Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Last blocks on Traitors

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I had trouble with the last Traitors block with normal general (1R) and vet.

I had to have three goes before I managed to get the vet to the White Castle without getting intercepted. Either he was too early or too late. Very frustrating. It was a rather "laggy" day. The generals did lots of moonwalking, skipping, jumping, and teleporting.

World
    Newfoundland

Adv Traitor - Block C9 position Garrison B - changed ?!

Dear Settlers
    The above mentioned space/spot [ garrison position to block C9 ] and indicated in the division/part "spoiler" sub Garr 03 - using cannoneers - is not available [ light green flash color sub transfer ] - so I tested the nearest availabe spot on the line/trajectory towards C09 and that does not damage the quality of the final attack upon leader L11 - maybe the spoiler in the genuine guide [ sub forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/16332?p=192371&viewfull=1#post192371 ] can add a little line of/to comfort each and all. Thank you for all tremendous efforts to make any element of TSO open to each and every settler !!

Gamla
    Happy ? Sure I am. Enjoyable and relaxed. ==> Visit Guild FB41

World
    Sandycove
    there are a number of "no longer available spots" ive noticed. In particular other guides for SE and also Invasion of the Nords.

Whilst this is annoying, I think its good because I have had to use my own initiative to get around the problem..

However, if this continues to be a problem on the many guides that players follow, I can see this thread growing with unhappy people.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Yes, it is a different although related subject.
    But it still remains that the GR even if sent several minutes after the Vet will still arrive up to 2 minutes earlier which is bizarre.
    Is this to do with the locaation of the generals on your island?
    Each General has to walk to a storehouse or your base camp (Mayors House) before it can leave your island. So if you have 1 general close to a storehouse (but sent 2nd) and another general far away (but sent 1st) then the general you send 2nd will leave your island earlier and get to the adventure earlier.

World
    Sandycove
    I follow this guide for Traitors, and I haven't had any problems with the blocks (other guides I've looked at have the same positioning for the last camps as far as I know)

http://www.settlersonlinewiki.eu/adv...lite-soldiers/

This is the first I've heard about generals walking at different speeds - I've never noticed that and also have never specifically timed them while walking - I rely on 3 seconds per marker when looking at the combat preview. I sure hope this was a bug that has come and gone.

I run a timer program during all blocks to track how long the battle has lasted in the blocking camp. On those times I've lost I've checked the battle calculator and sure enough in all cases the low-end possible battle time is below the time my block ran... sometimes the numbers are marginal and you come in just below the range. So far I have corrected for this by re-adjusting the soldiers, or normally by sending in a slightly different order (sending the general that doesn't always have enough time last for example) just to trim a second or two off the necessary time. Outlaws gave me such a problem on the last fight and changing the send order has taken care of it, never lost it since then.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread