Reply to Thread

Thread: Prevent your geologist to find mines at certain spots

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland

Question Prevent your geologist to find mines at certain spots

Anyone knows how you can prevent your geologist to find mines at certain spots?

As we all know, the spots on the utter left side of your home island are not efficient (too much travelling time).
    (Perhaps they are used by high level players with many building licences?)

I tried to place iron mines on the spot and wait until they are depleted. Unfortunately, the geologist are still finding the mines, even when there are other spots with non-depleted mines.

Is there any way to block these spots completely?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Let your Geo find the iron, and then just never build there. The spots will stay 'found' forever, your geo will ignore there, and that will achieve what you're after

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    That doesn't work. There is at least 1 iron positions on the map which has been never found by my geologist because I found the maximum allowed (unless I'm looking at old resource maps and the upper iron spot in area 5 no longer exists).

For some reason, those two useless spots on the left side are always preferred.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 17.06.13 at 20:58.

World
    Sandycove
    There are a couple of deposit sites that move a short way, but they are not additional sites, the total number remain the same. If you prefer one site ( of those that move) make sure it is clear of `exhausted mine rubble' before you send out a geologist or it will move to the alternate position. Those that move have the same amount of ore though so the only benefit is travelling time to your store position.
    If you haven't realised already, just a reminder that those two iron deposits in s4 have 550 ore as do the 5 iron deposits in s8, all others have deposits of 500 ore. I use the extra traveling time for the two in sector 4 to stagger the deposits running out as it reduces the hit on resources in building them again over a longer period ( when you run 11 of them you'll understand what I mean )
    Last edited by Larili; 17.06.13 at 23:10.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    That doesn't work. There is at least 1 iron positions on the map which has been never found by my geologist because I found the maximum allowed (unless I'm looking at old resource maps and the upper iron spot in area 5 no longer exists).

For some reason, those two useless spots on the left side are always preferred.
    Ignoring them does work.
    There are 3 'possible' slots in zone 5 that an iron mine can be found at, but only 2 of the 3 (random) will ever be found. This is normal, unrelated behaviour (barring one of the science skills which allow the third slot). If you let the geo find them, and just never build there, I assure you that your geo will then go find other available slots that exist.

This is easy enough for you to test.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    That 3rd spot, only becoming available via a science skill does explain things however. So that third spot does not exist for me as a matter of fact...aha!

Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    make sure it is clear of `exhausted mine rubble' before you send out a geologist or it will move to the alternate position
    So this order does exist, I just didn't understand it was the order because of the missing 3rd spot.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 18.06.13 at 08:35.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I had iron mines pop up in s5 on all 3 different spots, but not more than 2 at the same time.
    On the testserver you can make your geo get a chance on finding one more iron deposit than the maximum, and then you can get 3 in s5. I had that many times already.

Reply to Thread