Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Island Value Calculator

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Perhaps I'm asking a strange question, but why would I be interested in this information?
    In general don't care how much I spent, since it doesn't help me in improving my island.
    I care about my competitiveness compared to other players; perhaps something like an average resource production calculator?

So, what's the exact purpose of the calculator?

World
    Newfoundland
    Every question is a good question so here are the answers

1. IVC shows all Build/Upgrade/Destroy/Move cost of every in-game building, so you dont have to search on web for that info.

2. It can be used to show what are the needed resources a player has to posses so he can build & upgrade like 5x watermills to lvl5.
    Shows cost of building and upgrading a production chain like how much do 40x farms cost to get from lvl1-lvl5.

3. If all buildings are selected a player has on his island, IVC shows total sum of invested resources for all buildings on island.
    Best example for this usage is like when you get account reset. Then you know the exact number of resources that were spent on your island.

4. I dont tell people to use IVC because they need it. Its free to use and its a handy tool. At least I think so

For now I am the only one who is doing all the scripting to put all parts together. I understand why you ask to use it if you dont have things that are your interest, but in this time I need to build a strong base so I can do better things later. Yea having IVC calculate all production on island, or compare new production chains with old, see what are differences, make produced resources be calculated to gold coins based on TO price you give for what you sell them, what is profit and how much you get, is all possible but lot of work. In basic I want to build IVC to be like a big database for everything a player needs to know. For me its always easier to add one new part to IVC instead to make it all work and all have what a TSO player needs. With these parts v1.0, v1.1, vX.X I try to get feedback from people so they tell me what are bugs, what are better solutions, so I get that part done and dont need to come back. I try to write all ideas on main thread so they are placed for development. Hope I could give some answers to your question "MrBranch" Cheers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IVC (v1.2)
    Here are some planed things placed for development of v1.2. List may change with time.

First part will be second input window modifications:
    -Move info got now window look.
    -Add upgrade times for every building.
    -Add production time for selected building.
    -Add input/output resources & their consumption/production numbers for every level (1-5) individually.
    -Add sum of input/output for selected number of buildings like 5x Mills lvl5 have sum of x & y consumption/production.
    -Add time switching for resources production [default,1hr,6hr,9hr,12hr,18hr,24hr]. (Will be a bit hard so may not be implemented yet)

Second part will be main interface:
    -Add "Tab"switching.
    -Add lot of get items. (Gens,geologist,explorers...).
    -Add tabs for buildings,generals,population,storage...(This part is still in thinking how to do it so may not be done in v1.2)

I made me a nice work list here so I will be busy for some time until v1.2 is done and ready for usage Cheers
    Last edited by Ekonomista; 18.06.13 at 09:46.
    Don`t think too much. You`ll create a problem that wasn`t even there in the first place.

Reply to Thread