View Poll Results: Will you do the new crisis quest "The Fallen Army"?

Voters
824. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

406 49.27%
  • No

418 50.73%
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Crisis Quest - The Fallen Army

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    No chance I'm doing it. This is quite disappointing.

Don't forget you also get rewards for each sub quest!
    Quest payments are worth more than rewards. Quest designers just failed with rewards. Normal generals are kind a useless.
    Last edited by pcigre; 21.05.13 at 16:51.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    they not normal generals though, even worse medipacks which are even more useless

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    What a complete let down! I was really looking forward to this - now I'm not gonna bother.

Do BB Devs actually play this game? do they understand how people work the trade system?

I suggest they stop fixing what isn't broken and actually try playing the live game - interacting with real players. Stop trying to get us to play 'their way' and instead start understand how the community does it. Then they'll see what players really want and they'll understand which voices to listen too (hint: it's the seasoned players who have shown loyalty to the game, not [removed])

Jim_B

Please do not insult members of the community.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 21.05.13 at 18:05.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    noob is not an insult

And my point, was that BB do not seem to listen to high level players. I and many other high lv players I know enjoyed the refreshing change of the last Crisis quest. New challenges, different adventures and a good balance of rewards against losses.

Then lots of lower level players complained it was far too hard. So we get this. The balance is all wrong here and once again in favour of beginner players not the loyal level 50s desperate for some variety.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 21.05.13 at 18:24.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Ill be trying to do it, I don't really mind these quests other than some of the silly requirements, these wouldn't be possible to do in 2 weeks for most people if the guides were not provided a few weeks in advance, which makes them a bit daft.

What do the medic generals do? Is it a buff which makes a defeated general available to use?

World
    Sandycove
    this quest does seem to be a let down I can understand peoples frustrations here. BB have said they will look at it all, but they really dont seem to have listened properly.

We dont want it too easy, but we dont want it too hard either. The stuff listed is a kind of insult to the goods paid to receive The end rewards are too poor comapred to the last one. So all I will say is mix the bag up with what you have here with what you had last time and some better rewards please?

Im sure we were all maybe expecting at least a couple of floating houses or something as a reward, not 4 x medipacks that are pretty uselss in the norm for level 50s (sure ill get shouted down a bit on that point)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    First of all thanks SidV for posting the information!

I'm afraid I was gutted when I read it though. Whereas the last crisis quest was expensive to complete resource wise, the tasks were a lot more enjoyable than the ones described on this thread, and at least the rewards were worth having.

If BB listened to any feedback from the last crisis quest, it must have been that a lot of people thought that it was a thinly veiled excuse for trying to remove resources from the game worlds. Unfortunately the answer seems to have been to just remove the veil completely!

I can understand BB wanting to reduce the amounts of certain resources and I don't have a problem with that BTW... it shakes things up trade wise which in my opinion is good and adds interest to the game! But the tasks and rewards here are massively disappointing to me and I certainly won't be taking part in this one if the chains and rewards described here are the ones we get.

Once again I feel the hand of BB shepherding all of us end game players to the exit door whilst rubbing their hands gleefully at the thought of more server room for new players! I can't fault them from a business perspective... I guess it's a lot easier to concentrate on revenue from new players, than looking after the existing customer base.
    Last edited by toastkid; 21.05.13 at 19:04. Reason: typo

World
    Sandycove
    well toasty has put it in better words than me, so all agreed

The thing im a bit disappointed in here is that this post came well before the official one. And this is now 21/05/2013 20:17 UK time. Would have expected official news faster than this
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 21.05.13 at 19:19.

SidV
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    well toasty has put it in better words than me, so all agreed

The thing im a bit disappointed in here is that this post came well before the official one. And this is now 21/05/2013 20:17 UK time. Would have expected official news faster than this
    Its only different maintenace days on other settler server. For example last night was on the german server the maintenace and we have here the maintenace on thuesday thats all. And i got there the info, translated it into english (or google) and posted it here ^^ so nothing magical

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    If anyone's interested, my first quest was make 100 Baskets, and give away 500 hw planks.
    That emptied half my store of fish, and took 20 hours just to make the baskets!
    Looks like the same lack of imagination as before.

Hmm, next stage will be for explorers to find e/w logs, any bets that they'll start finding granite for the first time since November?

Then later it's complete SotV or Secluded, guess where I'll be quitting? Still rebuilding from the last 'epic' adv, and that wasn't half as costly as these two, even with a full army that would be over half the time available just grinding out 1 adventure.

Clearly they did not learn from the mistakes of the last Crisis Quest.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 21.05.13 at 20:44.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread