Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: The Fairy Tale Adventure

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    What is the dimension of the Magnificent Residence. I'm wondering if its the usual 2x2 tiles like regular buildings. or is it like the watermill 3x2

World
    Sandycove
    maybe it will be 4x3
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Gold tower must be 3x2 like watermill. Since it is similar to the witch tower. and witch tower is 2x3. going the opposite diagonal from the watermill.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am taking a guess after looking at the build up of the house and say the back part will be 6x2 and the front part 2x2, so the space of 4 nobles...

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelob81 View Post
    I am taking a guess after looking at the build up of the house and say the back part will be 6x2 and the front part 2x2, so the space of 4 nobles...
    if it takes up 4 nobles worth. it needs to be at least 280+ capacity.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    I guess removing them was a good idea. because it forces people to go on adventures now to get them. otherwise, everybody would just be farming them on their island without ever doing an adventure. (of course they can also be acquired through the explorer and trading). We don't need more deposit nodes. They're more of a chore right now than anything. Thank god for the new Gold Towers.

We already have a list of chores as is.

1. rebuild water wells for those who don't have enuf watermills.
    2. rebuild wheat field for those who don't have enuf silos.
    3. rebuild meat for those who don't have deerhuts
    4. rebuild fish deposits.
    5. rebuild cooper mines for those who don't have unlimited cooper mines
    6. rebuild gold mines.
    7. rebuild iron mines.
    8. search for marbles.
    9. search for stones.

Do we really need to add more chores like granite mines?

These things are chores. We don't need them.
    We need interesting adventures/quests. PVP?
    PVE island economy with mix of combat?
    I don't want to see them back on home isle either.. I believe it would be a step backwards, In my opinion it makes sense to have some "elite" resources, that are hard to gather and valuable. In fact I would like to see rarer items brought in to play. special one off items... certain items only available for a short period of time etc etc, Like the golden ship from anno, or a perfect windforce from diablo 2, ultima online had rares, it does work. imagine the bragging rights? :P
    Last edited by Brayarg; 12.06.13 at 09:34.

World
    Newfoundland
    Gold tower must be 3x2 like watermill. Since it is similar to the witch tower. and witch tower is 2x3. going the opposite diagonal from the watermill.
    Witch Tower is 2x2 (like a normal building).

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    We already have a list of chores as is.

1. rebuild water wells for those who don't have enuf watermills.
    2. rebuild wheat field for those who don't have enuf silos.
    3. rebuild meat for those who don't have deerhuts
    4. rebuild fish deposits.
    5. rebuild cooper mines for those who don't have unlimited cooper mines
    6. rebuild gold mines.
    7. rebuild iron mines.
    8. search for marbles.
    9. search for stones.

Do we really need to add more chores like granite mines?

These things are chores. We don't need them.
    Solutions:

1. Buy more watermills.
    2. Buy more silos.
    3. Buy deerhuts.
    4. Put more fish food into the fish deposits / ask for "unlimited fish deposit".
    5. Buy unlimited copper mines.
    6. Why are you letting your gold mines run out? Pause them and use gold refills instead.
    7. Put up with this / don't build them and buy iron ore from the Trade Office / ask for "unlimited iron mines".
    8. Put up with this / demolish the masons and make marble from stone in the Provision House / buy marble from the Trade Office / ask for "unlimited marble mines".
    9. Put up with this / demolish the masons and buy stone from the Trade Office / ask for "unlimited stone mines".

Those are some potential solutions to these chores. Hmm - a lot of them will cost gems and I would think that people might complain that they were being 'forced' to spend a lot of money on the game. Free options always will take time and effort: either accept that or pay for not doing the chores.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Gytha_Ogg View Post
    I see a lot of people claiming to have no space on their islands, may I just ask all of you who are doing so to step back and take very analytical and critical look at your home islands.

Do you really need a population limit of over 5k? If so why?

Do you really need as many silo's? And if you do maybe You don't need as many marble masons if you are not replanting fields every day, who knows may be even a tool maker may be able to go too. Friaries replace 4 breweries, floating residencies can replace nobles and a level 5 watermill can replace 5 wells

Yes I know it would be hard to demolish those L5 buildings but I would do it in a heartbeat.

All speaking as a player of course.
    As a level 50 who has a pop limit of 7k, most buildings upgraded to L5 and no room... I have no wells: all watermills, all of the floating residences possible, a friary. I have around 40 silos and still need around 10 more to avoid seeing the majority of my fields collapse everyday by evening login, I have a small surplus in production on marble and tools but it's taken many, many months to get even approaching my storehouse capacity of 200k (as per the quest that asks you to do this). I need the 7k pop limit in order to be able to do up to 4 adventures a day without having to wait for troops to replenish.

Silos and watermills are far too underpowered for the space they consume, this problem is of BB's poor design.

The only thing that will make sense is if the new residence truly does have a great capacity, it is a big building so for it to actually make any true difference it needs to have a capacity of at least 1000. That way, all the players with full islands can start to remove nobles. Yes it will be a pain especially if they are level 5 but that's the game.

With Science and all these new buildings players could be forgiven for thinking they need another island of the same size again to fit them all in!
    Last edited by Baggis; 12.06.13 at 13:29.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    With Science and all these new buildings players could be forgiven for thinking they need another island of the same size again to fit them all in!
    A lot of them do think they need another island. Not sure that they actually want to pay for it, though.

Reply to Thread