Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: You should be a careful!

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Your best chance would be for it to happen to a lot of people, that way they'd be forced to roll-back to a backup copy of the game as happened on the US Zeus server when it got corrupted. (and people thought the parrot exploit was 'something for nothing', there's the real cost).
    Seeing as these backups exist, surely it wouldn't be beyond a decent Dev's ken to delve within one, and see what you had at that point in time?
    Have to agree about the 'pre-made' islands though, these can be toxic. On the test server they regularly crashed the Flash plugin once the settlement reached higher levels.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to find out what is causing that bug so I can avoid it? So far I've heard it happens when you move buildings around from/to shrubs that were removed at your own responsibility as BB does not support that.
    As well would like to ask why map can't be restored fully? Isn't that why we have maintenance so back up can take place and "locked" player will only lose ~week of playing at most ?
    Don't expect anything in TSO to avoid dissapointment.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you all for support! It's good to discuss about this, especially about the bug. I'll give you some more info what I was doing when this issue happened: I didn't move any building. I was doing BK adventure and if I recall right I was building some random fields or copper mines same time in my island, as usual. And of course I moved my generals in BK adventure and one general was going back to home island. Crash happened when I tried to come back to my island from my current adventure...

So I guess everybody agrees that backup system should be developed even more that this kind of things could solve properly. If that is not possible then reasonable compensation should be considered. And as for the 50lvl players starter kit is just a joke..

SidV
    If you had invested money in the past, i would talk about this case with an laywer and send the story to some game-magazins. Could not be that a game-developer cheats his own customer in this way! Terrible to lose hours of playtime and then you get such a crap solution back from the support. Wow...really awesome

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Miciz View Post
    Thank you all for support! It's good to discuss about this, especially about the bug. I'll give you some more info what I was doing when this issue happened: I didn't move any building. I was doing BK adventure and if I recall right I was building some random fields or copper mines same time in my island, as usual. And of course I moved my generals in BK adventure and one general was going back to home island. Crash happened when I tried to come back to my island from my current adventure...

So I guess everybody agrees that backup system should be developed even more that this kind of things could solve properly. If that is not possible then reasonable compensation should be considered. And as for the 50lvl players starter kit is just a joke..
    Sounds familiar.
    The only two times it's happened to me, the cause seemed to be a general travelling to an adv map. I don't move buildings having witnessed the carnage in testing.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    This really is shocking Miciz, thank you for serving as a warning to everyone not to pay for a game that hides behind the excuse of "beta" while still charging uncapped sums, I remember when beta testing was something companies paid You for. I'm just sorry it's cost you so much. I'll bookmark this as "100% Bonus of nothing is still nothing" for future reference.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Mirrors the same thing that happened to gunhof - http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...unhof-s-Island

In this day and age everthing is backed up. Surely a players island does not take much info and should be easily restorable.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Indeed, there was an island set up once for all users on the Test Server.

Yet you should know that our test server is different from our live server, we can afford to make "mistakes" and try new things out, there are no direct consequences when we make changes like these.
    If there are major problems, don't forget that a test server can be wiped at any time, not the live server.

It differs on a live gameworld. There are millions of ongoing complex changes made by players all the time. The risks are way too high for us to create an island from scratch, it could create a serious bad domino effect.

A wipe will never be appreciated by anyone, I understand that.
    However, no, we never created islands for players on live game worlds due to the reasons mentioned above. It is simply too risky.

Please contact the support if you wish to discuss this, as a Community Manager I am sorry, but I cannot help you more at this point.
    I can just tell you this was never done on a live gameworld so far.

Best

BB_Dantesama
    TSO will generate Backups of the database on a regular basis

Its common sense to go on the previous backup, check his island... and rebuild what he previous had?
    I've seen this happen to a few people now. This is becoming a joke that we have to worry about our accounts being reset...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean_S View Post
    TSO will generate Backups of the database on a regular basis

Its common sense to go on the previous backup, check his island... and rebuild what he previous had?
    I've seen this happen to a few people now. This is becoming a joke that we have to worry about our accounts being reset...
    Did u even read what BB_Dantesama wrote? "The risks are way too high for us to create an island from scratch, it could create a serious bad domino effect".

However i think BB should give him a good amount gem the replace his lost apart from his refund gem. B/c this is serious problem and and be threat to everyplayer.

"Although the compensation will never truly replace your loss, it is the best Support can offer", why not more?
    8.000 Stone
    8.000 Planks
    8.000 Tools

5.000 Marble
    5.000 Real Planks
    5.000 Coins

3.000 Granite
    3.000 Exotic Planks
    3.000 Map Parts

This offter is nothing compare to the time he play and he earn up to 49, i sure he make aleast 10x more than the offter
    I'm sure BB can look at the previous back up and give proper offter.
    Last edited by Duong_TonThat; 05.06.13 at 14:03.
    DT

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    if it really is that rare then surely support could have put the effort in to grab his data from an old backup and import it into the current db? Losing a week of progress is nothing compared to losing everything. The materials provided are pretty funny considering they are not enough to upgrade one building at high level.

Closed Thread