Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trees gone crazy....

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    and if i shut em down and deposits go and then the cutters should go further?? lol this is not a solution.. this just screws up your production even more...

World
    Sandycove
    Ok let me try to explain somewhat more clearly.
    What is happening is that the production of a forrester is set to 0 in the economy overview when all deposits are full. I'm not saying that this is a feature or a bug, it just is.

To help people getting a somewhat more useful result from the economy overview I suggested to turn some forresters off for a while. This will indeed lead to deposits going empty, but that is just the point. As long as your forresters are able to fill up deposits you have a usefull figure in your economy overview. It will still go up and down a bit, but within normal bounds.

So if you don't want to shutdown your forresters... don't... but you'll have to accept you can't use the economy overview for usefull information about the forresters, at least untill they'll change it again.

They changed the workings of the economy view because the community requested that upgrading buildings would not count towards the production in the economy overview. I'm guessing that the easiest way to implement that feature was to just ignore all building that are not doing anything at that moment. Unfortunately that has the side effect that the forrester production will do what it does now.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    why would you not want an upgrading building to count in the overview, because it is only for a very brief time that it is upgrading

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifreakout View Post
    why would you not want an upgrading building to count in the overview, because it is only for a very brief time that it is upgrading
    Upgrading to level 5 normally takes a week
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    ye well whatever the case i had a diamond clear view of my production before the update always showing the right +- and now I REPEAT EVEN WITH DEPOSITS NOT FULL it goes up and down..

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Personally I ignore economy view for some things like pinewood - because it depends so much on which deposit the cutters and foresters are going to right now, it does not reflect what will happen over next 12hrs or what happened over previous 9hrs. My Foresters are normally showing in the red but I don't see tree stumps or 0 deposits.
    I think that this anomaly should be given a very low priority for fixing. It does not affect actual game play. Many more pressing bugs and promissed improvements to deliver. But then again I think the economy overview took some of the challenge out of the game. I would prefer BB to give access easy to the raw data and let others develop economy tools etc. BB should focus on core game functionality and bugs.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Posted about this before. Basic math.

The economy overview is broken or the game is broken.
    I have posted before, and no doubt I will post again, and support do not reply.

Not sure if it is just me but here is the problem

Pinewood, wheat, coal, will stick with these as these have not changed for a long time.

So my map has been the same for at least 4 months, apart from adding the paper and book stuff (which makes my case even stronger)

So this how my overview looks
    Pinewood logs, 12,248 in - 12,432, lose 48 logs every 12 hours, that 96 a day, which is a lose of 2688 (ish) a month
    wheat, 6,983 in - 7471 out, lose 488 wheat every 12 hours, that 976 a day, which is a lose of 27,328 (ish) a month
    Coal, 8,839 in - 1,050 out, lose 1,211 coal every 12 hours, that 2,422 a day, which is a lose of 67,816 (ish) a month

I NEVER turn buildings off which use the above resources, if anything I am buffing my bakery and my weapon/metal smiths so I use more of the above resources.
    So can someone please tell me why I have
    5k Wheat
    34k pine logs
    28k coal

I do not buy any of the above, and tbh I give around 20k a coal a week to my GF

So how on earth am I gaining these resources.

The same for hardwood logs as well, I seem to use more water then I can ever make.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    The pinewood forresting calculation is for sure one big miss:
    Last month I had only level 3 forresters. My tree planting was at about -800.
    This month I upgraded most of them to level 4. I didn't change my pinewood cutters, but I'm still at about -800

Just like you, I noticed the same things with pinewood and coal. It seems fine most of the time; going down when you are expecting it to go down. But then, all of a sudden there's a higher amount in your warehouse as expected.
    I've never been able to explain it. Perhaps it has something to do with the system going down for maintenance from time to time, which messes up to calculation and does a strange refund?

With wheat however, I never had an issue. But that's perhaps I'm always producing a positive amount of it.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 29.07.13 at 16:52.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The trees and wheat are subject to change due to the fact the walking distance changes, i.e. when one field depletes the next is used and when a tree is gone he walks further.

The coal I didnt understand as you said 8839 in and 1050 out which would mean you are making 7789 every 12 hours

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    sorry the coal should of been 10,050.
    I do not believe the walking distance would change that much.

Reply to Thread