Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary part 2: Science System

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Building licences are going to be a real issue with this. It's not just the 7 new buildings, because those buildings require raw materials and in order to create those extra resources and re-balance the island economy, players will need more woodcutters and so on. If BB haven't thought this through and don't have a plan to provide players with more space and more licences (which they may do, we don't know yet), then there are going to be a lot of frustrated players having big problems sorting out their islands and economies. What we need is some sort of information from BB to reassure that there is a plan for dealing with these issues.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Stuff Science! What about better adventures and, new adventures? This game is about as interesting as Farmville used to be. This game is stale. So lame.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I could be the only one, but I just want to name my guys. So much potential there.
    Copperfield, Coppernhagen, Coppernicus, Marbleous, Iron man, Old King Coal.

Gonna have to think more about these.

Edit:
    Also, having played with them a little on the test server, I'm not sure there's going to be building space issues. The bookbinder is slow, even a level 5, is going to take 12 hours to make a book.
    A level 5 simple papermill entirely unbuffed will make around 1k paper per day. The bookbinder only wants up to 200 (assuming twice a day usage).
    A level 5 nib producer entirely unbuffed will make around 500 per day. The binder wants up to 100 (assuming twice a day).
    The others aren't a lot different, people are going to produce far more than they can use, and they aren't going to be expensive to buy. Have a bookbinder, buy the mats. If your island is full and perfect, this should work out fine.
    Last edited by Thrade; 11.05.13 at 09:28.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Simple solution for building licences problem that is comming with new buildings:
    make mines not use building licences and voila, problem solved.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrade View Post
    I could be the only one, but I just want to name my guys. So much potential there.
    Copperfield, Coppernhagen, Coppernicus, Marbleous, Iron man, Old King Coal.

Gonna have to think more about these.

Edit:
    Also, having played with them a little on the test server, I'm not sure there's going to be building space issues. The bookbinder is slow, even a level 5, is going to take 12 hours to make a book.
    A level 5 simple papermill entirely unbuffed will make around 1k paper per day. The bookbinder only wants up to 200 (assuming twice a day usage).
    A level 5 nib producer entirely unbuffed will make around 500 per day. The binder wants up to 100 (assuming twice a day).
    The others aren't a lot different, people are going to produce far more than they can use, and they aren't going to be expensive to buy. Have a bookbinder, buy the mats. If your island is full and perfect, this should work out fine.
    I disagree. I have perfected my island's production so i produce just enough of everything so i am still positive in all resources and produce a large enough final product to sell for profit. These new buildings would require me to demolish an entire production line, and considering the vast amount of resources spent on upgrading it all, i don't see much in long term gains to make it worth while doing. The destruction of a single building on my island will require me to replan everything.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    It's simply an issue of you being clueless about the terminology. In EVERY level based MMO, activitities at top levels are called "end game contents".

It doesn't mean "game over".
    Thanks for so politely correctly me seems youre as clueless about manners as I am about the 'geekier' depths of game jargon.................

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Once again BB were asked to do something. They announce they're doing it and everyone moans. BB WERE asked by a lot of players to implement this, along with a lot of other things as well. They can't introduce everything they've been asked for at the same time. The fact that they have listened at all is something to be pleased about. YES! there are other things we'd all like to make the game better - but if they've listened to this suggestion, I'm sure they'll work on the other ones too.

Level 50's - Why wont this work for you? why is it nothing to do with you?? If you're so skilled at the game that you've reached that level, then here's a challenge for you yo reorganise your economy to implement these buildings. The fact that you dont want to is your decision. This may not be everything you want but there is nothing to stop you from challenging yourself to get these buildings in - challenge is after all what the game is supposed to be about.

If we all complain loud enough then I'm sure BB will just stop listening. I know the rest of us would. Let's all have some thanks that they are at least reading suggestions on this forum - not like a lot of other games I'm sure we all know of.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    hi Cully

I don't complain, i just ask some question's.

And I wood love to get those building's but still need space to place them.*

Donda

* & dno if they actually read this forum, think there are to many servers for them to read all we player's say.
    [ you don't need any skill to get to lvl50, just time]
    Last edited by DonDa; 11.05.13 at 11:44.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by apw2 View Post
    I disagree. I have perfected my island's production so i produce just enough of everything so i am still positive in all resources and produce a large enough final product to sell for profit. These new buildings would require me to demolish an entire production line, and considering the vast amount of resources spent on upgrading it all, i don't see much in long term gains to make it worth while doing. The destruction of a single building on my island will require me to replan everything.
    Replan everything?
    The bookbinder doesn't get any benefits from being near a storehouse, so, rip down a single noble and you're done.

You can't really expect that they *aren't* going to add new buildings to the game, it's best you plan for the possibility. I'm sure there will be new things with the holidays as they come around too.

World
    Northisle
    +1

Reply to Thread