Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild recruitment?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Guild recruitment?

Perhaps someone could explain in simple words why the Policy of Guild recruitment is not rigidly enforced?

As I understand it, guild recruitment is either through a posting in the guild recruitment thread in the relevant server forum or for a player to contact a guild leader through locating a guild behind the guild shield and mailing them . . . (I know it can be guild officers as well!"

However there seems to be a couple of alternative ways used by various guilds, one is whisper direct to a unfriended person and then try to get them to join, or mail them, randomly, it seems . . .

The worst method seems to revolve around chat - a new person appears and either says "I'm new" or "need guild" or something similar. The Mods and most sensible players direct said people via the second paragraph. There are, however, blatantly several guilds, who advertise in chat (certainly in Newfoundland) or who will say to the person, check whisper or mail in chat or not even bother as virtually the next post the searching person makes, they will have a new guild tag in front of the person . . .

Now, no names, no pack drill but could there please be a genuine consistent level playing field on the recruitment rules? It is great that some guilds are small, some small, some very tightly knit, others loose alliances, others groups of nationals, it means there is a home for everyone - and it would be good to encourage people to look around and find the different guilds and what they do (or don't do!)

Also it would be a better if the purpose of a guild house could be explained better as there are a lot of players who think that a guild house is needed to join a guild . . .

World
    Newfoundland
    Hey unlucky, I understand the reason behind this and yes, it can be very frustrating, players are warned and if they continue banned.

If players are being hounded by mails or whispers they can report for harassment to which they will be dealt with in due course

Are there any alternative suggestions you think you can give to help crack down on people posting in chat?
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Newfoundland
    The best solution of course would be that people read the rules when they sign up and find the guild recruiting page on forum before they even think of guilds.
    But I cant see any good way of stopping recruiters on chat. They can just keep inviting newbies without anything happening to them. All those who advertise their guild on chat can get members even just by doing so once, and then they will stop, and wont continue until later when they are sure that people dont remember them being warned anymore.

And if someone says they only look for newbies that is not true. I have been approached (either by whisper, mail, or just direct invite (without me ever talking to the person who sent it)) by guild leaders who have apparently ignored my guild tag.
    "That cat is staring me in a nasty way... just take the photo quick and run!"
    My camera's last words...

World
    Northisle
    I know what you mean. there is one Guild leader on Northisle who haunts Global, pouncing on anybody who doesn't have a tag. He has been repeatedly warned and even received bans, but still does it. It can be really annoying to have conversations interrupted by "Hi how are you, What's your level".

Reply to Thread