Reply to Thread

Thread: Increase resupply settlers faster with mayorhouse upgrade

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Increase resupply settlers faster with mayorhouse upgrade

Waiting for new settlers takes a long time. Even with the schools it's way too slow, one of the quests in the Fallen Army event proves my point. I figured, why not increase the speed that settlers are made if you upgrade your mayorhouse? For example:

Level 1 - 1 Settler / 15 min.
    Level 2 - 1 Settler / 12 min.
    Level 3 - 1 Settler / 10 min.
    Level 4 - 1 Settler / 8 min.
    Level 5 - 1 Settler / 5 min.

Let's assume you want to make an army of 2,5K. When you got 3 schools it still takes you almost 19 days, without even 26! In my plan it "only" takes you (if you MH is lev 5) 8.7 days, which is still long but a lot better...

I know you can use bread but I rather use bread to make buffs.
    Last edited by AndreKellner; 03.06.13 at 09:03.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    That's what mayor's house buffs are for.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    That's what mayor's house buffs are for.
    True but it would be nice if there were some bonus except for extra storage in upgrading mayor house ..

It actually doesn't make any sense that you build a big mayor house to get more storage !!!.

I do think that the level incitement is too big .. it should be
    level 1 - 1 settler 15 min,
    level 3, 1 settler 12,5 min and
    level 5 1 settler 10 min.

This would equvivalate to the mayor is able to make more efficient population decitions when mayorhouse is upgraded, and it would only mean that you could get 2 extra settlers pr. hour, which still would make some quests challenging, and mayor house buffs nescessary.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    The quest within Fallen Army was based on the time it takes for settlers to wander in as normal. With 2 love potions from marketplace it took just over a day I think. (I have one schoolhouse.) The rate they wander in to the mayors house has been thought out and everthing else is linked in to this time. Changing that would mean altering everything - and that takes away the pace of the game.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I disagree that this is some carefully balanced thing. It's almost certainly just a number picked from thin air.

But love potions were almost undoubtedly a high earner for BB in the crisis quest, so they're not going to do anything to reduce that demand when there's no real need for it.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    The quest within Fallen Army was based on the time it takes for settlers to wander in as normal. With 2 love potions from marketplace it took just over a day I think. (I have one schoolhouse.) The rate they wander in to the mayors house has been thought out and everthing else is linked in to this time. Changing that would mean altering everything - and that takes away the pace of the game.
    I don't agree. That it will be possible to increase the population production with 2 settlers pr. hour (my suggestion) will still give cause to buy love potions at the crisis or fallen army quest... but it will make it easier in normal play, where you want to produce soldiers.

Further more I stand by my other argument: It makes more sense that a mayor house increases population. If I want to store things I build storage houses and level them up, not a mayor house )

Reply to Thread