Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Decay of resources in Star Menu

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    What the hell does it matter to you how many resources other players keep in their star menu? It doesn't affect the economy and it's not hurting anyone. This is a mean and spiteful suggestion.
    Lol Icegirl, well said.
    It just came to me that i work hard for what i have,
    and then what busines someone have coming to my Storage and say 'hey this must expire!'
    Keep the hands away from my Storehouse and its honestly and with hard work earned stuff...
    Please... Gently.
    Last edited by Dragonia; 27.06.13 at 07:08.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    stupid idea please delete post lol abuse the star menu lmao some ppl ehh!!!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I have lots of resources in my star menu simply because i need them. When all my buildings are running i'm on -28,000 coal per 24 hours. I'm producing a large amount myself but i have a lot of manufacturing buildings. I store goods in my star menu because i can empty my warehouse in no time.

Besides, decaying items? How does ore decay? Or gold? Stones? Guild coins? Settlers even, will they decay? Most people have been patient and worked hard to get lots of resources, why start taking it away from them? it would be unfair.

People aren't abusing the market or anything so i don't see what issues with storing items in the star menu has.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavona View Post
    So if the decay in Star Menu thing is introduced the same approach will work. The player simply does not accept the 25,000 resource but leaves it in mail.
    I didn't think of that!

World
    Northisle
    But a trade left in mail will expire after 8 hours and return the resources to the sender!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    as long as you do not accept that return mail... you can use the mail system to store, too.

I have mixed feelings about the storage issue.

Previously the only resources that we could hold in Star Menu (SM) were resources we had converted in Provision house and items that we received in lootspots. When the new trading system was introduced, we were able to move excess in to SM. I'm not sure if this was intended from BB's side.

I've been thinking, though.... I do think that the way the current system works is part of the explanation why older servers with an active, high level, player base always do well in server vs server competitions, and this will never change as long as the current system stays in place. The system is not rigged by intention (I hope), but by default.

Most active, high level players that I know, sit with a large amount of unused resources in SM, and it grows in between events. A server that could use salpetre, titanium ore, longbows, hwl, hwp etc as resources to convert balloons will always do better than one where the majority of players need to make water, coal...

Likewise - if the quest chain is based on adv - a server that needs to make settlers and weapons for adventures will never be able to compete directly against a server where a large proportion of of players sit with 20k settlers on the ready in SM, along with 500k brew, bs etc - and drill plans to make a lvl5 barracks churn out troops.

I'm not necessarily saying that I want the system to revert back to the way it was (I cannot make my mind up as to what I think is "better")- I just think we should also bear in mind the downsides to the system the way it currently is

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Higher level players will always be able to produce more, store more, trade more and so on. It's because they've been playing the game longer and spent more money. They win. That's all there is to it. If you don't like the more established players being able to do more than you, then online games are not a good place to be! I am teasing a bit, but seriously, if you try to stop players doing things like this you are just reducing their enjoyment of the game and not increasing your own at the same time, and there's no logic to that.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I have only ever played 1 game where decay was introduced, in that case the Game developers had good reason. It was to reduce lag and yes it worked. Settlers is a totally different type of game and unless they have got it 100% wrong, items in SM should not cause lag. To my mind to Star or not is up to the individual player, BB are already introducing enough things to remove player choice, we don't need people suggesting more.

Reply to Thread