Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild quests "Experience at least 2 new adventures"

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle

Guild quests "Experience at least 2 new adventures"

We were all welcoming of the 200 new guild quests introduced recently, looking forward to not having to incessantly do IotP every other day. But... over the last couple of weeks it has turned into "experience at least 2 new adventures" every other day! This is not progress.

Maybe it's just an unfortunate sequence (these things happen), which is why I'm starting this thread. Have other guilds/players noticed a similar frequency of this task?

And to be clear why I think it's a problem - I want to play the game with a bit of freedom, I want to enjoy adventures and play them mostly when I want to and not as some daily grind to meet an imposed target. If one is in a guild then one wants to do the best for it, but having a daily grind of HAVING (not CHOOSING) to do adventures and get loot spots is not adding to my enjoyment, it's making it a chore, just like building wells and mines. It's making me seriously think of taking a break from guild membership just to get a break from constantly having to do adventures and loot spots to someone else's schedule instead of my own.

Thoughts?

World
    Newfoundland
    I actually agree with you, I left a guild because it was being taken to an extreme. I want to be able to play my way and not be dictated to by the guild quests...back then it was iotp, I don't even like that adventure and I felt I was put into a potion of HAVING to do it, again and again and again . Not to mention the expectations being put on people to complete it and quickly (sorry if a ex guild member reads this its not a dig, but it is an area that needs a little work from BB) in the end was just easier to quit the guild. It reminds me of the daily's from WOW... didn't like them much either.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 12.06.13 at 09:04.

World
    Sandycove
    What do you mean new guild quests? I have yet to see anything new. All we seem to get is deposit 1800 meat, buy 1000 water and .... nope, that seems to be it pretty much. The same ones that we have been doing for months. 200 new ones and we have yet to see a single one of those

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree we have had a lot of 'adventure' quests in our guild, including those where there is an imposed limit on the number of certain types of troops you can use. Luckily my guild is very supportive and not too insistent on everyone finishing on the first day. However those who aren't very experienced at adventures or just don't like adventuring much are getting pretty fed up. We have had to set up an adventure bank, lootspots are being offered but this does mean that the more experienced players are constantly using up resources on adventures so they can offer lootspots to lower ranking players. Adventures once a week or once every couple of weeks is fine just not every day!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    We've had 1 player leave the game, as the new quests was just the last drop...

Ofc it could just be chance, but we do seem to get a very large proportion of completing adventures, be it 1 or 2 random ones, IotP or DP. We want the guild to be a nice and supportive place. Somewhere you can relax and enjoy the game. This is becoming difficult to do. (People are feeling bad, as they feel that they are letting other guild members down)
    Those that can complete as soon as possible. We have players with time constraints, others have plenty of time.

To me this is a relaxed game. Having daily quests appearing, implies that it should be doable to complete in a day, without spending all your waking hours actively playing. If it is intended that guilds are only supposed to complete 3-4 quests a week - then please provide us with a list of the quests, so that guilds can be allowed to make a judgement of what is achievable, and along with that - return the ability for more than just the guild creator to cancel the quests.

I'd really like to see a list of the quests and what they entail for the different levels

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Seen exactly the same as the OP.
    Instead of Pirates every other day, now it's "Experience 2 new adventures".
    Was hoping for less of these, not more.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Seen exactly the same as the OP.
    Instead of Pirates every other day, now it's "Experience 2 new adventures".
    Was hoping for less of these, not more.
    +1

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    our guild seems to get that 2 adventure quest over and over. been having a lot of unhappy members.
    just wish we could have a few different ones .

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    We just had "experience 2 (not) new adventures" followed by "own at least 3 fingers & an ear" & we have "do IotP" waiting.

There aren't enough IotPs in Sandycove to keep doing this.

I wonder. I really do. I wonder if there's a link between timer resets & a possible random sequencer reset. So instead of a long cucumber of randomness, we keep getting a very short lentil of predictability.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    There's always enough IotPs. They're available for map fragments. :-)

But yea. I agree. These quest requirements especially guild quests need to be toned down or removed. They're road blocks to completing guild quest. You can't delete them. Or at least the player can't only the guild leader.

Reply to Thread