Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Question of Style Quest

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Why do you need gold for the advanced science buildings?
    You don't. You need an advanced economy, that's what I was pointing out. The ornamentalsmith actually uses titanium ore, but since we don't have (yet) titanium mines I think (my opinion, not fact ) they substituted gold production as an indicator.

I can sort of understand people being anxious to complete any quest they are given - it's an OCD thing for me - but some quests just have to be done when one is ready, and this is one of those. If people want to build enough buffed lvl1 gold smelters, then fine, but then they will just be presented with quests to build advanced paper mill and ornamentalsmith and those WILL require 6,000 granite.

Anyway, back to the point... I don't think the 1,200 in 12 hours rate is a mistake, I just think it's a high hurdle to clear before opening up the next quests.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    So does ore and/or coins add to it, or is it just 1200 bars/12h that we need?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hmm, actually coinages will use more production value of gold (bars) than they'll give (coins), so I guess you should pause them for this quest in any case.

Assuming it's indeed net production value, and not just gross production.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    must be 1200 in 12 hours like it says, I personally have produced at least 3 times that since the quest opened up.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Apparently, ore production doesn't help. So I guess it's just gold bar production you need.

At the moment I have +628 for bars and +614 for ore (1242 - 628 for smelters) -> total of +1242, but doesn't work for the quest.

World
    Sandycove
    Oh dear some are not going to be too happy, they must have changed the question of style quest during the last maintenance and dropped the gold to 60 ore /12hr cos I just completed it at that level...no need for all those smelters, glad I left it alone

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    Oh dear some are not going to be too happy, they must have changed the question of style quest during the last maintenance and dropped the gold to 60 ore /12hr cos I just completed it at that level...no need for all those smelters, glad I left it alone
    Well, looking on the bright side - the figure has been changed. Looking on the less than bright side - it has been changed after some people have done the quest.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    u dont need to use smelters. i did mine with mines

Reply to Thread