Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: You should be a careful!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    My sympathies Miciz

And as for the way BB have handled this.. I am shocked and apalled.

Fendal

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have ALSO got my island to reset, and when we posted a thread in here, they just closed it.. I was lvl 49, with tons of lvl 5 buildings and around 50 lvl 5 silos, i only got a fraction of what my island was worth, i got my gems back, but started at lvl 1, and lost everything in my star menu :-( Im so dissapointed by support, and still need to get my friary, but wont waste a second more on support..

Im sad to hear your story mate, only wanted to play again because of my really kind and helpfull guildies :-)

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    No we/i didnt got all i have purchased through trading and so on back, had 50 lvl 5 silos, and around 70 noble deeds, didnt got a single of any of them back :-( Have bought a few for gems, but far from all of them.. Maby 10% was through own gem purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Duong_TonThat View Post
    "We will replace any building purchased using event resources (eggs, presents etc)"

Some of the building gift from friend or trade from TO (such as silo and watermill) will it be include?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    And if anyone interested in knowing why it happened to me, i simply just moved a building, and island freezed :-( SO a friendly advice, DONT move your buildings, if you wants to keep your island :-)

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    As has been mentioned this is a known problem and crops up globally (For example: http://forum.thesettlersonline.pl,) surely by now there is a better way to handle it.

While I appreciate there are difficulties I do not understand how the current offer of a reset and ridiculously low "compensation" is either "the best option" or "the best that can be done". 5k Coins is enough to level 10 (one sector's worth of Licenses) Basic Buildings to level 4 or a smaller number of higher buildings to lower levels or one Barracks/Prov to 4. The other resources offered are not much better.

It's past time a better resolution is found for this problem and though it may not be a perfect one there is no reason to penalize, at all, let alone to this degree, players who are seeking, in the face of TSO Ultimate Disaster, to play on.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    With regards to Gunhof's experiences with this same problem, it is interesting to have a look at the thread he refers to in his post 32 -where he says 'I have ALSO got my island to reset, and when we posted a thread in here, they just closed it'.

This thread was closed by the forum moderator Sinister-King, who, upon closing and locking the thread, stated: I'm afraid this is a very unfortunate and complicated problem that hopefully won't be repeated.

It is clear, as has been pointed out in several posts above, that this problem is being repeated.

And as I said before, I think BB's response to both Gunhof and Miciz (and whoever else it may have effected) is both shocking and apalling. I think BobLurker has summed it up quite nicely in an earlier post, when he says: If the bug is that rare, then BB should be throwing huge amounts of gems at whoever it hits. The player may have to start again from scratch, but at least they would feel BB cared about them. The reset resources offered that have been shown on this thread are nothing short of an insult.

I am also a little surprised at how BB are handling this. The last time I checked, over 1,400 views have been made on this thread. That's not just views from random TSO players, but TSO players who are interested and motivated enough to check the forums and read threads. And they are precisely the players who are most likely to play the game alot, talk to their friends about it, chat in social media about what they are playing, and so on.

BB could have turned a potentially negative episode(s) into a positive one by the way they handled it - and we could be posting on a thread congratulating BB on their generosity and proffessionalism. Instead, in my view, BB have turned a potentially negative episode into a very real negative, precisely by the way they have handled it.

Fendal
    Last edited by Fendal; 08.06.13 at 14:23.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    You should have seen my mail correspondence with support, it was long and tiring, and finally they said they couldnt do anymore, so ticket was closed LOL.. They really take care of us

I could mention around 99% of my buildings and what lvl they were on before i was forced to reset my island, and what i got in my star menu, but as said, nothing from star menu, and we are talking 200k gold ore, and around 150 RFS and tons of adventures, was giving back..

And i know for sure they have a log of your island, since they gave me some of the stuff to upgrade back, and knew what buildings i had from event etc etc.

But I wouldnt waste a single line more on support, since they cant handle heavy trouble in a preferable way. I wouldnt have cared about a single lvl 5 coinages, or whatever, but i/we lost everything :-( I didnt wished any compensation, i would just have been happy to get all my resources back, so i could upgrade my island to its former glory :-) I dont think they in suport, knows how much time we spend on this, and what it means to loose an island.

I hope alot of ppl will read this thread, so they can see how things are handled and we a treated :-)

The best luck in the future miciz, whisper/mail me ingame, and i will help you all i can, with stuff to upgrade/advs etc etc

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey everyone and thank you all for the support and good attentions! I just came to check what's going on in the forum. I read Gunhof's thread and I can definitely relate to that. It's great to notice that community around the game is awesome and people are supporting each other. That was also one of my biggest motivation but BB destroyed my desire to play. Of course I would have reached high levels fast with help of my guild mates and in game friends but that's not the thing as you all know. Let see if I'll come back around this game one day but not before BETA phase is still in progress...

World
    Sandycove
    In my mind this is simply an outrageous way to deal with a committed player (or any player to be honest).

I have previously said in other posts on this issue that I have screenshots of my island (updated regularly). If I was to be offered what the OP had been offered, I would be seriously considering legal action.

There is surely a method for BB to at the very least post the XP to a player as well as goods lost. If not, then they should be considering how to do it on the live server given the frequency this bug is occurring.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendal View Post
    BB could have turned a potentially negative episode(s) into a positive one by the way they handled it - and we could be posting on a thread congratulating BB on their generosity and proffessionalism. Instead, in my view, BB have turned a potentially negative episode into a very real negative, precisely by the way they have handled it.

Fendal
    While I agree entirely on what is being said on how BB should have handled it..... the reality of it is, that if they had handled it well none of us would know about it...... people don't broadcast the good , only the negative

Closed Thread