Reply to Thread

Thread: Adventure Competions

SidV

Adventure Competitions

Hi there i wana try something new here on Northisle

Many Players are a bit boring over lvl45 ... only stupid adventure making and so on... so i had the idea of making "adventure competitions".

How To?:
    1) 2 (or 3 Player) choose 1 adventure, the number of identical generals (4 or more would be good and i would suggest to use only normal generals)
    2) The player define a time when they wana play to each other and one of them start the adventure. All player send then their g-mans on the adventure. First come... first get the best startposition.
    3) After all arrived on the map, the chellange could start. Every Player tries now to get as much XP as he could with his troups.
    4) Winner is the one, who has the most XP

Mainrules:
    BTW: The rules are of course only a suggestion, feel free to make your own rules in private challanges or start own tournaments on your server.

R1) No send back, you have only the generals and troops what you brought in the adventure.
    R2) Game starts after all players are ready to go and on the map.
    R3) Disconnections, laggs and other technical problems during the game, could happend and its the risk of each player. Game would go on in this case for all other and its bad luck.
    R4) Game ends after the adventure is cleard or all members had no possibility more to attack a camp (in this case the adventure leader has to cancle the adventure after asking the other players) ... (btw it could also be good to set an ending time maybe, depends on the players)
    R5) Winner is the one with the most XP ... Screenshot is MUST ( Very easy uploadpossibility here: http://tinypic.com/ and for free)

An example for a private dark priest 2 player challange:
    Generals: 4 (normal)
    Startingtime: Wednesday, 13.03. (20:00)
    Startingfee: 500 coins each Player and a Dark Priest
    Winner ist the one with the most XP (Winner gets then 2x 500 coins + 2 Dark Priests)

Okay then ... lets see how it will work!
    SidV

BTW: I need some Players who wana try this on Northisle with me (BETA TESTER *hrhr*) ... feel free to send me an ingame mail. Any ideas or suggestions are of course welcome too.
    BTW2: I would suggest to use global-6 ( /joinchat global-6 ) as chatroom during the challange and to find other competitors.

Webtool list:
    Countdown Tool
    Pictureupload

List of Testchallenges:

SidV vs Mimori (Victor)

SidV vs dhammy (Priest)
    Last edited by SidV; 27.05.13 at 22:02. Reason: Webtool list inserted

SidV
    Hi there,
    got some great Feedback atm and will try tomorrow with some others the first challanges and will post here the results

We will use the (until now) worthless SOTV for the Testchallange and i hope for a great & funny gameplay.

See Yu,
    SidV

SidV

Exclamation First Challange SidV vs Mimori

Ooookay guys & gurls!

Mimori & Me are trying atm the first challange we have choosen a Victor.

SidV vs Mimori
    Adventure: Victor
    Generals: 4 (normal) each player
    Startingtime: Sonday, 19.05. (now *hrhr*)
    Startingfee: because its a testchallange... we decided no "buy-in" atm and no coins price, but of course the honor to be the first winner *hrhr*
    Winner ist the one with the most XP & we use the mainrules from HERE
    More Infos here after the challange see yu

BTW: Challange is over, was funny and Mimori WINS ... need now a break and will write later here some infos about the challange

Upgrade - Infos after the first challange

- Mimori & me, met us in the chat and we choose the adventure Victor + 4 NORMAL generals for the test challange.
    - after them we started both to choose troops and of course nobody knows at this time the troops of the other.
    I used for my 4 generals 2x200R 1x100M 1x100S = 800 troops
    I thought i dont have enough time maybe for 2 waves and so i decided use no C/LB/A
    Mimoiri used a much bigger mix: 140R 250S 150M 100B 40LB 120C = also 800 troops
    - after we finished the troop choice and transfered them to the 4 generals, i started the adventure and invited Mimori
    - Mimori gives me then the okay to be ready for transfer to the adventure, and we started both at the same time to send them to the adventure. Thats important, because we arrive then nearly at the same time and so we could see that the other use also only normal generals (and not a vet or battle hardend)
    - after 30 mins all general arrives and we started to find our starting positions. Mimori choose (wisley) 2 different possitions with 2 generals on them. I thought all 4 on one landingzone is better.

- Now we were both ready ... and i typed a short chatcounter (3... 2... 1... GO!) and we started then both to get as much XP as we could.
    - after a short while, i could not make any more moves and told them Mimori. He had now time to use his troops and after i got the info from Mimori he's finish too, i cancle the adventure.
    - now we got both the adventure mail ... its IMPORTANTAND to make a screenie of them and it was not a big surprise for me to lose against one of the best players on Northisle ))

Mimori wins with awesome 6781XP i had only 4442XP
    Here the two screenshots:

What we learnd in this testchallange:
    Victor has a bit too hard camps for a challange with only 2 players. Its better to use them for 3 Player challanges and with 5 or more generals. Its also very expensive )) (you will lose maybe all troops and get no loot of course) so the "buy-in" or price must be really big to get worth to play a challange there.

Sooo thats it for now. Finally it was funny and the next challange will start next weekend. We will use then a PRIEST and also 4 generals and next time with an "PRICE" too ... so then see you!

BTW If somebody want to join us write me please ingame a message! Would be great if somebody else wana try this too.
    Webgreetings
    SidV
    Last edited by SidV; 29.05.13 at 13:44.

SidV

Cool Second Challange SidV vs dahmmy (Priest)

Soooo tonight i try the next adventure map with dahmmy

SidV vs dahmmy
    Adventure: The Dark Priests
    Generals: 1 (veteran) + 4 (normal) each player
    Startingtime: canceled today tbd a new date
    Startingfee: because its a testchallange... we decided no "buy-in" atm and no coins price, but of course the honor to be a winner *hrhr*
    Winner ist the one with the most XP & we use the mainrules from HERE
    I hope it'll be as grea & funny as i think. Screens & more infos after the event.

Webgreetings,
    SidV
    Last edited by SidV; 28.05.13 at 02:52. Reason: inserted counter + avatar

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Looks like a lot of fun, and Mimori's troop choice was a stroke of genius.
    The inclusion of the bowmen and LBs gave him fairly cheap units that can pack an extra punch behind the recruits and militia, before becoming 'cannon fodder' themselves as one progresses.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

SidV
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun, and Mimori's troop choice was a stroke of genius.
    The inclusion of the bowmen and LBs gave him fairly cheap units that can pack an extra punch behind the recruits and militia, before becoming 'cannon fodder' themselves as one progresses.
    Mhhh my fault was, i thought first its better to take as much "normal" troops there as i could and will get so more XP BUT ... i for hard camps its defenitly the wrong strategie *haha* ... but i'm looking forward to tonight... to the priest test challange with dhammy ... on the small map with together 2x 1050 = 2100 Troops ... would be maybe more action. We will see...
    Last edited by SidV; 27.05.13 at 17:55.

Reply to Thread