Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: You should be a careful!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    I agree with what Nuttymut has said - just because Dantesama has not got a reply to give us from BB yet does not mean it isn't being considered and action being taken. Sometimes things take time to go through the proper channels and it is usually better to get a proper solution rather than something hastily cobbled together. It is very unfortunate for the people that have lost a lot in the meantime, but it's not always possible to provide a solution that everyone is happy with. I think we have a good Community Manager on this forum and he does put in a lot of effort, including communicating what he can at any point.
    May I once again stress that I know Dantesama has done a great job of turning this forum into a constructive place. Often none of us want to hear that another plyaer has suffered at the hands of a bug. It could easily be any one of us. I am in no doubt that Dantesama is both allowing the playing community to speak and to be heard where they need to be heard the most.

I cannot imagine how any player copes with the issue of being rolled back to the start. I think the opening poster has shown great restraint. Far better than I could have shown in the same circumstances.

It is correct that the playing community are kept informed of the down-side of the game.

Once again and I mean it genuinely I would invite the opening poster to join our guild and I will do whatever I can to help you rebuild. It's a genuine offer and I will not put any glass ceilings on it. I have a reasonably robust economy within the game and I am more than happy to assign that to helping you rebuild.

I am confident that Dantesama will come back to us all when he has additional information. Give him some space and also let BB work through this issue internally. The one thing I will say about BB is they do seem to react well. And in that respect I genuinely believe they are working on this issue now and will be positive about it. May I caveat what I have said please. It shouldn't have happened in my opinion. But it has and that's what we are left to deal with.

I really have no issues with the overall behaviour of BB. Indeed since Dantesama took over as community manager BB have lifted their game. I don't believe in coincidence. I have drawn my own conclusions.

We can either be part of the solution or by default we can be part of the problem. Sweeping generalisations aren't helpful in these sort of circumstances. The best I can do to be part of one solution is to offer in game help with resources to help Miciz rebuild. I'd hasten to add that I am not speaking for anyone else in my guild but I suspect many would also throw their weight behind such help too.

Best
    Nutters :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    To add to point 1, from what I've seen it only appears to affect certain gem based or other "not acquired normally" items (like decorations).
    I guess it's allways better to cancel a building move if something comes up lagging in between.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Any progress on this I wonder?

World
    Newfoundland
    Yea there is some on reply and view (Replies: 82 Views: 5,056) but for the fix its stil on ... Hope we get at least a word like "Hey" from BB so we know they are among us
    Don`t think too much. You`ll create a problem that wasn`t even there in the first place.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Another one bites the dust.. Still BB have not solved this

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...th-anniversary!

Need to stop letting this thread drift down the list and keep it active so BB do NOT foget about it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i agree, something needs to be done, and please do not insult us with starter pack and level reset

thank you

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    sad compensation, this apparently has happened more than once.
    I think I have given away more in equivalent resources than this

8.000 Stone
    8.000 Planks
    8.000 Tools

5.000 Marble
    5.000 Real Planks
    5.000 Coins

3.000 Granite
    3.000 Exotic Planks

probably way more, and those were just gifts, I didn't tear down anyone's island

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DocAckersonCO1 View Post
    sad compensation, this apparently has happened more than once.
    I think I have given away more in equivalent resources than this

8.000 Stone
    8.000 Planks
    8.000 Tools

5.000 Marble
    5.000 Real Planks
    5.000 Coins

3.000 Granite
    3.000 Exotic Planks

probably way more, and those were just gifts, I didn't tear down anyone's island
    That is not even enough resource to get your prov house or barracks back to level 5.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Jeez....the anniversary celebration already did cost more than that!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Another one bites the dust.. Still BB have not solved this

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...th-anniversary!

Need to stop letting this thread drift down the list and keep it active so BB do NOT foget about it.
    The above link was pointing to the thread created by me, which, can you believe it, was deleted from these forums today!! see below my last reply, I have not written anything offensive to them

BB is trying to get the dust under the carpet so that people would still pump money not knowing what is really happening

this was my last reply there, I still had it on browser cache:

ok, so let me try an answer a few of the questions asked until now

Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    So this can post can provide useful feedback rather than just be a rant, why not explain clearly

(a) why this offer is unacceptable to you
    and
    (b) what you think an acceptable offer would be
    I thought it was obvious but, this offer is unacceptable because the compensation resources offered do not covered 0.1% of what I had on that island. Remember that I did not cause this issue, my fault is equal to zero for this damage.

In my view an acceptable offer would be :
    - reset my island
    - pop my account straight to level 50
    - provide me with resources to rebuild what I already had

Do the math what resources you would need for:
    - 6 lvl5 coinages
    - 4 lvl5 and 2 lvl4 gold smelters
    - 3 lvl5 gold mines
    - 5 lvl5 recyclers
    - lvl5 barracks and mayor house
    - about 15 lvl4 storehouses (was at ~65k capacity), don't remember number exactly
    - about 20 lvl4 silos and farms
    - what I already had in warehouse; or at least the expensive stuff I remember about..

I'm sure they can verify what I say (for example restore a backup on a test/development server).
    I'm not asking for something that was not mine already. I'm not asking them to give me something, I'm asking them to fix what I already have..

Only the time to rebuild all this would draw me back a lot, but this is something I would have accepted ... but 8k stone and pinewood ?! This is insulting in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Can I ask how this "error detected in zone" came about?
    I wasn't even at my computer when this happened, minimized the browser and went off for 10 minutes. When I came back I got the error. Posted the question to support on Friday morning, no reply (except the automatic answer), I replied again on Monday at noon, then I got the bomb reply from their side on Monday afternoon.

This is something you don't wish even to your worst enemy, believe me is a bad feeling.

Closed Thread