Closed Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: You should be a careful!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    By way of an update.

BB replied to my ticket that I took out last night. The reply came mid morning today. In short the reply told me what I already knew which was the issue with accessing my island had been dealt with overnight.

I replied politely to support and informed them of my decision to put my island into mothballs during the event as I felt it could be a voucher code that had caused my problems. Additionally I let them know of my decision not to play the game anymore as I cannot reconcile the void between how bugs are being dealt with and paying for the game.

Support replied. They have passed my email onto another department within BB who deal with these sort of issues.

There is no one more aligned with the succes of this game than me. I have been patient for some 15 months now. However, I have to be clear about why I am unable to continue playing the game. I am not reassured that BB are dealing with the issues of bugs very well at all. Whilst I am genuinely pleased that BB have a script to correct the bug which hit me yesterday I keep coming down on the side of no confidence.

I take the view, simple as it may be that the need for this script suggests that BB are trying to do something that they aren't capable of. I do not mean to sound as if I know a great deal about computers - I don't. However, clearly BB have attempted to do something and clearly the code isn't doing what they want.

In addition the removal of a particular thread from these boards has left me with some exceptionally negative perceptions. As much as I want to believe that the removal of the other thread was not done to cover over issues I am struggling.

I genuinely do not think it is unreasonable for BB's customers to expect a level of service and performance. As part of that I think I am entitled to feel reassured that if my account is hit with a bug that I will not loose my island to a complete reset.

Currently that reassurance is not forthcoming from BB.

Best
    Nutters :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Doc recently put me on to this, and it's been a most interesting read.

Since it doesn't cost BB a bean to properly compensate I'm at a loss to know why they haven't.

I recently got 'dead-ended' in another game I'd been playing for about three weeks and don't feel much like repeating it. To lose everything after well over a year would be devastating.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    so game masters , is there any action taken to correct this bug and proper compensate the time and money invested here?

i am a level 50 player with about a year of play time behind my back. if this is the treatment i will receive also for encountering a game bug, i better stop investing my money and time here and now and start investing them in making some bad rep for this game.

your move. fix lodrpr account

regards,

daniel

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Yesterday I got an email from support saying they are unable to provide me with support (ie answer my emails) because I don't want to accept they're offer and reset my account.

I must ask myself what kind of employees do BB have? I also work for a big company and I find BB's behavior unacceptable from a customer perspective..

I never got an answer from them why would not be possible to reset my account and them send me by email:
    - the XP required to go lvl 50
    - the resources to rebuild my entire setup

I have lost my island because of them and I get zero support to get it back. Unbelievable..
    Last edited by lodrpr; 03.07.13 at 06:41.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding the other thread. From what I understand there was some information in that thread that may have gone against the code of conduct of the forum and was therefore removed pending approval. It may or may not reappear based on that, sadly out of my hands.

As for removing it to hide information, that certainly isn't the case as proved by this very thread.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks peck for this reply.

My vision is that when a customer's account dissapears that person should, at least, know the reason why this happened. Also, another option for moderators would be to delete the inappropriate content from that thread, but leave rest of the thread alive & visible for everyone!

Can you also provide details about what "some information in that thread that may have gone against the code of conduct" mean? I tend to like to speak in exact terms, "some" and "it may" not being among them.

Thanks,
    lodrpr

World
    Newfoundland
    I can't at this exact time as I was not involved, however I will ensure to get this information cleared up for you as soon as I can.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I must confess I feel yet again dissaponted by BB attitude.. I'm not asking clarifications from you (peck_ed) but from BB .. telling me you were not involved and having no reply for half a day is, let say, not ideal.

But the attitude on forums is not my 1st concern now, because that would be getting my account back in the same shape it was taken away from me.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Dantesama,

Would you mind if, in the interests of fair play, I spoke up about this issue. This is a very serious issue and I share the injustice these players are feeling. If I may be blunt please. And I have no wish to sound rude towards you. But this is wrong on all levels Dantesama.

It needs addressing. Someone within BB needs to take ownership of this issue and come back with a much more acceptable solution. I have decided it is fair and correct for me to align myself with these players. I was hit by a bug which was resolved, albeit slowly. I am confident that you are more than aware of the damage this issue is causing in relation to the playing communities reassurance that this bug is not going to happen to them.

I have stopped playing. I do not feel I can justify the time and money on the game without this reasonable reassurance.

Dantesama would you please inform the relevant people within BB that this really is not being handled very well at all. Players who loose their account to a bug are being treated with incredible disregard. And again this is wrong.

I am sure that BB are aware of this issue. I would still suggest that they are reminded of the urgency and indeed the severity of things.

I'm calling upon BB to address the issue of compensation for all players who have had their accounts reset. In addition I would like to see some reassurance that the code that is causing this bug has been identified and removed.

I am not going to apologise for this post Dantesama. This situation is terribly wrong and I refuse to sit idly by whilst players are subjected to this sort of treatment. I cannot stress enough how unjust and unfair this has all been and it really is not good enough.

Thank you for all you have done and are doing for the playing community Dantesama. I realise that you are the messenger and as such I do feel you are doing an exceptional job. I will go quiet now and await a timely response from BB.

All the very best
    Nutters

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I understand your frustration and anger guys, I really do.
    I'm not one to justify my work but under those circumstances, I do feel it necessary to do just that. I mention this topic every week during our feedback call and we speak about it in thorough detail, BB is very well aware of the seriousness of this situation.
    All I can say right now is that this topic is under very serious discussion, no final word has come out yet. As mentioned before, I will update you guys when I have an answer and a solution to this case. Until then, I will ask you to bear with me.

Best

BB_Dantesama
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Closed Thread