Thread: [Tool] Science system calculator

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

[Tool] Science system calculator

Hello everyone!
    I want you present a new Science System calculator

Science system calculator

This is a base version. Now there is available whole process of adding skills to geologist skill tree.
    It allow to simple calculate time of producing all books.
    After clicking calculate the system reload page and allows user to copy URL link in order to share created skill combination with friends or on board.

Here you have some examples
    Gold finder - allows quickly find gold in better amounts.
    Copper searcher - This geologist can search for cooper quickly and are able to bring cooper ore (30% chance to get 50, 100, 250 cooper ore). It is cheap (only 13 books).
    With 5-6 geologists of that kind you will be able to get tones of cooper.

Change log
    Spoiler

07.06.2013: Production time was added
    07.06.2013: English version was prepared

Please enjoy yourself and feel free to make comments. You may also contact with me directly admin@settlersonline.info

Good luck and have fun
    KanE
    Last edited by Hmdw; 08.06.13 at 21:02.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Congratz for the work.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    The link appears to be broken.

World
    Sandycove
    yep none of the links working

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    The whole settlersonline.info website appears to be down

In the meantime, I've updated my spreadsheet of productions times and resources required for the live version of the science system

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

Please let me know if you spot any mistakes.
    Last edited by Gerontius; 13.06.13 at 14:09.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    We are back online after server crash. Hope you will enjoy new tool. New features coming soon.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Using the calculator you have to have 5 books applied to a level to be able to advance to the next. Requirements in game say that you need 5,10,15...etc books in the levels below, not minimum 5 books on each level. I have not tried it on my homeland but i have tried on the test server and found that you do not need 5 books on each level to advance.

I have 3 books applied to a skill on the 5th level, i do not want to apply any more books to the skills on that level, so i can apply 2 books further down the tree to advance to the next level and still reach the top (correct me if i am wrong).

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Why would you need more than 1 Copper searcher? Its done in no time.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    1/ At least the button's title (Calculate, Clear) should be translated, furthermore not only that few elements of the page. 2/ IMHO, no need for extra buttons, that two on panel (green, red) are pretty good for this functions. 3/ Would be nice, if could be go backward, so if I want replan without restart an empty tree or just accidentaly add a book to an item, I could take back. Also as easy, when I reach the maximum, the next click on an item nullify its quantity. 4/ AstonMartin is right, the tooltip should not show always 5 books required to open the next level, that should be exact. 4/ Would be nice, if could add books to locked levels, that way fixing some further targets, and sign it let say with red frame until level get opened. Then until there are red frames, can not calculate, just a message about the mistake. 6/ Should be nice calculate not only the time, but also consumpted materials assuming base level. 7/ What about Explorer?

So, it is nice, but could be better and a popular powerful planning tool with the mentioned changes on.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
    Using the calculator you have to have 5 books applied to a level to be able to advance to the next. Requirements in game say that you need 5,10,15...etc books in the levels below, not minimum 5 books on each level. I have not tried it on my homeland but i have tried on the test server and found that you do not need 5 books on each level to advance.

I have 3 books applied to a skill on the 5th level, i do not want to apply any more books to the skills on that level, so i can apply 2 books further down the tree to advance to the next level and still reach the top (correct me if i am wrong).
    I would also like this confirmed if possible

Reply to Thread