Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Removing Section Barriers

World
    Newfoundland

Question Removing Section Barriers

Hi,

Was wondering if possible, could those section barriers, when you've conquered sections, could they be removed from you're map, because they criss cross through our towns and buildings, and kinda makes our towns/buildings not so nice looking, cause those barriers look like little pontoons. Just a thought, thanks.
    "Sacrifice the needs of one for the needs of many"
    Patrick

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    You perhaps don't understand the continued importance of sectors

World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe I don't but they still an eye sore criss crossing through my towns, if they give us decorations to beautify our towns, those sector barriers spoil the purpose of beautifying you're map. Yea all good having them their before conquering the new sector, but after, the barrier could at least be removed between the sector you already own and the sector you just conquered, but still leaving the sector barrier where it borders with an enemies sector. Thanks for you're reply though Gerontius.
    "Sacrifice the needs of one for the needs of many"
    Patrick

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    In a way I agree with you toristo they dont look pretty and I questioned why they are still there once a section is captured when I was new. However later on in the game when you do buffing and stuff they do help to determine sector to sector.

When you get a list like 2 hardwood s3, 6 bakers s9, 4 cokers s1 etc etc... they do help

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    there's only 9 sectors though so it's not too hard to know where they are. I agree with Gerontius. Maybe the option to 'unhighlight' them or something so we have the choice

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you think about it cully they are only sectors because they are divided with barriers. You take away the barriers and its just one big island called sector 1...

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    well. it's there because you have to have 1 store house per sector. if you take away the barriers, it makes it really hard to tell if you have 1 store house or not.

currently you can't move store house around so if you want to reposition them you have to build a second one in the sector to abandon the first.

so the sector barriers are there for a reason.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I agree with an option to turn them off
    If it would be available in the decoration menu to convert those barriers into collapsed wall with of course chance to move between or for instance wooden fence could be nice
    Anyway barriers are annoying, especially on the water

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok, there should be at least one storehouse in each sectors, but you can not do anything in a sector without them; and when try to demolish the last one in a sector, you got a message, if I'm well, not so easy to lost a sector by accident. Honestly, not too often want to looking at the boundaries, mo is they are unnecessary after the 9th storehouse...

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Would definitely like an option that meant I didn't have to see the sector barriers... after more than a year playing this game I'm pretty familiar with where the sectors are on the main island and if, for any reason, I found I needed them for a little while hey.. there'd be an option to turn them back on! :-)

Reply to Thread