Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: loot swaps/sales gone bad

World
    Newfoundland

Exclamation loot swaps/sales gone bad

today a old problem was revived, player A sold a lootspot to player B, player B didnt pay.

we are told that a screenshot is required to proove what happened in order to measures to be taken (can understand that, dont want people getting banned falsely acused). now, it gets more complicated... discussing this mather Player C say " i was scammed and my screenshot was not good enough".

i think, in order to try fix this isue, we need more info from BB about whats required from the screenshot.

a official answer would be rather nice (from BB_dantesama or BB_Ravel after cheking whit the dev team or whoever can investigate this cases).

if this topic already exists, im sorry, if this is not the right place feel free to move it, but please, i think an official answer about this issue is needed.

♥♥♥ Thank You BB_Ravel and Dantesama! ♥♥♥

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    No measures can be taken, not officially anyway

Any trade not supported wholly by the in game trade system is at user's risk. That's the offical policy.

basically, BB aren't going to get involved.

World
    Newfoundland
    how about we wait for an official answer here gerontius? :P

(Edit-PS: i will feel abit cheated if thats official answer, since we have been asked for screenshots on several ocasions such as this, if it at own risk, we should have been told so when it happened, witch wasnt the case.)
    Last edited by IMarduk; 29.05.13 at 17:29.

World
    Newfoundland
    This is taken directly from the Code of conduct

Spamming / Flooding/scamming
    The creation of spam and/or flooding posts is not permitted and may, depending on the circumstances, result in a 24-hour ban and even exclusion from the service (game/chat room/forum). Scamming is strictly againt the rules and can result in a permanent ban.
    Based upon that, BB will get involved, hopefully we will hear back a response soon regarding the required proof for the situation
    Last edited by peck_ed; 29.05.13 at 17:44.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Newfoundland
    peck_ed apreciate the feedback but err 1: u did something wrong on the code of conduct link thinguie (it irrelevant tho x)), and 2: it doesnt answer the question, what does screenshot needs, as it seems some screenshots were deemed invalid, would be good to know what exactly they need to investigate properly and act when needed.

(now hope you dont take me wrong, but as a mod cant exactly give an official answer on this, rly hoping to hear from dante or ravel (or any other BB), hope you understand, just want get this issue sorted once and for all, i for once not doing any more swaps/trades of lootspots until i can have a safeguard, for that i need to know, what does BB require on the screenshot)

World
    Newfoundland
    Whoops! Sorry fixed the post link

And the other thing is my last comment states

hopefully we will hear back a response soon regarding the required proof for the situation
    I also agree that further clarification would be nice, it does state later in the CoC that

If you suspect a particular account of cheating, please take a screenshot and send it to support along with any other useful information. Cheats should only be reported to the Support team.
    But again, clarification on required information for scams would be nice
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Official trade policy: "Any type of purchase/exchange/trade that isn't fully supported by the tools provided by blue byte is at the user's own risk. "

Based on that, they won't get involved

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Gerontius - aren't you being to simplistic. BB obviously provide multi-player adventures but don't offer the 2nd / 3rd spot through the trade system but throught the invite system. As such Invite is a supported function. BB has to expect there to be give and take in loot spots - either an adventure swap, a shared troop loss or a sale of resources to cover the spot. All of these circumstances are catered for but require an element of trust - exactly the reason they instigated the wait 24hour to trade scenario.
    This is a problem they have created and are interested in seeing it properly monitored / policed - hence previously requesting screen shots in said circumstances.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    They created the blocking system, they don't recognise or support that...

It's just too much trouble for them to bother policing it

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Just wondering how it got to the stage of someone not paying? First u advertise the lootspot, then the seller puts a trade in the market and the buyer takes it, then, and only then does the seller send the invite. If theres no payment theres no invite! U sent invite b4 payment? Surely not?

Reply to Thread