Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A short List of Suggestions

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

A short List of Suggestions

Hello everyone,

I've been playing this game for a while now and there are a few features I would like to see implemented. Here's a brief of a few:

1 - New Units? perhaps a new unit like Elite Cavalry would be a nice addition to the game. Or even one simply called Knight?

2 - New Buffs? to be bought from the shop and to be built:
    - a tripling buff to be built (spring breeze, summer sun, autumn leave, winter snow - something that could change around the seasons perhaps?)
    - the possibility of building medipacks?
    - the possibility to build a buff that cuts down upgrading time (or accelerates the upgrading process)

3 - a button/option that makes it easy to automatically add all guild members to friends list.

4 - upgrade the emailing options, mail batches of people, with us being able to choose who from our friends lists, guild list, etc. The possibility within guild mail, to email only (and all) the guild's admin.

That's it!
    Thanks!
    nim.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,
    A few more suggestions:

5 - I think the voting system in regards to which items to show up on Guild Market is a great idea - and it would be lovely to have this possibility implemented regularly (once a month?). I think this would make the market more dynamic and people more involved with the game, for a greater rotation of things to buy would be beneficial for most players (not to say all, in my view). So it would be good if we could know a bit more about this feature in upcoming Dev's Diaries.

6 - I would like to see Decorations (building deeds like Crates, Flowerbeds, Wells and Wheatfields, Signposts and so on) implemented in Daily Quests. Both to acquire and to pay up from our stock. Again I think such a strategy would diversify both the market and add an even greater number of possible quests to the substantial number already present.

7 - A timer that would keep pace with the running of mines, deposits, fields, wells and perhaps even our storehouse. I understand this would require a substantial amount of server capacity but it would be a much useful tool to be implemented in the future - thus allowing us all to easily keep track of the time left for given resources to run out.

Hope you find these suggestions useful!
    Thanks!
    nim.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,
    Another suggestion that's been on my mind for a while now but that I forgotten to put here:
    8 - The ability to select both the entire group of generals to be sent AND to highlight the ones we want to send - and do a batch dispatch.

9- It would also be nice to know some info about your lootspot buyers generals:
    - if they are on the way, how many generals are they taking and how long for their arrival and, perhaps even, the troops they are carrying. I think this would make the completing of adventures a lot easier and streamlined.

Thanks!
    nim.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

And another one...

10 - The ability to rebuild farms and wells on our friends/guildies islands, with the resources coming out of our storehouse. This would ensure that people could support one another in very simple - but helpful - ways.

Thanks again!
    nim.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimurian View Post
    1 - New Units? perhaps a new unit like Elite Cavalry would be a nice addition to the game. Or even one simply called Knight?
    2 - New Buffs? to be bought from the shop and to be built:
    - a tripling buff to be built (spring breeze, summer sun, autumn leave, winter snow - something that could change around the seasons perhaps?)
    - the possibility of building medipacks?
    - the possibility to build a buff that cuts down upgrading time (or accelerates the upgrading process)
    3 - a button/option that makes it easy to automatically add all guild members to friends list.
    4 - upgrade the emailing options, mail batches of people, with us being able to choose who from our friends lists, guild list, etc. The possibility within guild mail, to email only (and all) the guild's admin.
    5 - I think the voting system in regards to which items to show up on Guild Market is a great idea - and it would be lovely to have this possibility implemented regularly (once a month?). I think this would make the market more dynamic and people more involved with the game, for a greater rotation of things to buy would be beneficial for most players (not to say all, in my view). So it would be good if we could know a bit more about this feature in upcoming Dev's Diaries.
    6 - I would like to see Decorations (building deeds like Crates, Flowerbeds, Wells and Wheatfields, Signposts and so on) implemented in Daily Quests. Both to acquire and to pay up from our stock. Again I think such a strategy would diversify both the market and add an even greater number of possible quests to the substantial number already present.
    7 - A timer that would keep pace with the running of mines, deposits, fields, wells and perhaps even our storehouse. I understand this would require a substantial amount of server capacity but it would be a much useful tool to be implemented in the future - thus allowing us all to easily keep track of the time left for given resources to run out.
    8 - The ability to select both the entire group of generals to be sent AND to highlight the ones we want to send - and do a batch dispatch.
    9- It would also be nice to know some info about your lootspot buyers generals:
    - if they are on the way, how many generals are they taking and how long for their arrival and, perhaps even, the troops they are carrying. I think this would make the completing of adventures a lot easier and streamlined.
    10 - The ability to rebuild farms and wells on our friends/guildies islands, with the resources coming out of our storehouse. This would ensure that people could support one another in very simple - but helpful - ways.
    Nice list of suggestions, but I think most of these have been posted before.
    (Which doesn't mean you shouldn't post them again, but does make it less likely that they will happen and thus people taking the time to respond to your suggestions)

This is my opinion:
    • 1&2 - I won't comment on these, since they are content related, and BB is already working on the science system.
    • 3 - I don't really understand why you would want to add all guildies to your friends list
    • 4 - As a guild officer, I've missed the option to send a mail to all other guild officers but not to all guild members often.
    • 5 - Interesting, but maybe once in 2 months
    • 6 - Decorations are decorations, let's keep the collectors happy and not add them to the quests
    • 7 - knowing how long a mine is still active is just a simple calculation: ([ore left] / [level of mine])*[minutes per "harvest"] and it would be fine if the time left only updated after each "harvest".
    • 8 - Yes, please, multi select the generals and send them all at once would be brilliant
    • 9 - Agreed, Time left for arrival would be handy, I often have to ask the lootspot buyer now
    • 10 -I would like to be able to appoint a "second in command" that could maintain my island when I'm holiday. But maintaining would mean rebuilding wells, wheat fields, mines and sending out geologists

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Fexno!
    Thanks for taking the time to reply to this post!
    A few comments of my own to what you said:
    3 - well observed: I hadn't really considered the possibility of people NOT wanting to add guildies to friends list... I think this is simply because I am in a friendly guild! Still, I think it would be nice to be able to simply select people from the guild members list and easily add them to your friend's list. It does help fora lot of daily quests...
    5 - Perhaps every month would be too short in terms of implementation and too quick a rotation of guild market items.
    6 - I hadn't considered that... but I still think a few (basic) decoration quests once every blue moon would be a nice addition to the game. Sorry!
    7 - Yep, it is simple calculation. I have something on one of my settlers online related spreadsheets for this purpose - but it would be great to just have this feature implemented in-game. Simpler, neater, and much more efficient and pratical.
    Couldn't agree more with the rest!
    Thanks again!
    nim.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi everyone,
    A few more suggestions to the seemingly ever expanding list...

11 - I think this has probably been mentioned before, but I will post it here in any case: the ability to see who has done their Guild Quest, when, at what time. Same thing in regards to the last log in time/date, and number of days inactive.

12 - Perhaps a second bar (vertical?) to be added to the window when we are adding units within the Barracks - so that we can easily send several batches of 25 units each. It becomes a bit taxing having to select the same button over and over again to do the same thing. So perhaps some way around it. Perhaps even a simple button that, at one press would add 25 units (within the unit making window) automatically to the queue. (still, I think we should still see the batches of 25 units in the queue as per usual).

13 - Perhaps add a small counter to the queue windows, to keep track of both how many batches of what are being done - and how many units (for each batch type) that represents.

Thanks!
    nim.
    Last edited by Nimurian; 12.06.13 at 08:11. Reason: additions to text

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

14 - It would be nice if we copy-paste more than one line of chat at a time. Don't know why but, at least with google chrome this is the best I can do. Being able to click-and-drag and select a whole page or more of conversation would be incredibly useful!

Thanks!
    nim.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

15 - The CANCEL button when we click on an open adventure. My first suggestion would be to leave an empty space between this button and the one above (Send Army), since it is quite easy to miss-click and hit the Cancel when about to send troops... The second suggestion is to change the wording when actually clicking the Cancel button. Instead of having OK and Cancel (again), why not simply Yes and No? It would make matters a lot clearer I think.

16 - Great idea to now be able to add names to units! Still, I think it would be nice, whilst doing an adventure (either alone or with other people) that these nicks we have given to our generals would show under our playing nick. This would not only add a bit more colour to the game, but would make it a lot easier for things to be organised on the adventure terrain, particularly when there are other players involved.

Thanks for listening!
    nim.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    17: Bookbinder production blocks rest of window, please add timer bar similar to provision house or recovering general so that costs of books and production times can still be read while producing a book.

18: Time clock for building times, in addition to resources required to build a building, add a clock icon and the minutes, especially useful for mines/wells/wheat fields.

19: Time clock for production house, in addition to resources required to create anything in the provision house, add a clock icon and the minutes.

20: Time clock for barracks, in addition to resources required to train units in the barracks, add a clock icon and the minutes.

21: Time clock for homepage in GMT maintenance time, to assist all settlers addicts in counting down to, and while waiting for maintenance to finish.
    Last edited by Natsar; 15.06.13 at 01:21. Reason: Added suggestions.

Reply to Thread