Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible problem with geologists sometimes not finding an available deposit

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle

Possible problem with geologists sometimes not finding an available deposit

I sent out 3 jollys to search for marble. There were several exhausted deposits to be re-found.

When the reports came back, in quick sequence within a couple of seconds of each other, they said:
    1. Your geologist has found a new Marble deposit!
    2. Your geologist did not find a new Marble deposit, because you already have too many deposits of this type.
    3. Your geologist has found a new Marble deposit!

Why did geo number 2 not find the deposit that was found by geo number 3 a second or two later?

On looking over my island, there was one available marble deposit left to be found (in sector 8). Why did geo 2 not find this one?

I have seen reports on help channel from other people of something similar happening.

Has a new bug been introduced. Are geologist occasionally not finding available deposits?

World
    Northisle
    this has happened to me too a couple of times.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    4: Mines not being found, while they still are depleted

your reply :
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    All of the above "bugs" are the result of lag, usually caused by a poor connection.

Check that you're not using the computer to do anything else that might reduce your bandwidth. The game gets easily confused if messages from your computer to the server get interrupted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I have the same thing happen regularly with the Jolly geolist looking for stone

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    This happen to me for Marble and Iron mines...any solution for this bug?

My network bandwith isn't doing anything else...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Pando View Post
    This happen to me for Marble and Iron mines...any solution for this bug?

My network bandwith isn't doing anything else...
    Normally a refresh fixes it, it appears to be when the game somehow falls out of sync between client and server
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Did you, by any chance, send out a normal speed geologist at the same time? If so, he might have 'reserved' the find.

I've had a few where the 'found' deposit doesn't show until after a refresh, not ones mid-way through a group hunt though.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I've had no problems before or since. Can't replicate it. Don't know what it might have been but there were other geologists searching for stuff, yeah...

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    They actually find stuff on a first-sent-first-served basis. The allocation goes to whichever geologist was sent first.

You can test this on a stone deposit (if just one is depleted). Send a slow one followed by a fast one. The fast one will come back empty before the slow one comes back successful.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    They actually find stuff on a first-sent-first-served basis. The allocation goes to whichever geologist was sent first.

You can test this on a stone deposit (if just one is depleted). Send a slow one followed by a fast one. The fast one will come back empty before the slow one comes back successful.
    no.
    When there are 3 depleted mines and 3 geos sent out, they should all find a mine.
    None will find one at times.
    I have always said there's a loop, time is set back. Some disagreed, but now the testserver has the same loop problem i have for months.
    And here with the restarting geologist and deposits not being found.
    Several times i get to messages when a geo returns, 2x saying he found a new stone deposit and sometimes he found one and didn't find one.
    Time is set back.

Reply to Thread