Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The Fallen Army info

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    Did anyone even consider how players at the "end game" (ugggh) stage play. I have 11 generals - why on earth would I be motivated by medipacks?
    Its the same here, on lvl49 and no need to use medipacks. And to many high lvl resources to spend on 250gems

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just not going to learn are BB might be the final straw that pushes me away from the game, or is this the plan ?

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I find it insulting for higher lvl players... 3 extra medipacks is not something we need, considering we have to pay salt, exo logs, etc in crazy amounts. No, am not gonna bother with this quest because it's a waste of my hard earned resources and i can't see a challenge in just throwing them away for NOTHING.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Once again,Devs can't read...sooooooo SAD!!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    SHAME ON YOU BlueByte.This poor,idealess quest chain has been created in about 1 month? there is really something wrong with the developers. I thought you are lwarning from the Four Winds..but as i can see, its even worse.
    I really dont know why it is worth to get 3 medipacks and 250 gems for so much resource and effort in 2 weeks.
    i say now....FORGET to thinking about so poor quest chains and concentrate yourseƩf of the players with lvl ...(and if that would be pissoble: above.)

ps: warm greetings to the "brain of this quest chain".....

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Feedback

Step by step recounting of completing the quest so BB can see how an average player copes with it. I'll update this on a day to day basis

Level 45, not a gem buyer, daily player.

Day 1, 10:00am
    Currently doing Quest 1: produce 100 baskets, pay 5000 hardwood planks.
    Provision house is at level 3 (never needed it to be higher). 100 baskets is 16 hour production time. Will finish at 2am, so quest chain will be continued tomorrow.

Day 2, 10:00am
    Baskets finished, planks paid. Quest 1 finished.
    Onto quest 2: Find 20 ex logs on long search, sell 10K resources
    Three fast explorers sent out for the first part. 10K fish sent to guild mate and then traded back again. I'll never understand BB's obsession with these trading quests. They're just annoying if you're not in a guild and silly if you are.

Day 3, 00:15am
    Explorers returned, ex wood logs found. Quest 2 finished.
    Onto quest 3: Produce 350 sausages, buff a friend with 100 baskets

100 baskets! Seriously? With the buff lag that's endemic in the game, that's just a really REALLY annoying thing to have to do. No challenge, just click wait click wait click wait click wait click wait click wait. Do I make my point? It's a stupid quest! It also doesn't help that someone buffed me while I was offline and I have loads of emails telling me about it. Delete delete delete delete delete etc... Are you deliberately trying to annoy your players with this quest. It's ridiculous!

Anway, favour returned to the guild mate who buffed me (10 minutes of nothing but clicking... sigh). Sausages will be finished later this morning!

Day 3, 10:00am
    Sausages produced. Quest 3 completed.
    Onto Quest 4: Complete 2 exp adventures, buy 10K resources
    Have started a DP and sent my troops there. Back later to finish it. This quest has revealed a problem with some recent updates: do Tropical Sun and The Lost Skull fit into any category? What type of adventure are they?

As for the silliness of a quest requiring you to buy resources: see above...

Day 4, 01:50am
    DP almost finished. Waiting for chance to swap a lootspot.

Day 4, 10am
    First DP lootspot given away to guildmate. Currently waiting on that.

Help channel keeps on getting people on it saying "why didn't half of my buffs count for the quest?" Get this bug sorted BB! People have been complaining about it for a year, yet you still give people ridiculous quests with 100s of buffs which randomly don't work.

Day 4, 1.20pm
    Two experience adventures done. 10K resources sold then bought back (so silly!). Quest 4 done.

Onto quest 5 - produce 100 steel swords, receive 150 buffs

Steel swords will take 12 hours. 150 buffs - easy, but sigh at the inanity of it...

Day 5, 00:50am
    Steel swords completed, Quest 5 done.

Onto quest 6 - own 200 cavalry, pay 8000 marble
    Completed immediately

Onto Quest 7 - complete SotV, own 1000 horses
    At this stage of the game, owning fewer than 1000 horses seems unlikely to ever happen. Why is this even a quest? Anyway. SotV started, will probably finish tomorrow or Tuesday. Maybe I'll make some bonus gold with the price the lootspots are selling at at the moment...

Day 6, 8:10pm
    Still doing SotV

Day 7, 11:50am
    SotV finished, lootspot sold, and still have a 1000 horses, so quest completed

Onto Quest 8 - produce 230 settlers, have a 1000 unit army

No problems here at all. It will just take 2 days to produce the settlers.
    This is a really mercenary quest. The only reason for its existence is for you to sell love potions. Shame on you BB for being so unsubtle.

Day 8, 11:55am
    Half way there. 115/230 settlers produced

Day 9, 11:50am
    230 settlers produced, quest 8 done.

Onto quest 9 - produce 200 iron, own 8 adventures.
    Will just take a few hours to produce the iron.
    Last edited by Gerontius; 31.05.13 at 10:49.

I980808
    If the resources spent to finish the chain are in no relation to the gain you would be a fool the attempt the quest. I rather have the excitement of maybe not finishing it in time than this foolish attempt to rip me of the so hard earned Saltpeter and Exotic wood and Steel.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    CRISIS QUEST CHAIN: May 23 - June 6
    Dramatic events are unfolding. A new Crisis quest chain has been started. Consult your quest book to find out more, and hurry up: the event only lasts a limited amount of time!

First Quest requires me to pay 5000 Salt Peter... Ehhh I dont have 5000 Salt Peter. No way i am paying over inflated prices on market so wont be doing quest chain.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Had the reward been better I would have done this one. To pay 4000 granite to build a damasword just to make 50 swords is a waste. That 4000 granite alone is worth more than all the rewards and end rewards combined.

I understand people who already have this building may be more tempted.

As Duncan says... Im out

I would like to thank you though BlueByte as I will be able to sell the close to 100k saltpeter I have now for a nice price.

Hopefully a official post will appear soon and say "big apologises from the dev team we left out a 0 on the gem reward and it is actually 2500 gems you will get"

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi...HOw are people to log on test server when I doesn't acknowledge existing player...Do I need to create a dummy account to test science server?

Reply to Thread