Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: [Contest] Settlers: The Movie

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Here is my entry for new sci-fi thriller.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    '
    I might continue this poster if I have time. It's the city where the witch of the swamp lives. Read the text and you understand the story behind it.
    -----------------
    Director = Zack Snyder

Roles:
    Slave = Tom Hardy
    Lady = Olivia Wilde
    Healer = Jeff Bridges
    Witch (voice) = Lena Headey

Time period = Ancient Rome with low fantasy.

Title = When we run out of heroes

The slave and the Lady have a affair. One night they talk about their future and the lady tells that if something happened to the her the slave would be killed for having a affair. The lady promises to give him his freedom soon when the time is right.

The slave is fixing a ladder on inner court when the Lady of the house screams. Lady has fallen ill. The healer of the village tells that she can only be cured by deep dream where the healer has to enter. When the healer and the Lady are in deep dream the house is attacked by bandits. The slave is able to defeat them but healer gets a fatal wound. With his last strengts he tells to seek out witch of the swamp, she's the only one near enough to help the lady.

Witch of the swamp lives in a city that is build inside of a mountain. The slave gets a permission to talk to the witch but no outsiders are allowed to see the witch in person. The conversation happens with a interpreter who translates witches cryptic language. The slave receives a strange amulet that somehow seems familiar. The feeling is fast shaken off as the interprenter says: "This should help you to remember other peoples memories that have worn this amulet. Even the great witch (of the swamp) has worn it. By wearing it you should remember how to cure your wife (*wife and lady has the same word in old cryptic language that the witch uses)".

As the slave leaves the city some faces seem familiar and he can name people he has never seen. Seems like the amulet really works. But when the other memories start filling not just the slaves dreams but his daily life he starts to question everything. What has really happened to him and to others? "What have I really done and do I know these people? Was the Lady really ill? Was she my Lady or Wife? Was I the healer? Was I the slave? Were we under a attack by bandits or were they my innocent slaves who tried to stop me as I tried to suffocate my own wife? Did I by this jewelry for our anniversary? Am I... a murderer?"

In the end it is revealed by flashbacks that he really was master of the house and he bought a jewelry for their anniversary. Unfortunately he tried it on and the jewelry flashed a memory from previous owner whose wife had a affair with another man. The man couldn't tell the difference between real and false memory so he murdered his own wife.
    Last edited by Hoen; 02.07.13 at 17:09. Reason: added director and poster

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not settling

director: tim burton

dark almost colourless world an old house man and a boy eating scene at the beginning.
    the story tells of a young boy who lives and works in a small village wich is rapidly expanding
    the boy is a water carrier while his father is constantly changing jobs copper miner, toolmaker, brewer,,,
    the life in village is hard but nice
    one day the boy sees a strange reflection in window a young girl who is apparenly looking at them all from above
    and she is holding something in her right hand
    the reflection disapeares
    days go by suddenly the life in village changes production of weapons begins and the young boys father is drafted in the army
    boy runs to the well crying and when he takes water from the well to wash his face he sees a new reflection
    a young boy with a grinn on his face and same strange object in his hand he decides to go and talk to the village elders
    they tell him the story about the creator "the player" who had made all that is guided and helped them
    but the player had suddenly changed and started killing and destroying
    boy told what he had seen to the elders and they send him on a quest to find the original player

is there a way to complete the quest is there a "outside" of the island
    will the boy find a way to the original player can he stop his father from being killed
    you will also see if there is a way to fall in love with your creator or will everything be destroyed

an animation by SIR films
    voices:
    creator girl :milla kunis
    the boy: will smith
    creator boy:jim carrey
    the father:abe vigoda

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you all for your great entries, contest results will be announced at some point today!

Best

BB_Dantesama
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    The huntsman

It was a warm autumn day when young Jack sneaked through the forest on the trace of a deer. He was a hunter from a small village down the river. All his senses were active and noticing every rustle and every change of the wind. Suddenly a pain went through his hearth and he knew something was terribly wrong. When he looked back to his village he saw smoke rising. He forgot about the deer and run back to his village worried about his family and friends. When he finaly reached it he's heart stopped beating for a moment and he started to cry out loud. Some bandits had stolen everything, taken all the people with them and burnt what they left behind.
    He must have been sitting on a rock for houres, when he heard some noises. Following it he found his friend Will under the ruins of the taverne. Somehow Will succeeded to hide from the bandits and wasn't even injured. The two friends deicided to follow the track of the bandits although they didn't had any plan or the strenght to beat them. On the long way they found several people from other villages, who somehow could hide from the bandits when they attacked their village. Mostly they were farmers, forresters or miners. So they were already 13 mens and womens when they finally reached the bandits camp during the night. After discussing dangeroues and heroical plans for houres somewhere hidden in the forrest they suddenly heared the sound of a horn. The bandit camp woke up and the bandits were running around, shouting and preparing for battle. As most of the bandits were moving towards the open field our fellows saw their chances to strike. With hunter bows, axes and forkes they entered the camp from behind and fought against the few remaining bandits. So they could free their friends and families. But they were not stealing away afterwards. As they saw it was their king fighting the bandits they took the chance and attacked the bandits from behind. The battle was short afterwards as the bandits got into panic and everyone just tried somehow to save his own life. So they run away in every possible direction hunted by the soldiers of the king to bring them to justice.
    Our fellows and all the villagers returned to their places and lifted happily ever after.

Directed by David Benioff
    Huntsman: Richard Madden
    Will: John Bradley
    King: Peter Dinklage
    Bandit leader: Mark Addy
    Last edited by JaqenHghar; 04.07.13 at 09:26.
    To smile is to survive.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Without further ado, here are the winners for Settler Movie Contest!

Well done!

1) Soulsnake wins 3500 gems

2) Hoen wins 2500 gems

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post229241

3) Gerontius wins 1500 gems

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post229039

4) Alinora wins 1000 gems

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post225588

5) Merkraad wins 1000 gems

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post225761

6) TheShortestName wins 1000 gems

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post225770

Well done guys

Gems will be credited at some point today!

Last edited by BB_Dantesama; 04.07.13 at 14:52.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Closed Thread