Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did all the granaite go??

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    BK is actually one of worst examples for granite.
    But if around 20 ls'es from various adventures (RB, VtV, SotV, Outlaws) don't yield granite in even 1 case it's closing to statistical miracle. Those adventures have chances between 25-33% for granite drop so should get about 4 in 20 in average case. Getting 1-2 in 20 would be unlucky. 0 is... very bad luck all around. And I'm not only one getting similar results.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    2-3k granite per day from treasure searches??

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    It's so funny that some people try to claim the granite drop rates are below the stated drop rates based on a sample of 30.
    Take some statistic classes and come back when you have done a few hundred

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Giddran View Post
    You guys are just silly, the granite drop and find is still the same. I'm getting 2000-3000 granite per day with my treasure searches and getting the expected granite from my adventures.
    Well yea we know that is not true. I have 17 explorers (which is the max) and if everyone of them returned 60 granite which is the top find that is still only 1020 granite. So please explain how you are getting 2k-3k granite per day I am very intrigued. Never ever has every single explorer returned granite which I think borders on an impossibility.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm quite well aware that 30 samples is not much. But look at it in other side - 30 samples totally without granite with theoretical average probability of even 20% also borders on impossible when using statistics. And it's not happening to one person - I know at least few others.
    And granite price is reflecting this quite well (it might be also dragged up because of discussions like this but it seems ppl see that there is much less granite to go around).

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    2-3k granite per day from treasure searches??
    Possible with the max of 15 explorers, all with science skills targetted to boosting Granite finds in Medium adventures, doing 3-4 medium searches per day...

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    Possible with the max of 15 explorers, all with science skills targetted to boosting Granite finds in Medium adventures, doing 3-4 medium searches per day...
    17 explorers is the max

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    17 explorers is the max
    lol - thanks PChamps, mis-counted...

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was trying to find a sheet with what each search can return and the percent chance, I only send my explorers for very long searches which is 1 day or 2 days for the normal explorers, I just cant see how you can get 2-3k granite.

Anyone got a link for such a sheet I am sure one is on this forum somewhere.

World
    Sandycove
    Looking at the Explorer Skills required to maximise granite income from Medium searches:
    Level 1:
    • 3 x Lucky Detour: Increases the chance of finding Granite on Medium Treasure Searches to 24%
    • 2 x Mountain Boots: Shorten the search time for all Treasure Searches by 6%

Level 2:
    • 3 x Extended Weekend: Shorten the search time for Medium Treasure Searches by 15%
    • 2 x Any other skill

Level 3:
    • 3 x Loot Wagon: Find 24% more Granite on Medium Treasure Searches
    • 2 x Sturdy Shovel: Find 6% more loot on all Treasure Searches

Level 4:
    • 3 x Pathfinder: Shorten the search time for all Searches by 15%
    No need to waste any more codex's on more skills, as this explorer will be primarily doing Medium Searches for Granite.

So, when doing a medium search, the following skills apply:
    • Increases the chance of finding Granite to 24%
    • Shorten the search time by 6%
    • Shorten the search time by 15%
    • Shorten the search time by 15%
    • Find 24% more Granite
    • Find 6% more loot

So, a normal Savage Scout, on a 6-hour-long medium search has 2.7% chance of finding 50 Granite, and 1.4% chance of finding 100 granite.

Assuming spectacular good luck, we'll assume every explorer comes back with 130 Granite, and search time is reduced to about 4 hours. 5 searches is possible (16 hours awake, 8 hours asleep), but we'll assume just 4 searches, because you can't catch your explorers the moment they come back, every 4 hours throughout the day, every day.

14 fast explorers = 14 * 130 * 4 (per day) = 7,280 granite per day
    3 slow explorers = 3 * 130 * 2 = 780 granite

That's 8,060 granite if every explorer finds the max, but...

The chance of finding granite is 24%, so this number is reduced to about 1,934

Also, finding granite doesn't mean finding the max - there's a 67% chance of finding half the amount, so, which works out as an average of about 1,289 granite per day, if all explorers are geared up perfectly for finding Granite on Medium Searches...

Seems you were right, PChamps, 2-3k granite per day is unlikely, but the numbers show that getting that much sometimes is definitely possible...
    Last edited by Jamdoggy; 01.02.14 at 18:01.

Reply to Thread