Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Part 1

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    [removed]

SirRoy,

Please do not post offensive or derogatory comments.

Try to keep it constructive .

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 01.05.13 at 02:39.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you for finally revealing such a surprise after the last dev diary. Nothing mentioned in the previous develover's diarys have been added and the future plans couldn't be more vague.

People have been asking for level 50+ content for over a year.

Why can't simple things be added first like being able to see who has completed the guild quests, who is active (last 24 hours online) and who is not.

Minor bugs still remain since the new quest system last November, are these not the highest priority?

I don't understand how it takes so long for anything to change.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry

Very frustrated - yet again more new features that haven't been on previous Dev Diary updates but still no clarity on the stuff that was on Dev Diary updates 12 months ago.

Come on BB be honest with us and tell us truth. Can I suggest the following as an official update;1.We are struggling to implement PvP and have no idea how to make it work. Activity on this area has been postponed indefinitely.
    2.We are still looking at how to make the sciences work. We will test this out with a couple of new buildings. But don't hold your breath on seeing a fully developed science tree any time this decade.
    3.We have no intention of lifting the L50 cap. Basically we will take your money, keep telling you its coming but in truth we stopped any Dev in this area 6 months ago.
    4.We are a German company and that's where our loyalty will remain. We will always ensure our German server players have better content than all other servers and that they will retain an advantage over the rest of the world when looking at global quests like End Of The World due to them having additional general types.
    5.We will be keeping this server on Beta status but not tell you why. Basically its broken, we have performance issues and every update re-introduces bugs we fixed and released months ago. Seeing as we don't employ proper System Architects or any form of code control we feel it best that we retain the Beta status until we retire the game - expect this to be when we have finished training the new Anno Dev Team on the TSO Beta systems.
    There we go ^^ certainly seems more appropriate than the current position of no real details of any substance or value being provided. Maybe you should just copy and paste the above for the next Dev Diary instalment.
    join with that +1

so nice being stuck at level 50, been stuck here since 20/4/12

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Very dissapointing again, no news for lvl 50 players, the activity from my view are decreasing activity, buffing, lousy dq, no challenges in guild quest, new quests does not help,we want a lvl cap raise now!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i love it,,,,,finally some new stuff are comming,,,,thanks dev and keep the good work,,,thumbs up,,

World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for all your hard work. Might not be the update I want to see, But any new content/improvements are welcome.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Very frustrated - yet again more new features that haven't been on previous Dev Diary updates but still no clarity on the stuff that was on Dev Diary updates 12 months ago.

Come on BB be honest with us and tell us truth. Can I suggest the following as an official update;
    1. We are struggling to implement PvP and have no idea how to make it work. Activity on this area has been postponed indefinitely.
    2. We are still looking at how to make the sciences work. We will test this out with a couple of new buildings. But don't hold your breath on seeing a fully developed science tree any time this decade.
    3. We have no intention of lifting the L50 cap. Basically we will take your money, keep telling you its coming but in truth we stopped any Dev in this area 6 months ago.
    4. We are a German company and that's where our loyalty will remain. We will always ensure our German server players have better content than all other servers and that they will retain an advantage over the rest of the world when looking at global quests like End Of The World due to them having additional general types.
    5. We will be keeping this server on Beta status but not tell you why. Basically its broken, we have performance issues and every update re-introduces bugs we fixed and released months ago. Seeing as we don't employ proper System Architects or any form of code control we feel it best that we retain the Beta status until we retire the game - expect this to be when we have finished training the new Anno Dev Team on the TSO Beta systems.
    There we go ^^ certainly seems more appropriate than the current position of no real details of any substance or value being provided. Maybe you should just copy and paste the above for the next Dev Diary instalment.
    +1 so true, player interaction with pvp vapourised, seems to be a game made to harvest money from new players and neglect the longer term players

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    What about us who lost guild quest? Will that bug be fixed?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I wonder why BB hasn't fired half the developers of this game and gets some quality programmers in house. All I see is too little too late released updates with a number of bugs that are all detected during open testing. So you release an update with bugs probably detected in the closed testing enviroment, then on the test server they are detected as well and you still haven't fixed them months after the release of the update.
    It's laughable when you say this in your last serious dev update.
    "Please keep in mind that the dates are estimations and may differ. The features have to fit our needs in terms of quality and technical aspects and they have to pass several test phases"

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm still 34... In real life 36... Do not call up on 50+ ... And, yeah, "Driller7", did you find that new game, better than TSO! No? Me too!

Reply to Thread