Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary part 2: Science System

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Like most major game updates; they are not what people are use to and are not planned for by players. This means people will always complain and dispute the purpose of it. However I guarantee within 2 weeks of implementation it will seem like it's always been there.

I remember people complaining when the new trade office was introduced, yet it is far better now

I welcome the new content

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    looks interesting, I just hope the amount of buildings needed isn't too crazy, I almost have a full island and if previous upgrades are anything to go by then you will need 2 of a lower production building per higher one, something like:

4x Simple Papermill
    2x Finesmith

4x Intermediate Papermill
    2x Lettersmith

4x Advanced Papermill
    2x Ornamentalsmith

1x Bookbinder

= 19 buildings

19 extra spaces is a lot to find and keep organised (ie not just scattered anywhere like my wells usually are) if it does come to that.

The upgrades for geologists could be a expanded a bit more, along with some adjustments. For example, I tend to send out the same number of geologists that I need to find depleted mines, the bonus to find two deposits would be a complete waste of time for me, something which halved the time taken to search would be better.

This system could be used to add in the unused features which got removed before, ie searching for granite/exotic wood if you spend enough on research to open these options up.
    My worries are similar to yours.

Without at least 20 (bare minimum) more licences made available to us, and more space to build on, this isn't worth the effort, not at all. As someone else said, us who are at high levels have already perfected our production chains - I don't see how I could even consider starting to tear down up to 20 buildings to add production chains that will only buff my workers with stuff they can live just fine without.

Messing with the military units worries me even more. If they are going to make it possible to buff them, it's likely that changes are coming to the adventures too, ie random amount in camps and such. If that happens, then I'm gone.

It's good that BB is adding things to the game, but these additions are not good, imo. At least as long as we're not given the opportunity to utilize them properly (licences + space).

My overall impression: Meh...

Btw, what on earth happened to the increased lvl cap they promised? Not this year, obviously.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    The 'science research' is merely a clone of the research strand in Forge of Empires.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I refuse to prejudge these improvements and will see how it looks once it's up and running.
    I am not in such a hurry for pvp.
    But then I'm only a L49 ! and playing the game slowly now.
    I will be looking to free-up licenses by upgrading the nobles so making it possible to build the new buildings.
    And I don't mind if the new stuff is nicked from elsewhere, it'll be new to me at least
    mmm mmmm
    Last edited by pipl; 09.05.13 at 19:21.

World
    Newfoundland

How do you produce paper?

So what raw material is required to produce the paper? It just can't be produced out of the blue right? I am guessing it will need pinewood/hardwood/exotics to produce paper like in Settlers 7 (thought we might also get a cathedral etc for science system)

Can Dantesama confirm this, so that by June I can upgrade my woodcutters to compliment the increased wood consumption? Cheers!

Looking forward to the updates. Thanks much

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down

So as we all thought:
    Nothing about level +50 levels, and PVP, thanx to make a fool of us, you did a good job.

THANX BB, very good job.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    You seem to be moving further and further away from combat? I can,t say that I,m overly impressed, but I hope that you have been a bit more realistic with the pricing.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    I read so many people complaining that they cannot fit the new buildings on their islands...

You only need build one building, the Bookbinder - this can produce the Manuscripts, Tomes and Codices required for every level of skill point. All other materials will be possible to trade for. If you cannot (or will not) find licences or space for the other buildings, just trade for the materials instead.

I rather like this idea BB, well done. Let's just hope the implementation does not take too long.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    love the tech tree idea but how about a building that resupplies our fish like the meat and wheat and water its been overlooked for to long i would imagine so come on dev teams Make that a priority soon please, one other thing is there anyway that the new science tree can also impact our generals so they learn new skills or have the ability to promote our generals to battle hardened and vet that would be nice, and yes new adventures for players that are lvl 50 etc would offer more game play and less grumblings for the community at large

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    OK.. just took the time to read all the posts.. now my head is spinning.

I can see that the dev-team will have to seriously look into the level 50+ problem pretty soon. This seems to be a issue for the comunity at large. Even for us smaller players loosing the bigger guys will impact the quality of guilds and trade. So even for the sake of the newer plauyers please add new life after 50..

Now as for the new buildings.
    I think they look great!! nice work on the grafix. I also think that this wil add new life and excitement into the game.

the issue of licence limit will also have to be looked at. Not that hard to increase the limit and still remain with-in safe browser and java capabilities. besides more licences means more income for BB. more building space also means more income for BB.

so far i am impressed and looking forward to the new buildings.

my overall opinion is positive. nice work

Reply to Thread