Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Change the name of Coins to be named Gold coins ingame

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Change the name of Coins to be named Gold coins ingame

Confusing Coins?

I stumbled with a question in guild channel asking,"is gc standing for guild coins and??"
    well,yes! i said.

At TO (trade office) players mix the shortenings for just coins.

Guild coins is the name in storehouse/mayors for just guild coins shortened=Gc,gc.
    Coins is just Coins!
    Coins is made of gold though,i guess many players use gc as shortening just for that.
    i think its confusing.

To the point!
    For new players this is totally confusing at TO (trade office).
    because again many players type gc as coins for an example.
    What shall i say to Members when they ask? type as you want! is the correct answer atm.

for me.
    Guild coins = gc (example,not ggc )
    Coins (made of gold) = c (not gc)

A game suggestion change would be to seperate the names of guild coins and coins even further, (example Guild coins to Guild gems)
    Or make Guild coins non tradeable.

/Astraldimension
    Last edited by Astraldimension; 09.06.13 at 13:49.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    This is mostly habit left over from before Guild Coins existed, it may slowly fade away like the term "Stacks" did when the trade cap was raised from 400 (one stack) to 'pretty much whatever' or it may stick around, habit is strong like that. But aye, looked at logically or with fresh eyes, it does seem odd.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Guild Coins weren't always around. Coins were called gc already before them, so when guild coins were introduced, traders had to figure out a way to separate between them. The most commonly used is ggc. If coins are gc, then the guild prefix adds an extra g. Think of it as guild gc.

So why are coins gc even though the actual name in storage is not gold coins, but just coins? If you thought that c would be used for coins, you should notice that 'c' alone is quite ambiguous. Coal also starts with c, so do cannons, crossbows, carriages and copper ore. Furthermore the letter c in the game is most commonly used for cavalry. So again, traders had to come up with a way to separate between the various resources with the initial C. And since coins are made of gold, using gc for gold coins was pretty easy and clear to everyone.

You can blame BB for the confusing naming. Why the new resource couldn't be guild tokens (gt), guild points (gp) etc. is something I don't have an answer for.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Cav! Thank you! I felt like I'd overlooked something but there's really no "resource" I could think of that uses "c" alone however for Cavalry it is the standard.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    What? Please read again!
    You cant sell cavalry.
    Of course its questions and game suggestion for BlueByte team not you.
    I dont want explainings how it became like it did,that is the past.
    Last edited by Astraldimension; 09.06.13 at 11:06.

World
    Sandycove
    when you use the trade channel, you will often see someone selling a lootspot, so you will for instance "WTS BK LS, 1C needed, 800gcs". The seller is saying,

"I want to sell a Black Knight Lootspot for 800coins - 1 cav required to get your kill".

The distinction between how c and gcs came about is now obvious and they will continue to be called that. The problem here is that the players are using the incorrect names for what BB has set them at, not the other way around.
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 09.06.13 at 12:20.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    what i thought
    ggc was guild gold coins
    gc was gold coins

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    we use gdc for guild coins, and gc for gold coins. works perfectly.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    quote"when you use the trade channel, you will often see someone selling a lootspot, so you will for instance "WTS BK LS, 1C needed, 800gcs". The seller is saying,

"I want to sell a Black Knight Lootspot for 800coins - 1 cav required to get your kill"."quote

What is the prority of what you mentioned and coins? I hope coins!

quote"The distinction between how c and gcs came about is now obvious and they will continue to be called that. The problem here is that the players are using the incorrect names for what BB has set them at, not the other way around."quote

Many players are using the incorrect shortening for coins in trade channel. BB team may have not thought it through,
    Can switch the idea that BB will change the name of coins and shall be named Gold coins and how about Guild?coins ,again this thread is a game suggestion.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgrubbinton View Post
    we use gdc for guild coins, and gc for gold coins. works perfectly.
    There is no Gold coins. Devs of this game should have named it Gold coins in my opinion,but they named it Coins.

Reply to Thread