Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lots of bugs

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, the new quests have again proved that they can contribute to the lag, as you will see tomorrow morning.
    We all know what a nightmare Flash is anyway, and various other elements also contribute (loads of buffs for instance).
    database corruption too, especially when an exploit like the Parrot one is hugely abused, it actually took down 1 server and forced a roll-back.

Funnily enough, problems on my german server over a year ago caused the chat-server to malfunction and even the mail was flaky, yet the gameplay was remarkably good, which makes me wonder if they too contribute.

But, the number one factor is still the servers themselves.
    One of the reasons I loved playing the French server so much was the speed. lag was almost non-existent, and it even outperformed the much better specced German servers, which in turn were faster than ours here. Considering their geographical locations and my distance from them, this was a real eye-opener, my closest ones were the slowest, the mid-range was the fastest and the furthest wasn't too shabby either.
    Then came a major change, whilst the german performance remained about the same, the other two collapsed drastically and now the closer the server, the worse the performance.
    This makes no sense, unless there have been hardware and/or location changes (including changes of telephonic network).
    No wonder these 3 seem unable to shake the 'beta' tag.

Oh, and even 'background' tasks don't seem to tie in with game performance, whilst sometimes a Windoze update will appear to slow things down, another time downloading and installing an 8Gb game did not impact at all.
    The only thing that clearly made a difference was having the test server open, not only did it kill Flash often, but it dragged down the Live games to its snail pace, whereas having French, German and UK servers open simultaneously does not.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 12.06.13 at 20:52.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    the new quests have again proved that they can contribute to the lag
    Myself I hardly noticed a difference during the crisis quest. But, to me it's fully normal that there are more lags if there is more database interaction when database locking is occurring.

It's difficult to say something about a German server; I wasn't playing the game at that time. I can't imagine that there are no European servers, since every database administrator knows what happens if you have to send traffic to the other side of a ocean.
    From what I'm seeing, there's not much of a replication going on (otherwise it would be possible to invite friends from other servers I would say), so that is most likely not explaining the delay. I've been reading stories from people losing their account, since they couldn't be restored. Seems to me that the creation of online backups is neither an explanation therefore.

Virus scans and windows updates are usually recognized by periods of bad performance for several hours in a row. I never had such; it's always specific actions which are slow. Just open your general for example and press OK. My knowledge of Flash is not so good, but I can't imagine that a relatively easy screen like the general one is a problem.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    i think my problems are a combination of several things.
    First of all i think the sandycove server is more loaded then the other servers, that might explain i have no problems at all with the testserver.
    I use a prehistorical computer and the one at work is as well. Still, it's an online game and i have played several online games without issues
    Flash is stupid, search the web and you will find a dozen issues concerning flash. But after reading a lot, i also think this game has issues that can't possibly be all related to flash
    The whole geologist restart is most likely causing most of my problems. There's a time loop, same as the jumping generals, they fixed that and i bet they can fix this.
    The lag started with the november updates, after that everything went downhill

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Spot on there inyi, the November 'downgrade' was the tipping point.

Mr Branch, the Crisis Quest itself is not a particularly good example, what I have noticed though is since the new quest lines were brought in from the tutorial onwards, the more of these that are unfulfilled, the more likelihood there will be lag.
    This may go some way to explaining why those at level 48-50 who have basically finished all the quest lines seem to be experiencing less lag than those of us further behind.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Ive contact support: no answer. Devs doesnt talk about it. We didnt recieve a guild quest from a week. Only when send mail to support it popups near 3-4 hrs after that, today didnt! How and who can help us(Angel Doves) also non stop chat server refresh or doesnt work!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Weisforce View Post
    Ive contact support: no answer. Devs doesnt talk about it. We didnt recieve a guild quest from a week. Only when send mail to support it popups near 3-4 hrs after that, today didnt! How and who can help us(Angel Doves) also non stop chat server refresh or doesnt work!
    This is a known issue and the reason why Guild Quests get reset every 2 weeks. Have you tried doing a roll call to see how many active members you have in your guild?
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Reply to Thread