Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bookbinder Queue

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    It's true that it results in downtime, but it is clearly deliberate. Why? No one seems to know so far. It is very clearly deliberate though.

My only advice is this... chill. It's only a few minutes or a couple of hours lost each time and it's not that critical to playing the game. With minor annoyances like this the best thing is just to accept it and not worry, particularly because it is the same for us all. So far BB have not responded to feedback by promising a fix, so this may be how it will be always.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I would call it critical to the Science system... Isn't it enough that it takes hours to make a book and quite some resources to make those books? Those buildings which produce materials for the books are really hefty in terms of needs. Even at max lvl a binder will still take 12 full hours to make so by definition i'd call that SLOW.

But that is not enough and BB cripples us with a no queue for the binder... which not only makes for a mess when it comes to schedules but also frustration.

@Bob Is not only minutes, or a couple hours... it can also be long hours if your production time happens to finish around 1AM or those odd times.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Come on, there's a big company outthere that was imposing stupid restrictions in his product but the public fought back and that company toke back those measures.

What i mean is, BB, you just have to make possible a simple queue which i dont think is that difficult... people just need to complain and we might get 0,1% of getting that option available.

As far as i know, its the only building without queue in game... is there a reason in first place for it? Because if there is one, i dont think it was explained nor i think it will ever be...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanceltare View Post
    I would call it critical to the Science system... Isn't it enough that it takes hours to make a book and quite some resources to make those books? Those buildings which produce materials for the books are really hefty in terms of needs. Even at max lvl a binder will still take 12 full hours to make so by definition i'd call that SLOW.

But that is not enough and BB cripples us with a no queue for the binder... which not only makes for a mess when it comes to schedules but also frustration.

@Bob Is not only minutes, or a couple hours... it can also be long hours if your production time happens to finish around 1AM or those odd times.
    It's the same for everyone though. I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying it's really not worth getting worked up about.

I do understand that a lot of players have been drawn into Settlers to play in the 'most efficient' way - maximising production routes and so on - but if one steps back and looks at the whole process, then losing book production time (which ALL players will) just isn't important. For example... if it takes months to fully upgrade all your geos (and it will), are you really that bothered if someone else manages to do it a couple of days quicker because they stayed up more? Really? Fair enough if that matters to you, but I can't see that it's a big deal for many. No offence meant - we all play the game the way we want to and that's important - but on this issue I just can't see that it makes much difference. To put it in perspective, I'm more bothered about the resetting geo bug still existing than I am about this.

Edit to add: Do you make sure your explorers don't spend a minute idle in searching for adventures or treasure? It's the same thing. There's no way to queue explorer searches, but I don't see anyone going mad about that. I repeat, I'm not saying the lack of a queue is good, I'm just trying to add some perspective.
    Last edited by BobLurker; 24.06.13 at 21:13. Reason: Adding point about explorers.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    It's the same for everyone though. I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying it's really not worth getting worked up about.

I do understand that a lot of players have been drawn into Settlers to play in the 'most efficient' way - maximising production routes and so on - but if one steps back and looks at the whole process, then losing book production time (which ALL players will) just isn't important. For example... if it takes months to fully upgrade all your geos (and it will), are you really that bothered if someone else manages to do it a couple of days quicker because they stayed up more? Really? Fair enough if that matters to you, but I can't see that it's a big deal for many. No offence meant - we all play the game the way we want to and that's important - but on this issue I just can't see that it makes much difference. To put it in perspective, I'm more bothered about the resetting geo bug still existing than I am about this.

Edit to add: Do you make sure your explorers don't spend a minute idle in searching for adventures or treasure? It's the same thing. There's no way to queue explorer searches, but I don't see anyone going mad about that. I repeat, I'm not saying the lack of a queue is good, I'm just trying to add some perspective.
    Agreed, Is it a perfect system? nope... Does it NEED to be? not really. Its just a game I'm happy to roll with it.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Am I the confused one now? I'm making a suggestion to improve the game - just like BB asks us to do - and all of a sudden there are several players stating that it's not so important.
    Yes, I know that. That's not the point of making a suggestion though...

World
    Newfoundland
    Your suggestion is a good one, I wouldn't dare say different. I just feel sorry for BB sometimes as it seems they getting a bashing from all angles on just about everything xD... I like to cut them some slack really as I do think they do a good job and must feel they can do no right (as a worker) that must really suck lol !!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    @BobLurker We can't play the game the way we want when there is no flexibility in the system. I don't give a "penny" on how fast other people skill their geos... that is not the point. The point is that current system is not satisfactory, far from it.

It's also a bit silly to compare producing books to sending explorers, don't you think? I couldn't care less if i got x map fragments an hour later, 5 or 10 hours later but I do care when my binder is idle for 8-9 hours knowing that it takes months, as you pointed out, to skill 1 petty geologist.

You can't see that being an issue for many? Then you're not looking good enough. As far as am concerned, there is no need for some perspective. Why should BB dumb this system down on purpose and expect me to be happy with it? If the system works for you then fine, no comment but is not for me and obviously am not the only one.

@Brayarg Thats such a pointless comment. "Does it NEED to be?" Yes, if it can be made better why not? It's just a game, not a second rl job.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stecker78 View Post
    Am I the confused one now? I'm making a suggestion to improve the game - just like BB asks us to do - and all of a sudden there are several players stating that it's not so important.
    Yes, I know that. That's not the point of making a suggestion though...
    You are absolutely right to make suggestions. You posted this in the 'General discussion' forum though, so I was discussing it. I wouldn't have posted the same thing in 'Game suggestions'.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanceltare View Post
    @BobLurker We can't play the game the way we want when there is no flexibility in the system. I don't give a "penny" on how fast other people skill their geos... that is not the point. The point is that current system is not satisfactory, far from it.

It's also a bit silly to compare producing books to sending explorers, don't you think? I couldn't care less if i got x map fragments an hour later, 5 or 10 hours later but I do care when my binder is idle for 8-9 hours knowing that it takes months, as you pointed out, to skill 1 petty geologist.

You can't see that being an issue for many? Then you're not looking good enough. As far as am concerned, there is no need for some perspective. Why should BB dumb this system down on purpose and expect me to be happy with it? If the system works for you then fine, no comment but is not for me and obviously am not the only one.

@Brayarg Thats such a pointless comment. "Does it NEED to be?" Yes, if it can be made better why not? It's just a game, not a second rl job.
    Pointless in your opinion? correct, but who is to say your opinion is the correct one? Is mine opinion worth less than yours? I am entitled to one and its just as valid as yours and I reserve the right to express is within the rules where I choose to!

Reply to Thread