Closed Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: You should be a careful!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I have to say, this doesn't look good. Why has that thread been deleted? I saw nothing offensive there either. Surely whoever deleted it must realise this makes it look like BB have something to hide or are trying to stop players being informed about what is going on. I think at this point a moderator or BB representative needs to explain what is going on and why.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    that is a lame use of moderator powers .... don't deleted threads, if there was something against TOS, you CLOSE the thread, you don't delete it unless you have something to hide .... and i think they just don't want bad publicity about CRITICAL bugs that are on LIVE server

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've posted on another thread.

I was hit by a bug yesterday at 5.30pm. A script ran at 2am to resolve this.

I was nowhere near my pc when this bug hit me. The only thing I could think is I had entered a voucher code earlier. This could have caused the problem.

I've put my island to sleep for the duration of the event.

In addition I have decided to leave the game.

Best
    Nutters :-)

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    I have to say, this doesn't look good. Why has that thread been deleted? I saw nothing offensive there either. Surely whoever deleted it must realise this makes it look like BB have something to hide or are trying to stop players being informed about what is going on. I think at this point a moderator or BB representative needs to explain what is going on and why.
    I would like to see a moderator post on this topic also ..

Quote Originally Posted by ddaniel2012 View Post
    that is a lame use of moderator powers .... don't deleted threads, if there was something against TOS, you CLOSE the thread, you don't delete it unless you have something to hide .... and i think they just don't want bad publicity about CRITICAL bugs that are on LIVE server
    Like Bob mentioned above I also think they don't what players to know what can hit them. They need player to pump money and if a problem appears they can only say: your account will be wiped or you may choose to leave the game .. in fact they only give you the option to leave because they know you would not spend money anymore if this happened to you

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Hello Miciz,

I am very sorry that you had to reset your account. This bug is rare but very damaging when it happens.

Your frustration is completely justified, I also understand why you wouldn't want to spend anymore time on the Settlers Online.

Although the compensation will never truly replace your loss, it is the best Support can offer. I hope you understand.

This is a hard bug to tackle, I will inform you guys immediately if I get any updates on this.

Best

BB_Dantesama
    what an excellent "not answer". Where are those responsible, the grownups, who can make decisions on their own?
    Last edited by GoodKnight; 02.07.13 at 10:47.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Started to read this thread today... I wasn't aware of the bug, that seems to be very serious. I've only played for just over a month now, only at level 30. But if I were to lose my island even at that level, I doubt I would start again from scratch. Just the time I spent to get there, I would want to do it again... So I imagine all these guys at level 45, 49, 50...

A month, that's about how long ago THIS thread started and there hasn't been much input from BB's side apart from a couple of posts from Dante, none of which give much new info. Doesn't sound too good...

Now about the deleted thread, this is an insult to the player. Just like others I didn't see anything offensive in it. But it was definitely bad publicity for BB, and with the event going, they want gems purchases to continue. Perfect opportunity to get money in, lots of people would buy gems to ensure their server will win. And report of a bug maybe being related to a voucher code... wow, that would be like dropping a bomb on the whole event. I can see why BB might not want people to know about it. However, this is not the appropriate response, BB, get back on track and act professionally.

How long until this thread disappears too?
    Last edited by Ciksi46; 02.07.13 at 11:43.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I dunno about all they can do, someone losing their entire game at L49....give him a gem pit...seriously

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I have informed a few of my high level friends about this. I think it is terrible compensation for something the player did not cause. even a gem pit would not cover the costs.
    -
    It seems to be three players that we know of. 30,000 or 40,000 gems seem about right. Maybe more. Pixels cost nothing for bb. if they can give 15,000 planks, they could give 50,000 hwp,50,000 granite, etc.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    totally out of order this is proof that bb are wiping us all out,after all that time and effort put into the game,when will u all wake up and realise bb are now only milking the game

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I think we should take screen shots of inventory EVERY time we add something to star menu that way NO-ONE from BB can say theres no reason to fully compensate what items a player had. along with log-in gems etc. and as way of an apology a few extra gems

Closed Thread