Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: You should be a careful!

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nutty, care to explain why these 3 servers are still 'beta', and nowhere else's?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with what Nuttymut has said - just because Dantesama has not got a reply to give us from BB yet does not mean it isn't being considered and action being taken. Sometimes things take time to go through the proper channels and it is usually better to get a proper solution rather than something hastily cobbled together. It is very unfortunate for the people that have lost a lot in the meantime, but it's not always possible to provide a solution that everyone is happy with. I think we have a good Community Manager on this forum and he does put in a lot of effort, including communicating what he can at any point.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    The whole 'beta' thing is a complete red herring (irrelevance). They could call it anything they liked - alpha, gamma, winkydinkyplunkjunk - and it would still not matter. ALL that matters is if you have paid money to receive goods or a service. If you have paid money and BB fail to supply the service as specified, then they have a case to answer.

I too do not believe BB are 'hiding' behind the 'beta' term, but it is time both they and we stopped referring to it, because it simply isn't relevant. This game is commercially available and has to deal with the consequences of that. It is not 'beta', it has not been 'beta' for a long time and no amount of changes to the code will ever make it 'beta'. Forget beta, this is about whether players paying money are receiving what they have paid for and about whether BB cares about the bad PR generated by failing to adequately compensate players who may have invested time rather than money. Beta... shmeta.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Hang on! Of course its possible to provide a solution, By reading what the guy got back as compo id say multiply that by 10. That probably still wont come close to getting his island back to level 5! For his time lost, maybe a free gempit or something to apologise (Remember, this was not the players fault that this has happened).

I cannot believe that this reset is caused by placing a statue, or moving a high level building, or even as someone reported returning from an adventure! Surely this has to be a priority to get fixed asap. Problem is this sounds like its happening to high level players who have already spent their money on gems and as such isn't a priority to fix!!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttymut View Post

Dantesama has indicated he has passed the weight of feelings in this thread back to BB and the development team. I hope they respond timely and effectively.

I would like to see a monthly list of things that are being sent to BB, otherwise it never happened. Maybe he is only sending "Thank you BB" kind of stuff to them? Is he too scared of his managers to say that people are whining in here or something?

I still don't get it why are people writing in here when you guys know we won't get any answers, that apply to whole forum as well.
    May as well close the forum, no use of it to anyone.
    Don't expect anything in TSO to avoid dissapointment.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by K0sh1 View Post
    I would like to see a monthly list of things that are being sent to BB, otherwise it never happened. Maybe he is only sending "Thank you BB" kind of stuff to them? Is he too scared of his managers to say that people are whining in here or something?

I still don't get it why are people writing in here when you guys know we won't get any answers, that apply to whole forum as well.
    That is an absolute outrageous statement to make. This forum is viewable to those who aren't even members, do you think for one moment that a community managers superiors don't look at it even if it isn't just to make sure he is conducting his role in line with procedures laid out for him?

Have you ever heard of the phrase if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all? As all I see in your posting is nothing but negativity.
    Last edited by Gytha_Ogg; 18.06.13 at 22:35.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle

If everyone took your attitude, then no one would ever post about problems and it would guarantee nothing got done and that other players were not informed. You would be proved right and everyone would be no better off. Perhaps you could more constructively suggest what should be done, because if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.

World
    Newfoundland
    Okay guys, lets try and stay away from personal attacks

I can however confirm that feedback is passed back and things like bugs getting reported are very useful to us. An example this week was the visiting friends bug, that was noted and sent to Support and also the fact that the community was able to find certain issues such as the troops being produced in the barracks appearing to affect it.

This also managed to help other community members, forum isn't just for feedback to BB, it helps other players as well!

But also lets try and steer this thread back on topic please. For feedback outside of this threads topic, please post in here
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    If everyone took your attitude, then no one would ever post about problems and it would guarantee nothing got done and that other players were not informed. You would be proved right and everyone would be no better off. Perhaps you could more constructively suggest what should be done, because if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.
    My attitude is exactly the same way BB treats his customers, as you can see from the 1st topic. I was posting ideas since I joined this game but then realized that BB doesn't care.

Peck_ed you can confirm all you want but your not BB employee means not an official response.
    So far forum is there for players helping other players overcome massive amount of bugs but only few of them are actually getting fixed.
    Don't expect anything in TSO to avoid dissapointment.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    My attitude is exactly the same way BB treats his customers, as you can see from the 1st topic. I was posting ideas since I joined this game but then realized that BB doesn't care.

Peck_ed you can confirm all you want but your not BB employee means not an official response.
    So far forum is there for players helping other players overcome massive amount of bugs but only few of them are actually getting fixed.
    K0sh1,

It is clear that there isn't much I can say that will convince you otherwise.
    I am very sorry you feel that way.
    Constructive Community feedback is crucial to us, bashing, pointing fingers or personal attacks won't help you and are actually againt the rules.

If you wish to write an official complaint, I suggest you send a message to Support right here.

Let's please get back to topic.

Best

BB_Dantesama

I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Closed Thread