Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: You should be a careful!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I think one needs to separate out two things here and consider them that way:

1. It is perfectly possible that restoring an island on the live servers is too risky and could have knock-on consequences.

2. If the bug is rare then it is perfectly reasonable that BB compensate properly anyone hit by it rather than restoring their island.

However, the big problem here is that the compensation described (I have no reason to doubt it) is ridiculously poor. To get to level 49 takes vast amounts of resources and time, which can only be compensated by a huge amount of gems if the player is to re-establish a new island within a reasonable timeframe.

If the bug is that rare, then BB should be throwing huge amounts of gems at whoever it hits. The player may have to start again from scratch, but at least they would feel BB cared about them. The reset resources offered that have been shown on this thread are nothing short of an insult.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok things happen out of our control including BBs, all cool that BB are replacing castles, reward buildings and purchased gems. Even some of the amounts they are replacing are reasonable, 3k mf isn't a small mount, that 100BKs........... the problem is the rest of the resources, and the time it will take to rebuild everything to a level where you can start doing BK again, once there then the LVL ups ect will come with ease. So BB up the basics and GC amounts, add afew advents of varying levels, weapons.... even throw in afew nobals so they have instant pop they can work with. They will get the lvl up gems again which isnt so bad.......... BB if you know this bug exisits and it happens to mostly high levels, think about it more and come up with a better package, sure who ever it happens to will be ANGRY as heck, but they may feel more prepared to start again if they feel like you give a dam

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SidV View Post
    If you had invested money in the past, i would talk about this case with an laywer and send the story to some game-magazines. Could not be that a game-developer cheats his own customer in this way! Terrible to lose hours of playtime and then you get such a crap solution back from the support. Wow...really awesome
    Under the title of the game "The Settlers On-line" is clearly written "B-E-T-A" ,its a magic word that validates any possible loss of money ,makes legal any decision of the company,cause the only responsible of paying is the gamer knowing the risks of loss in the terms of use that he has accepted before the money procedure gets completed ....
    About what happened to Miciz its what separates "sensitivity and humanity" from business .Even if admins,operators devs and whoever else insist that this is the "best solution" and anything different puts on risk the server,excuse me but if the materials that they returned to him didn't put in risk the server why the double or triple amount would do ?
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post

It differs on a live gameworld. There are millions of ongoing complex changes made by players all the time. The risks are way too high for us to create an island from scratch, it could create a serious bad domino effect.

However, no, we never created islands for players on live game worlds due to the reasons mentioned above. It is simply too risky.

BB_Dantesama
    Is that hard to return the account during a maintenance that NO actions are taken from any player at that time ? I really don't see the risks there,even if you fail to restore it you can check what's happening before you even bring back live the servers
    Last edited by Maga666; 06.06.13 at 02:23.

World
    Newfoundland
    This is a really big loss to have all and then get nothing in comparison to it. The time a player spends to build all, upgrade it, find his own personal style of playing is more value than anyone can try to return it. Reading this thread made me really sorry for players who get this bug and no options from supports in a way that can at least make them say hey I lost something but I didnt lost everything. If the only way to help players get satisfied is by returning their resources then why shouldnt it be the 100% correct value of building/upgrade cost? As for my part I made it possible to see it for every building in game, its upgrade cost, even the whole sum build/upgrade costs off all building on your island. If there is a data with all buildings then it can be loaded to IVC and use it in a way to help players get what they lost because of what? who? why?but surely not because they are fault. We high lvl players play this game long and are bonded more to it because we will try to help grow it, give best critics because we know why, help tso team work and do their yob even better and improve overall rating of TSO. Dont give us reasons to hate it because we already like it. Miciz I wish you all best for future and dont give up! because you have all our support to fight for your rights. Cheers

P.S here is an example of how much an lvl50 island costs to build/upgrade but other spended way more time/money than me to have 2x of it.
    (Pinewood planks 11.200) (Stones 11.550)
    (Hardwood planks 169.170) (Marble 225.170)
    (Exotic wood planks 98.550) (Granite 75.700)
    (Tools 9.610) (Coins 88.400)
    (Gems 38.595) (Licence 249)
    Last edited by Ekonomista; 06.06.13 at 08:52.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    One small point - saying the game is 'BETA' would actually prove no legal defence at all. If the company is accepting money for providing a service, then that is all that matters. They can call it alpha, beta, omega or Fluffy the Wonderdog for all it matters - they've taken your money in exchange for providing a service and that establishes a legal contract between company and player.

Having said that, of course this isn't going to end up in the courts! However, it's important to understand these things and the 'BETA' defence categorically will NOT protect them legally in this instance, because they have still accepted the money.

World
    Sandycove
    "We will replace any building purchased using event resources (eggs, presents etc)"

Some of the building gift from friend or trade from TO (such as silo and watermill) will it be include?
    DT

World
    Northisle
    ther should be any back up for all acc just in case somethink happen.

World
    Newfoundland
    OMG this is dreadful!, I've taken the precaution of SS all my island and store.
    BB get this sorted, permanently, as the players like myself that have invested in gems probably would not have the resolve Miciz has.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    As a software engineer for a large insurance company, I'm not even understanding that a company is offering a solution such as "your account will be reset". Whenever I would even come up with a solution like this, auditors would shoot me without even asking one further question. They would even have to beat our IT helpdesk in doing so, since I'm sure they won't love to see all all history (like logging) linked to that account gone.

In this case it's even worse, since they are not deleting the account of a user, but of a customer. Imagine I would tell the contact person of a large policy holder that I am deleting his account. He would just laugh, and tell me that I will be fired before the end of the day.

To me this really sounds like a typical system administration solution "sorry, we will restart the server; perhaps that solves the problem".
    99 out of 100 times, same problem again after the restart. So, in case you might think about playing again, be prepared to go down at level 50 once more.

Thanks for the warning therefore. I was not intending to put money in this game; I sure won't after reading this.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 08.06.13 at 10:04.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Regrettably todays corporate mentality is "We have taken your money now get lost", however unlike most markets online gaming demands a high level of customer support. Failure to provide this support will result in the company not being in receipt of a most valuable and desirable item, namely positive word of mouth advertising. In todays era of social media this word of mouth is potentially the most powerful of the advertising tools available to a business with the opportunity of generating more profit than all other forms of advertising combined.

BB have said that providing a player with a prebuilt island to replace what they have lost will not work. To me this says there is a serious flaw with the database, I would even go as far as to say that this flaw is probably the root cause of a lot of problems with the game. They need to either fix it or look into alternative database options with a mind of porting player data over. Obviously this is going to be a long term thing.

In the short term we the players still need a fix for corrupted islands. The solution for this given the constraints that have been mentioned is also obvious. We know for a fact that they can provide us with resources, gems and xp, all they need to do is find out how much of these are needed. To do that they either have to have somebody look at the back up and calculate what is needed or better yet write a script to automate the job.

The fact that we are here talking about this shows that the players refuse to be fobbed off with unacceptable excuses from support, a player unhappy with support = lost revenue. Is BB raking in that much cash that the loss of sales from unhappy players is too small to be of interest to them.

Closed Thread