Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newfoundland Price List

World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Newfoundland Price List

Hey Settlers,

I have decided to share my Newfoundland Price List with the TSO - Newfoundland community. I have had a Northisle Price List for some time and wanted to give the same benefit to the Newfoundland players, as well. My price data needs to be accurate because the prices are linked to all of the Value Calculations on my site.
    (ie. Explorer Search Net Value per Hour, Net Value per Hour of workyards, etc.)

I will be making changes to the Price List often in order to keep it up to date. If you find that one of my prices is way off base, let me know. I will update the price after checking its validity.

I will also be taking requests for adding game items or res to the list.

You can see the list here ... http://tso.majordesigns.ca/EU1/price_list.html

Let me know what you guys and gals think. =]

Happy Settling!

~Just_n
    Last edited by Just_n; 03.08.13 at 10:37.
    *Price Lists, Value Calculations, Adventure Guides, Helpful Links*

Join us on Forum Groups, Facebook and Google+

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Many people on here cannot do basic reading or writing... You are really asking something for them to do maths. You shouldnt have a price list in 10k amounts it should be either single units or 1k

Just out of curiosity why does the iron ore 2k refill say 250gc? according to your price list the most expensive price for iron ore you could buy 5000 iron ore for 245gc so why would you pay more for a refill which would give you less?

and before some smart person says a triple buff would give you 6k iron ore... true but that triple buff would cost you at least 100gc

250gc for 2k iron refill plus 100gc for triple buff plus many hours of wasted time costs you 350gc and gives you 6k iron ore

or buy 5k iron ore straight up for 245gc... its a no brainer really
    Last edited by PChamps; 01.05.13 at 20:52.

World
    Northisle
    Well, thank you for the feedback.

Here are a few tips to help you use the Price List:

If you need to buy or sell 1k of resources, simply drop 1 digit from the end of the 10k price.

I have not been able to explain the philosophy behind the prices players pay to buy refills or any game items for that matter. All I can do is obverse and research the average price that all players buy and sell at every day. My data is completely objective and serves no purpose other than maintaining accuracy.

I'd like to thank all the players than continue to visit my site daily. Your visits keep me inspired to continue my work.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Awesome price list Just_n, I refer to them regularly. One thing I would like to see (but no idea how you would do it) is to factor in the number of licenses required to produce something. Like for instance, Marble Masons only have the one license to produce whereas Crossbows cost many (not sure how many). In my opinion that makes Marble Masons even more valuable, and Crossbowsmiths even more worthless.

But as I said, hard to factor it in.

Anyway, keep it up. Much appreciated

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello,

Thank you for this. It looks rather nice & clean, and has a more complete list of information. Plus the additional tabs are quite interesting as well.

I do have some (hopefully constructive) critisims:

1) If you can have an editable cell which indicates the unit size of items (1, 100, 1000, 10000, or even 236), so all prices can be updated to reflect that quantity of an item.
    2) The horizontal scroll at the menu is very slow (and will become painful when trying to find an adventure at the end). Can we have an index page to quickly jump to a target sheet?
    3) Since it is, technically, a database, can we select which 'day' we want to look at, so we can see how prices were one week ago, one month ago, etc. Thus get a better understanding of price changes over time.
    4) I can not see where it is specified how you got the values. This is pretty important from a credibility point of view. Not YOUR personal credibility, but the credibility and assurance of accuracy in the prices themselves. Are prices taken from the trade channel (where they may be closer to fair), or from the TO (where there is a huge margin between buy/sell prices, and the aggressive prices sell quickly). Also what is the sample set for each item (lots of granite sell, so you can get 20/30 prices per day to base the average on. But very few witch towers sell per day/week, so hard to get a realistic price. Sample sizes would help understand the stability of the price.
    5) The buy/sell columns: Is the price that they buy or sell FOR, or the price the buy/sell is advertised for? (The two are obviously very different).

Thank you kindly, and your work is well appreciated (at least by me :P)

World
    Northisle
    Hmmm ... where to begin ... Let me answer each question or statement as simply as i can. Some things can get complicated when we break them open and I simply dont have the time.

1) I can't see a way to do this in the near future
    2) No
    3) All data is current (not a database, yet ... maybe in the future)
    4) I research all prices in 3 ways ... #1 Through results of my own Trade Offers (7 or 8 per day) ... #2 Through observing all prices in the Trade Office ... #3 Through advertised prices in the Trade Tab (if this isn't enough detail, you'll have to just trust me)
    5) The Buy price is the average lowest amount of Coin that you can easily purchase 10k of that resource for, if you place the offer in TO. The Sell price is the average highest amount of Coin that you can easily sell 10k of that resource for, if you place the offer in TO.

I'll also add that my Price List is not perfect, none will ever be. I aim only to be as accurate as I can. I try to find the average of the averages for each price, the outliers do not concern me.

I hope this helped.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just_N, as I previously said you really need to rethink the 10k thing, no price list I use anywhere shows amounts in 10k. As suggested a box which allows you to choose an amount would make your list great. Like Totomok said a box which you can enter the amount (1, 10, 100, 1000, or custom i.e. 34254) very easy to do with a simple calculation formula as you would use in say excel.

World
    Northisle
    I appreciate the feedback. I'll see if I can make something work.

*adds it to his ever increasing to do list*

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    how do you actually buy anything from list please

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lesboy View Post
    how do you actually buy anything from list please