmville weekly event+questline, but 1-2 events/month would be great. You could use some actual "low level " holiday (like the upcoming mother's day) or you could do some research into the medieval holidays/celebrations, given the game thematic. As rewards go, I guess that even a building like the silo would please most players (something that doesn't influence the game that heavily, but it will make the players feel that they've gained something useful).
    4)the hardwood/granite/salpeter/titanium mines; the geologists had them for so long that I took them as granted in the following patches, but I see that they've disappeared;
    5)a few adventures; the idea with the randomized camp can also be used here; they should not give many "actual" resources, but they should be the only way to get the ⇓
    6)new resources (basically the idea behind the hardwood->titanium, only that they will be harder to get); these can be used in the new skill system and they can also make ⇓
    7)a new tier of units+buildings; the new units don't necessarily need to be the bigger version of the actual units, just better(with abilities like splash) or combo units (the other combinations for the cannoneers: a cheap tank for the first strikers, a first striker with high damage -eg. mounted crossbowman: 30-40 dmg-, a meleer with bigger damage...); a couple of new abilities (stun, armor, pierce) could also add to the diversity of the combat system (I don't know what type of skills the generals will have, if any; at least I don't remember seeing/reading anything more detailed); obviously they should have a high cost in very rare materials

I'm stopping here because you guys already have a ton of things to do and I wish you happy coding!
    Last edited by Volaxad; 30.04.13 at 18:33.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello,

I also reached lvl50 a few months ago, did all my quests and in all this time, there was not even a word about increasing levels, implementing some new stuff that would keep players at lvl50 busy and interested in playing this game further.

So today I decided, that if there is nothing new about about adding levels within a month, on 1st of June, I will quit the game and never return.

It is a fun game, especially becouse of the people playing it and this is the only reason I am still around, running my production and doing some adventures every now and then.

Hope that BBs will do something, becouse I have a feeling I wont be the only one quiting the game.

cheers

World
    Newfoundland
    I hope that in Dev Diary part 2 will be included news about info in the guild, that is who's completed guild quests or who is inactive. It is very difficult to follow all guild members!

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    good to hear we will be getting new g/quests
    could do with some new quests all round,
    people do get bored with the same thing day in day out
    the new buildings, probably cost a fortune but we will have to wait and see.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Very frustrated - yet again more new features that haven't been on previous Dev Diary updates but still no clarity on the stuff that was on Dev Diary updates 12 months ago.

Come on BB be honest with us and tell us truth. Can I suggest the following as an official update;
    1. We are struggling to implement PvP and have no idea how to make it work. Activity on this area has been postponed indefinitely.
    2. We are still looking at how to make the sciences work. We will test this out with a couple of new buildings. But don't hold your breath on seeing a fully developed science tree any time this decade.
    3. We have no intention of lifting the L50 cap. Basically we will take your money, keep telling you its coming but in truth we stopped any Dev in this area 6 months ago.
    4. We are a German company and that's where our loyalty will remain. We will always ensure our German server players have better content than all other servers and that they will retain an advantage over the rest of the world when looking at global quests like End Of The World due to them having additional general types.
    5. We will be keeping this server on Beta status but not tell you why. Basically its broken, we have performance issues and every update re-introduces bugs we fixed and released months ago. Seeing as we don't employ proper System Architects or any form of code control we feel it best that we retain the Beta status until we retire the game - expect this to be when we have finished training the new Anno Dev Team on the TSO Beta systems.
    There we go ^^ certainly seems more appropriate than the current position of no real details of any substance or value being provided. Maybe you should just copy and paste the above for the next Dev Diary instalment.
    What he said. ^
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Some good stuff to look forward to but 'A lot of New Daily Guild Quests' is of no use to a guild who aren't receiving any at all at the moment, particularly when no one seems to have any answers to how or when this might be fixed :-(

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    looking forward to new stuff but level 50's aint very happy and i can see why.. something big needs to happen or BB/ubi are going to loose players very quickly

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Driller7 View Post
    Very disappointing updates... The main focus needs to be on lvl 50+ not below that...There are many features that will keep the players entertained, reaching for higher levels easily up to lvl 48...

Things that should be priorities and will generate more income for BB are:

NORDS 2 FOR ALL SERVER-Not just the germans... This should have been in the diary to implement already... *No Brainer*
    Raise lvl 50
    PvP
    Island expansion
    New CHALLENGING adventures *Like Secluded Experiments but with more reasonable loot*
    Science System

Just my opinion as a BORED/looking for other game LONG time ago LVL 50 player

This is an excellent game that combines both younger and older population and keeps everyone happy...

+1 If you agree to show support for the above content that i would like to see implemented before the end of summer or by fall the latest...

Driller7
    totally agree go 50s go :-P

Reply to Thread