Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Question of Style Quest

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

A Question of Style Quest

Part of the quest is have a production value of 1200/12hr of Gold. Reward is 1040 XP. Now work out what its going to cost, you need 2 gold smelters one at lvl 3 one at lvl 4.work out the cost of building them and then upgrading to lvls 3/4. Then they need buffing to achieve the goal. Its just not worth it, I think someone at BB seriously miscalculated this one or maybe meant to type 120 per hr and mistyped an extra 0.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I would have to agree... sounds more like 120 is the right value

World
    Northisle
    i just completed this quest but i only have a gold production value of 452/12hrs

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I know a few guildies of mine managed to complete with well under the required amount, could be bugged or just triple output buffs.
    Last edited by Damnrightson; 19.06.13 at 03:24.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Just to point out that you can build a few lev 1 gold smelters, ( 1 guy I know had to build 7 ) and buff them to get the required amount. It'll still cost u tools marble and hardwood but u wont have to upgrade, then just knock em down for a quarter resources back.

I have a lev 5 gold smelter and even with an exo basket on I still had to build an extra 3 lev 1 smelters and buff them. Unfortunately it all costs more than the actual reward for completing the quest but that's the price to pay for clearing it from your quest menu!

World
    Northisle
    i've only got 2 level 2 smelters and applied aunt irmas basket on them both. i logged out for a bit and when i logged back in it popped up saying i had completed the quest even though my gold production was at 452/12hrs

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Haven't done this myself yet, but if you really do have to get as high as 1200/12h, just use a bunch of level 1 smelters. It'll be much cheaper as they only cost hwp/marble/tools. And if you don't have licenses, just temporarily take down some mines.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    to the people who completed the quest with out reaching 1200/12hr, could it be that all ur gold production(ore coin bars) added up 2 1200/12hr and thats why u completed. Kinda makes the quest easier to complete and explains the wording?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    The quest is tough because it leads you into the advanced book building quests. Anyone building the advanced paper mill and ornamentalsmith will/should have a well developed gold production system. It's a gateway to those advanced buildings.

It's one of those quests you just have to leave until your island is ready to do it. I could build 3 more level 1 smelters, buff everything and finish it, but what's the rush when I currently don't have the 6,000 granite needed to create the buildings that will be next on the quest line?

I think it's not a mistake. I think some people just need a little more patience about completing it.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Why do you need gold for the advanced science buildings?

Reply to Thread