Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: You should be a careful!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dantesama you're a gentleman - thank you :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    The best thing to avoid this problem is to check your account after each maintenance. If you cannot access your island then send the ticket to the BB support. As far as I know the maintenance scripts are creating a backup of each account before performing the modification of the data. If you send the issue as fast as possible they might have still the backup of your account and can restore it properly. This had happened to a member of our guild and they have succeeded to fix the account. Unfortunately this hint is not useful anymore for the players that have corrupted account data, but can help the others that might have this problem.

World
    Sandycove
    whilst I understand Dante's post to be patient, I have to say it is too little too late for some players.

We have been posting about this error in many threads for a very long time, but nothing reasonable has been offered from BB. I would suggest that BB take stock of the situation and stop offering the standard silly amounts of resource etc to replace all that has been lost. That alone insults people and causes heartache.

Please BB listen to your die-hard players who have not only invited friends/spent real money, but also supported you through votes for best MMO etc.... Have a real heart and take responsibility for each affected person for their relevant loss.

Refund not only gems spent but also enable these players to get back to where they were.. If this continues to happen, do you really think you will garner the awards you had last year?

I can see from previous posts and explanations that is is hard to set people up again, but you can at the very least put them back to the level they "expired at". Send them the xp through the mail. Youve done it before, do it again.... As that is the hardest thing to get back as a player.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    whilst I understand Dante's post to be patient, I have to say it is too little too late for some players.
    That's fact.

May I share my current thought process please.

We're being asked to be patient until BB have decided upon a reply to us. There's nothing wrong with that.

Of course patience works both ways.

I have concluded until I receive the reassurances I need I will not spend more money on the game.

From my perspective that seems fair.

Best
    Nutters :-)

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding the other thread. From what I understand there was some information in that thread that may have gone against the code of conduct of the forum and was therefore removed pending approval. It may or may not reappear based on that, sadly out of my hands.

As for removing it to hide information, that certainly isn't the case as proved by this very thread.
    I confidently predict there won't be an answer forthcoming on this, ever. If I had to guess, I'd point people at this from the 'code of conduct':

Exchange with Support/Mod/Admin in private
    Any discussion or exchange with a Support agent, moderator or admin is considered private. It is forbidden to copy/paste your exchange on the forum or on the chat.
    Frankly, the code of conduct has so many prohibited things that just about any message or thread could be removed, but that one above seems most likely for why the other thread was deleted.

Dantesama has promised us the matter is being taken seriously, but like others I am left underwhelmed by the great length of time that has passed since this bug first showed up and the continued unsatisfactory approach of support in offering the insulting level of resources 'reset' option as the only thing a player can do if this happens to them. We have little option but to 'bear with you' Dantesama, but bearing in mind the Uplay passwords fiasco, BB's inability to balance the 20th anniversary event and this ongoing account reset issue, it's not inspiring any confidence in BB whatsoever. I, for one, would like to see some actual evidence that players are being listened to and that action is being taken on all the problems. Fine words are all very well, but action is what is required for the players that have had their islands and game ruined by this bug. How long must they wait for BB to do the right thing by them?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    I understand your frustration and anger guys, I really do.
    I'm not one to justify my work but under those circumstances, I do feel it necessary to do just that. I mention this topic every week during our feedback call and we speak about it in thorough detail, BB is very well aware of the seriousness of this situation.
    All I can say right now is that this topic is under very serious discussion, no final word has come out yet. As mentioned before, I will update you guys when I have an answer and a solution to this case. Until then, I will ask you to bear with me.

Best

BB_Dantesama
    It's good to know that this issue is being worked on, but it seems like BB are missing the incredible urgency that really should be here.

How about multiplying the replacement package by, say, 30? And adding a quick dummy quest for the experience missing, as suggested by other players in this very thread. It would still not come close to the value of a high-level island, but it would help. It would be very fast, easy stop-gap measure to implement. And it would perhaps mean that the bug wouldn't seem to be quite such a cataclysmic issue. Right now, it's pretty terrifying.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post
    How about multiplying the replacement package by, say, 30?
    I'dd say everyone should get what he had before .. staying off game for few weeks is bad enough, having 240k stone in my inventory doesn't really help.

If the number of affected users is really so small as they say, then a backup can be restored on a test machine (not to affect everyone's environment) and then provide the players with resources to build what they already had.
    That and the experience to bounce to lvl50.

BB has to acknowledge that players have zero fault for causing this bug, therefor their "suffer" has to be reduced to a minimum.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    I understand your frustration and anger guys, I really do.
    I'm not one to justify my work but under those circumstances, I do feel it necessary to do just that. I mention this topic every week during our feedback call and we speak about it in thorough detail, BB is very well aware of the seriousness of this situation.
    All I can say right now is that this topic is under very serious discussion, no final word has come out yet. As mentioned before, I will update you guys when I have an answer and a solution to this case. Until then, I will ask you to bear with me.

Best

BB_Dantesama
    I would just suggest that, until the issue is fully resolved, compensation to players who have suffered from the problem be rethought. If a player has been slowing building their island for a year, they might expect a bit more compensation to be able to put themselves back on track more quickly.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lodrpr View Post
    I'dd say everyone should get what he had before .. staying off game for few weeks is bad enough, having 240k stone in my inventory doesn't really help.

If the number of affected users is really so small as they say, then a backup can be restored on a test machine (not to affect everyone's environment) and then provide the players with resources to build what they already had.
    That and the experience to bounce to lvl50.

BB has to acknowledge that players have zero fault for causing this bug, therefor their "suffer" has to be reduced to a minimum.
    I agree, it's really pretty unforgivable that BB don't just restore the account to the point it was. And their attempt to handwave it citing technical issues is completely ridiculous. Simpy put, they aren't willing to invest the time into properly reinstating these islands. Making the reward somewhat comparable to what's lost would be a very easy thing to do, so maybe they're willing to do that.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    any updates here? another week has passed

Closed Thread