Reply to Thread

Thread: econamy

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

econamy

I have just spent a long while, placing buildings and upgrading, trying to get my economy all green......sadly this is in vain.

I can never get all green due to exotic wood.....everything to do with this resource will always be either yellow or red, Due to not having a steady income of logs.........would it not be better for such a resource, to set the economy at a storage level rather than income. Example

0 - 999 logs = Red

999 - 4,999 logs = Yellow

5,000+ logs = Green

This way gives a 2 fold solution.......1, You can accomplish a full green economy tree. 2, you get a warning of the level of your stock.

Just a thought.....anyone agree, or am i just too OCD about the game ?

World
    Newfoundland
    You could just pause the ews but seriously this isn't really a problem. I think maybe this is a little OCD... but hey who knows right, maybe I am in the minority on this one.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    im getting to the point in the game now where im thinking of ways to keep my interest........trying to get a full green economy tree is difficult and challenging especially at higher lvl's......1 which i would like to do.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I can see the point jackami78 is making. Essentially, if you have 1 log in stock or 100 000 logs in stock, the eco overview looks just the same. Not too informative. I would make a slight change to the suggestion though. The color should be tied to some dynamic value, either level of stock or level of production. It's a lot better than some fixed number of items, as the stock size and consumption vary wildly between players. So a lv50 player with 3 exotic sawmills at lv5 will surely think his stock is low at 3000 logs, whereas someone who just built their 1st lv1 exotic saw would be totally comfortable with such amount.

Option 1 - Consumption
    -Red if stock runs out in less than a day with current consumption
    -Yellow if stock runs out in less than a week with current consumption
    -Green if stock is more

Option 2 - Storage
    -Red if stock is below 10% of storage capacity
    -Yellow if stock is below 25% of storage capacity
    -Green if stock is more

Personally I prefer option 1 tied to consumption.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks King-Fero....i agree with both your options....and also think the first 1 of yours is probably the better.......at least that way....if you turned off your exo wood mill/xbow maker...so on, the exo wood logs would stay green.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Fero View Post
    I can see the point jackami78 is making. Essentially, if you have 1 log in stock or 100 000 logs in stock, the eco overview looks just the same. Not too informative. I would make a slight change to the suggestion though. The color should be tied to some dynamic value, either level of stock or level of production. It's a lot better than some fixed number of items, as the stock size and consumption vary wildly between players. So a lv50 player with 3 exotic sawmills at lv5 will surely think his stock is low at 3000 logs, whereas someone who just built their 1st lv1 exotic saw would be totally comfortable with such amount.

Option 1 - Consumption
    -Red if stock runs out in less than a day with current consumption
    -Yellow if stock runs out in less than a week with current consumption
    -Green if stock is more

Option 2 - Storage
    -Red if stock is below 10% of storage capacity
    -Yellow if stock is below 25% of storage capacity
    -Green if stock is more

Personally I prefer option 1 tied to consumption.
    The main direction wasn't aimed at a lack of information, "trying to get my economy all green" its an OCD issue, but whatever man, not one to judge, free will and all that, I suffer from OCD sometimes. As far as altering the game based on we want more information, well that's never a bad thing and only a fool would argue against it. But there are some other ideas being bounced around out there at the moment that would put this on a back burner, for example: being able to send all generals at once, Being able to empty a general of all troops with a single click, the buff improvements (ready made lists) the building upgrades being displayed within the building tab and not hidden behind tree's and the like.

based on the initial post, this is not really a problem imo. As for your ideas King-Fero, nice but not really high priority when comparable to other issues, also they seem very similar to the anno online system (not a bad thing) as I like that system.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 10.06.13 at 12:14.

Reply to Thread