Reply to Thread

Thread: Extra filter choise for Trade Office

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Extra filter choise for Trade Office

I would like that you could check off if you want to buy or sell a specific item. If e.g. I want to buy brew, I want to be able to check off a box so all the trades where someone wants to buy brew is filtered out. Sometimes you can have 6 pages with trades you're not interested in.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    so type brew bro

, i know its not great for pinewood or hardwood, but everything else is pretty good

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I think he means he wants to buy brew and filter out the brew buyers from the brew sellers.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't know a way to filter exactly as KarstenL has suggested though I agree it would be handy but there are ways to narrow your searches beyond the tick boxes of the regular filter.

Clicking Offer, Cost: (random colon there), User, or Ends sorts things appropriately, clicking one twice reverses the list order:

(I use "Ends" a lot as it keeps the most recent offers at the top while clicking "Offer" will group all offers of the same item together and it's easier to flick through the pages.)

AND!

Please note the following link is in German so grab your favourite translation program.

Just last night I tripped over this: Siedler-Vision Trade Filter Tips

Here is a summary:

It's always driven me bats that if I need "Pinewood" (Logs) I must sift through Pinewood Planks as well to find them but lo! Adding a $ to the term: Pinewood$ (or Iron$, etc.) returns trades with only Pinewood (or Iron, etc.) A . can be used to exclude things and a | allows you to search for more than one item but fewer than "a whole random bunch". Marble|Steel Swords for example.

When you combine all the search options you can narrow things down quite tidily.

And let me just add: $! Glee! How I wish I had discovered you earlier! Thank you Siedler-Vision.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 08.06.13 at 13:32.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by HIZO7373 View Post
    so type brew bro

, i know its not great for pinewood or hardwood, but everything else is pretty good
    that's not what i meant. As Dorotheus says: if I want to buy brew, I only want to see the people that offers brew, not the ones that offer a comodity and want to get paied in brew. I did not know that you can click "offer" and get it sorted, as Iolanthe describes, which basically solves the problem. But except from that it should be very simple to allow for that filter.

I would suggest, though, that the coloumns is marked as to make it clear that you can sort on all coloumns.
    Last edited by KarstenL; 08.06.13 at 14:20.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    ah gj Iolanthe

glad you got it sorted karstenL

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    hmm after having looked at coin for trade, I would like to take this up again ... when searching for coin you can get up to 25 pages ... if you do a sort, you will still have to do a lot of clicks to find the few coins that is set for sale (most have other commodity that they want to sell for coins) ... so ... I'd like an "I want to buy this" checkbox so I only get the things for sale ) ... really .... pretty please ;o)

Reply to Thread