Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bookbinder Queue

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The only reason right now to upgrade the buildings would be if you wanted to make a business out of it and sell the goods but again, who would want to buy them when there will be a major surplus all the time (except for right now when the system has just been implemented)? My prediction is that Nibs and such will soon be almost worthless rubbish on the market.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Even if that's the case (which I believe it is), any excess can be sold. I'm sure there are plenty of higher levels who arent going to worry about finding the 6 spots for the production buildings and will just buy the materials off the TO.

It's kind of a win/win at the moment imho

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    One quick example:

a lvl 5 book binder will need 250 simple paper per 12h
    I have a lvl 4 simple paper which makes 248 / 12h

For me thats enough with a buff but any lower lvl than that and you wouldn't have enough. Numbers have been changed from the test version to live.

a lvl 5 binder needs 200 nibs
    I have a lvl 4 finesmith making 184 / 12h

Again, as you see I'd need to buff or build a second one to have the minimum.
    Last edited by stefanceltare; 14.06.13 at 08:12.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanceltare View Post
    One quick example:

a lvl 5 book binder will need 250 simple paper per 12h
    I have a lvl 4 simple paper which makes 248 / 12h

For me thats enough with a buff but any lower lvl than that and you wouldn't have enough. Numbers have been changed from the test version to live.

a lvl 5 binder needs 200 nibs
    I have a lvl 4 finesmith making 184 / 12h

Again, as you see I'd need to buff or build a second one to have the minimum.
    u only making script what about tome and codex. R u going to make them? If u do then u the calculation is diffrent
    DT

World
    Northisle
    The same applies for the other mats needed in tomes and codex and yes i will only make manuscripts for quite a while seeing how you need 1 manuscript for the second book. The point was that numbers have been changed and if you dont upgrade those production buildings you don't have enough in any way you wanna put it...
    Last edited by stefanceltare; 14.06.13 at 10:57. Reason: typos

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Orca45 View Post
    Why can i only make 1 Manuscript/Tome/Codex at the time.

Why not same method as by Provisionhouse and barrack, with a slice bar, how many i want to make.

Now i have to return every day back to the bookbinder to click on one of the buttons.

Please try to give as a solution for this.
    Do you really need a queue for something that takes a day to complete at the minimum? I'm not sure that it's such a hardship to click one button every day....

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    Do you really need a queue for something that takes a day to complete at the minimum? I'm not sure that it's such a hardship to click one button every day....
    The problem is the dead time.

At level 4, a manuscript takes 15 hours. Let's say you log in at 9am to start one going. It will finish at midnight. Now maybe you'll be up at midnight, but if not you've just lost 9 hours of available production time until you log in again at 9am. This makes the upgrade from level 3 to 4 was worthless unless you manage to log in at two very specific times of the day each day.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    The problem is the dead time.

At level 4, a manuscript takes 15 hours. Let's say you log in at 9am to start one going. It will finish at midnight. Now maybe you'll be up at midnight, but if not you've just lost 9 hours of available production time until you log in again at 9am. This makes the upgrade from level 3 to 4 was worthless unless you manage to log in at two very specific times of the day each day.
    Okay, make the queue a gem option. What's your comment now?

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    Okay, make the queue a gem option. What's your comment now?
    Your comment is not constructive... Why make it a gem option? Can you also give an argument?

Both PH and barrack have a queue with the possibility to speed production with gems. That system works just fine so it would seem logic to be the same. For all intent and purpose, the book binder is just like the provision house.

World
    Newfoundland
    You could argue the same for buffing, why not be able to stack them? Part of the challenge for me is crafting up a well timed schedule for it all, sometimes produce the Codex as it'll help resync it to the time you're online and then use the Manuscript to reduce the time for other books.

Same with buffs, I use Solid Sandwiches when I'm active during the day and the Baskets when I go out to work or sleep.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Reply to Thread