Reply to Thread

Thread: New general type/skill for lootspots

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle

New general type/skill for lootspots

Sometimes I see a nice lootspot offered in trade just when I feel I'm done with all other stuff to do. Should I decide to take the offer I'll be bound to the screen for a minimum of 20 minutes more (trade agreement + 15min transfer + lootkill). I never got the logic why the invited player must get a kill to be eligible for loot, but if that's the way BB wants to keep it, here's a suggestion how to smoothen the loot retrieval:

Make a general who can transfer to/from zones really fast, in 5 minutes for example. The down-side would be that he could not carry much troops, maybe 5-10. So he would be quite worthless in combat or in troop transfer, but he would smoothen the loot purchases and swaps between players. The special generals who transfer in 15 minutes are bearable, but free players with only normal generals struggle with the slow transfer, as do the ones who sold their spot to someone with only slow generals. The quick general should therefore be either available for in-game resources, tradeable/giftable among players, or in the merchant for such a small fee that he can be easily afforded with a few weeks' login gems.

The incentive for BHG purchases is still there as faster troop transfer is needed for smoother adventure playing. Another choice would be to add a skill like this to the upcoming science tree for generals.

Instant dispatch: Transfer to zone with less troops in 5 minutes
    1/3: Carry 1 troop
    2/3: Carry 10 troops
    3/3: Carry 100 troops

Thus the very first skill level would already grant the possibility for fast loot retrieval. Max level would make it even usable as a troop transport method.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    This is likely to get covered with a "Transfer to zone 8%/16%/24% faster" skill I suspect. Less complex, more useful

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Loot spots is something I dont believe is recoginised by BB its simply how over the years players have done things. As far as BB are concerned that invite is to invite a friend to help you with the adventure. So I dont see them making it quicker to jump in more spots, however I suggested a while back a buff to speed up transport times fell on deaf ears it seems.

Reply to Thread