Reply to Thread

Thread: Saltpeter buff

World
    Northisle

Saltpeter buff

I was talking recently with one of my TSO friends about the whole Science upgrade and how it temporary messed prices on our server... we are observing price rises of titanium ore which finally is being used to produce something valuable (book fitting).
    For now there is only one resource which actually isn't used at all, besides some bored players who actually convert it to gun powder.

The idea is simple and probably not very original but make sense:
    Why not using it to produce some kind of Fertilizers which could be used on farms or wheatfields in some way.

For example it could be converted in Provision house to create either long lasting buffs (like 24hrs), triple/quad buffs or to create buffs which could be thrown on the fields to make them larger.
    Obviously some common sense should be applied so there is actual gain from it not loss, even if its worthless at this moment its still quite rare resource.
    Examples of the buff:
    1 Fertilizer = 25 Saltpeter -> double buff x24hrs on farm, triple buff x12hrs (no gain from friend buff in both concepts);
    1 Fertilizer = 5 Saltpeter -> doubles the current volume of wheat on the field, but can be used only once on one field, cannot be used on refilled fields.

That is basically it, I appreciate further comments.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    excellent idea - i dont know one person who makes gunpowder or has any use for salt..

A buff for farms would be a neat idea..

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

At the moment, as a level 42 player, saltpeter is the loot that no one wants to receive after killing off all your troops or buying a loot spot.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1, oh and tit ore price should drop since you will loot more then you need I think. and making gunpowder is a boredom thing. gunpowder isn't used also but helps store salt

World
    Northisle
    +1

World
    Sandycove
    Good idea... I like it :-)
    Level 42 just now & I have acquired far too much saltpeter, would be good to find a use for something that has very little sale appeal.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    They found a use for titanium ore with the new science system. No game developer wants a unused resource in game, such unused resources can in the worse cases impact badly on game play. This places the onus on the developer to devise ways that such resources become useful to players, failure to do this flies in the face of common sense. Logically BB must be working on means to make the unused resources useful, the currently under test "fairy tale adventures for high level players" does indicate that BB are working on the means.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm just going to +1 this idea again. I love it so much, and wheatfields running out is one of the most annoying parts of the game. It would be great if you could make refills, for players who can't afford silos.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have alot of salt and i am in the process of building a powder hut as...well there is little more for me to do, but this is a good idea.

However...consider most players who have a lot of salt are higher level players so the probably have silos too or are on the way to obtaining silos, so it might be a better idea if either (a) introduced Musketeers, many a mixture of cav and cannons abilities or (b) used your buff idea for more than just wheat fields.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Reply to Thread