Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild quest suggestion

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

Guild quest suggestion

To date player satisfaction with Guild Quests is low, a way must be found to rectify this. I believe the key issue is the assignment of quests by the game.

Guild leaders are in a better position to know what their members are capable of than some automatic system, I suggest putting Guild leaders into the loop for choosing quests for the guild. My idea is a checkbox type list for the next unassigned quest. They can choose from low/medium/high reward quests.
    Low level owning res, trading res, buffing people. this pays 50% reward.
    Medium level adds low xp adventures to the mix. This pays 75% reward.
    High level adds high xp adventures. Pays 100% rewards.

The above is just a basic idea, other players may see ways in which it can be improved.

For individual players there should be a opt out button if they choose not to do the quest. Opting out will count as completing but costs in guild coins an amount equal to the reward. I've included this since not all players are gem buyers.

World
    Sandycove
    Your idea certainly has merit...

Maybe simple survey sent to Guild Leaders to rate the Guild Quests would solve a lot of the problem, it would give BB direct feedback on specific quests.

World
    Newfoundland
    I want suggest our new MOD BB-Alpaca to do something about that. I can't train all my members to send me notice when they did gq, but I tried everything. So never know who did it and who didn't. Please put that in guild administration, so they should not send me notice and I can know for sure who is active and who isn't.

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JessieSun View Post
    I want suggest our new MOD BB-Alpaca to do something about that. I can't train all my members to send me notice when they did gq, but I tried everything. So never know who did it and who didn't. Please put that in guild administration, so they should not send me notice and I can know for sure who is active and who isn't.
    Hi, all!

This sounds like a great idea and I will pass it to the team today, along with your comments. It's great to hear this kind of feedback from the community, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. (: The dev team is also currently working on improvements to the guild system after hearing feedback from players-- check out the dev Q&A that was released a wee while ago.

BB_Alpaca
    Last edited by BB_Alpaca; 08.07.13 at 08:27.

World
    Sandycove
    Excellent idea. Guild leaders at least need the ability to see which members have completed and which haven't. An 'Opt Out' button would be great though. I would much prefer having people 'Opt Out' that having us all stuck on a number just a few short of our target for days on end in the vain hope we will reach our target.
    Leader of Oceanic Flight 815 [LOST]

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by killerklown View Post
    Excellent idea. Guild leaders at least need the ability to see which members have completed and which haven't. An 'Opt Out' button would be great though. I would much prefer having people 'Opt Out' that having us all stuck on a number just a few short of our target for days on end in the vain hope we will reach our target.
    Agreed. Although there is also the option of the guild leader cancelling that particular quest. Obviously then no one gets the bonus guild coins for achieving the target, but the ones that have managed to do the quest have still got their individual guild coins.

One comment regarding 'opt out'; would those people still expect to receive the bonus guild coins even though they have said they don't want to or can't do that particular guild quest? That does seem a bit like money for nothing off other people's backs; not too bad if it's an occasional option, but not good if people abuse it.

I am very much in favour of the guild leaders being able to see who has completed the guild quests, though; it would cut down on the micro-managing and record-keeping. It would also allow guild leaders to make a more informed choice about who is actually active and who is really just going along for the ride in the expectation of some free handouts.

World
    Sandycove
    I would expect those that 'Opt Out' would receive nothing.

I would also welcome something that told me how active a guild member was. Thus saving me and my officers much time and effort sending out Guild Mails that don't get replied to & making copious notes of who has seen who online and when.
    Leader of Oceanic Flight 815 [LOST]

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    My opt-out suggestion would mean they would have to pay guild coins equal to the individual award, this would mean upon a guild completing they would only be getting guild award - individual award, While it might be more desirable for them to get nothing you have to give them a lower income of guild coins so that they still have a pot to draw upon if they should chose to opt-out from future guild quests.

Reply to Thread