Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Where have all the adventures gone?

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I do understand your post. What you fail to understand is that the 3% is hearsay, if this was a court of law it would not be admissible as evidence. Unless you understand how computers generate random numbers you are not in a position to produce a compelling argument, if you do understand then you know that given how the random numbers are being used means that any player generated percentages are absolutely worthless.
    You are right I fail to understand. I fail to understand that computers generating random numbers are not subject to probality mathematichs in any way. I fail to understand that the 3% is a hearsay and not a statistic that a group of players on the german server calculated based on a large number of loot spots. I fail to understand that even if they are wrong and that the number is only 1% there is little or no probability that I should ever get one castle. I fail to understand that this is a court of law... or not... or whatever. I fail to see that statisics is worthless in probability calculations. I fail to see that the little slight of writing "if it was determined by maths alone " instead of writing "statistically speaking" should matter coming from one who doesn't have english as his first or even second language. I do understand that you are right and I am wrong. So you win this discussion and that's the end of it for me. (Seriously we will never agree so let's just stop there.)

Now, back to what I really came here for. I sent out all 16 of my explorers to find adventures and 9 (ta-dah) came back with adventures. So it still is possible to get lucky on adventure hunts. One even brought home SFTR. Hmm. Maybe I'll invite Nogbad to a trophy hunt.
    Last edited by Saraptheold; 09.10.13 at 22:10.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    When I first got my adventurer and started sending him out for adventures, he came back almost every time with a new adventure. Then I got a savage scout and sent him out on short adv searches. He too kept coming back with them. Then I got a quest for finding treasure, so sent them out for treasure. Once I completed the quest I went back to searching for adv.

That's when my luck ran out. Since that event several weeks ago, I am lucky to get 1 adv every 5-10 searches. While I logically think it's just randomness, I can't help but feel that it may have something to do with the number of adventures I have.

I have recently started doing my adv, almost 1 a day. Once I get through a few of them and the number of adventures drops in my star menu, I tend to get a spurt of new adv. 1 out of 2-3 searches. While all this sounds like I have worked out some elusive formula on how these searches work, the logical part of me insists its still random, and my mind is just finding a pattern. I honestly doubt the coders have done something this complex. If I was to program it, I would have just used a randomizer without relying on checking your current adv totals or anything.

If they actually do, do that, my hats off to the devs...haha. At the end of the day, I have plenty of adv to do, and my 2 adventurers go out searching 24/7. Just thought I would share my perceptions as a relatively new user. I am lv38 and consider myself fairly inexperienced in this game for now.

Reply to Thread