Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lots of bugs

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove

Lots of bugs

Don't tell me to mail support, i did and i stopped doing so when i came to the conclusion my reports would never end up at the dev team.
    Some bugs were already reported on the test server and yet they tell me to delete all my browsers and flash, re install 1 browser and flash.
    I did all and even updated everything possible without result,
    When i mailed back, i was told i didn't try a different network and nothing was done after.
    Oh yes i tried the different network, but was fed up because i already found out the solutions given were rubbish and i had the same issues on a different network.

None of the below happens on the test server, some are mentioned to be a bug on the test server and some are mentioned on different servers.

1: Most annoying of all, i keep getting kicked out of chat, but found a solution to this ( which i don't like but prevents it from happening ) hide on an inactive island
    2: Endless and endless lag when i try to move over my island, especially after being buffed
    3: Buffs not working, as in not showing
    4: Mines not being found, while they still are depleted
    5: Assigned troops end up missing or assigned to different generals
    6: Building queue doesn't show all buildings/ fields/ wells being build
    7: Wells / fields / copper mines are not being build after being placed
    8: Login queue message while going to another players island
    9: After login mail shows no messages
    9: Explorers are not leaving after being send out to their searches ( do take the resources )
    10: Generals being intercepted while another general already went into a camp and started a fight
    11. Did i mention i am being kicked out of chat all the time while i am at my own island ?

i wonder if being on the test server counts as trying a different network for support
    since i can really enjoy playing there without the above issues.
    Unfortunately i prefer my own account on the live server, only really getting annoyed i can't play there like i should .
    I hope these bugs are being read by the dev team, since, i think, they should have been reported to them by support.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have the same experience. Contacting support leads nowhere.
    Same applies for this forum I think. I don't recognize most of the bugs you are mentioning here, but when looking at the last 50 reported bugs, I notice that there are quite some reported by several players. The forum masters seem to react only when they know the answer, but I don't see any forwarding being done to the development team. Perhaps they are already working on it, but a simple remark "we are working on it" would make things clear.

World
    Sandycove
    You should see Fexno's excellent thread on bugs and their current status:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...eported-issues

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    You should see Fexno's excellent thread on bugs and their current status:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...eported-issues
    i did read that one
    Issues Support might be able to help you with
    None at the moment

My point simply is support ignores players. Hand out several *solutions* which make no sense.
    *you didn't try a different network* Bang, case closed. Get rid of another player with some silly bug reports, lets get a coffee and move on to the next mail.
    Sure i understand they get a lot of mail, but it's not a solution to ignore.
    Others get blamed for not fixing bugs, which have been reported to support. They can't help it, support can.

Fact is, my account here has bugs i don't experience on the test server. Removing browsers, trying a different network is not a solution.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    Fexno's excellent thread
    ...is only up-to-date until end of March.
    I was talking about the last 50 reported bugs. No one is reacting on them, so no clue if and when they will be solved.

If you got stuck in a quest, it can be convenient if someone helps out.
    All we do is what we are asked to do: "game is still in beta, so please report your issues".
    But the motivation to keep doing so starts wearing off...
    Last edited by MrBranch; 23.05.13 at 18:28.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    All of the above "bugs" are the result of lag, usually caused by a poor connection.

Check that you're not using the computer to do anything else that might reduce your bandwidth. The game gets easily confused if messages from your computer to the server get interrupted.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    All of the above "bugs" are the result of lag, usually caused by a poor connection.

Check that you're not using the computer to do anything else that might reduce your bandwidth. The game gets easily confused if messages from your computer to the server get interrupted.
    then tell me why i have no lag on the test server ?
    and i have nothing else running either, because i shut everything down. Sometimes even the virus scanner just to make sure that's not causing problem.
    Can't do it at work tho

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've not seen bag lag in a while, only time I get it now is on my phone, which is to be expected

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not too quick Inyi. Might indeed be a poor connection issue. Like I wrote: I don't recognize most of the issues.
    However, Gerontius jumps way too quickly to this conclusion. There's also a locking issue slowing things down considerably from time to time. See http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...our-glass-quot. It might well be that a combination of a slower connection + a locking issue + an impatient clicking done by the player, leads to strange behavior of the game.
    And even if all is caused by a poor connection, then still that doesn't mean that that there shall be strange behavior. Bad performance is a logical result, but strange behavior?....

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    There are new bugs appearing all the time that are not on the test server. Perhaps the EU servers are under more stress more of the time or the code is different to the other servers?

Reply to Thread